Bolus before meals

chema's profile photo   06/14/2014 10:18 a.m.

Hello everyone!!
One question: before meals, breakfast or dinners, what do you click before or after eating?
I do it after eating since the total hydrates I consume.But with this practice, my glucose levels must be high when insulin takes effect.Would it be a good idea to put a bolus before meals?
Thank you

chema's profile photo
chema
06/14/2014 10:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
Normally it puts it before so that the insulin peaks coincide with those of the food, unless when you start eating these shorts and lets you go up with the food a little before putting it or if the HC you are going to take areSuper slow, if you say you will have a spike gap.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/14/2014 12:28 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

You have to put insulin before starting to eat, because as you say you will make very high peaks.Children who do not eat very well, sometimes they are then put to avoid hypos in case they have not eaten everything or if they take too long.So, even if it is a can, you should know that you are going to eat exactly before you start doing it.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/14/2014 8:23 p.m.

It has been sent to me before finishing!It is not that it is a good idea to put it before, it is to do it like this :) (except as @gala says, if you start eating short you have to wait for it to go up a little, and put it during the meal or later if it is a mealwhat do you do fast)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/14/2014 8:26 p.m.

Thank you so much.But it is a bit difficult, sometimes when you eat away from home, know the HC you are going to consume.

chema's profile photo
chema
06/15/2014 3:16 a.m.

Already, you have to count the hydrates that you think it has, and depending on what they are bringing together, or you leave you a little... you see you see.There are times that come out well and sometimes not so much, but this is so.Until that you measure two hours later, you always have the doubt if you have done well.Cheer up!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/15/2014 8:26 a.m.

Hello,

Better before, even 10 minutejos .... I am conservative, I get less than what I think I'm going to need and if I see what else I wear another bolus, but that with the bomb is easy, it does not meanAnother puncture

tica's profile photo
tica
06/16/2014 11:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.