New and fear

Alemany's profile photo   06/20/2014 5:59 a.m.

Hello.I was diagnosed with type 1 2 or 3 weeks ago.I still say that it may be for food reasons, or something else that can alter glucose .... I don't know.I am not able to make my mind.I would like you to help me.I have no idea of ​​anything.At the moment doing controls to look at the sugar.No medicine for the moment.But every time I see the results I get sad.I see yes .... that I have glucose.I don't know now that it will happen.I went to the educator, but he didn't tell me anything about.He told me that at the moment I am measured sugar and that's it.Also very aggressive with me, with bad forms.I would appreciate all help

Alemany's profile photo
Alemany
06/20/2014 5:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!I know it's hard.But you need to adjust to the new situation.
I am diabetics DSD k debute almost 2 years ago.
Type one diabetes is not because of bad feeding.It is of a genetic type (often associated with other endocrine diseases such as my case. Surely you have a visit with your endocrine/educator. They are the ones who have to train you to learn to live with this disease.
You try to absorb what K tell you calmly since it will be a lot of information.
We are many type 1 diabetics who learned to live with it.Much patience and encouragement !!!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/20/2014 6:42 a.m.

Hello
Type 1 and without insulin?What figures do you have?If they are high, change hospital.Type 1 diabetes should guide insulin.

Regarding the disease or not, give time, it is accepted and lived normally, although now it seems impossible.Shout, cry, relieve yourself, and then live!where are you from?

tica's profile photo
tica
06/20/2014 6:59 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Good I am diabetic 16 years ago and at the beginning it is something hard but I think from my way of seeing it that the first and fundamental thing is to accept that you are diabetic ... regarding meals because having depends a little the calories that put you in the futureBut I imagine that it will be one of 2000 kakotias and that gives you to eat well without being hungry ... for which to eat and the one that does not overwhelm you too much can eat of everything but there are things that are better not to abuse fat types fried fats (since they keep you the upper glucose longer) and there are others that good once and taking precautions to do sports after or something then you can take ... now it will cost you clear but good when you learn to see the meals of the meals and to handle youYou will see that it is a disease but that life does not change you ...
Regarding the educator if it is a row edge that loosen a little haha ​​and if not there are books and such that they help you in something at meals time you also have us here to help in what you can :)

otti's profile photo
otti
06/20/2014 7:44 a.m.

Thank you all.I can do to the idea.Each answer is important for Mu

Alemany's profile photo
Alemany
06/20/2014 8:20 a.m.

Hi Germany!

I am also type 1 for a couple of weeks.
The first thing you have to know is that type 1 diabetes is not caused, nor can it be avoided!Do not martyries thinking that you have done something wrong, because it is not your fault.I also had those doubts and that 'remorse' at the beginning, but it is not.

Where do you live?I find it incredible that you have diagnosed diabetes and are not in insulin treatment.How much glucose does the glucometer mark you?I went to another hospital, as they have already recommended, where they explain everything and put insulin.

All the best!: D

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/20/2014 5:08 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Welcome to the world hehe I am 23 years old and Ami diagnosed me diabetes with 9 years at the beginning it is hard and difficult and I am not going to lie to you today there are times that give me low but controlling you eating healthy and why not something sport is sportHe carries the disease perfectly, little by little you get used to my mother, the asmatic always tells me with his ventolin the diabetic with his insulin;) There are worse diseases the truth we just have to put a lot of our part and patience and encourage and here we are for everythingAt least me :) A hug!

mirian90's profile photo
mirian90
06/20/2014 9:58 p.m.

I am from Alicante.I am giving in the glucometer between 195 and 280. Follow the moment of the day.Is it a lot?I guess they will want to see for a few days.And then decide how much insulin.I don't know.I have no idea.

Alemany's profile photo
Alemany
06/22/2014 7:29 a.m.

According to my opinion, they would have the first moment in insulin dSD (it is the only way to lower those levels) you have not been admitted or at least in the day hospital (all day for k paute insulin rations and form you ???) esk diagnosed3 weeks with type 1 diabetes and without formation or insulin guidelines it seems fatal to me.Comment on it but that is basic.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/22/2014 8:16 a.m.

With 280, they should ingest you in the hospital and put yourself in treatment, now.I would go for the emergency room. Because if you go up you can end up in ketoacidosis, which is very dangerous.
Have studies to know what type of diabetes you have and put the proper treatment.
The educator who puts the aggressiveness wherever they work, who work with defenseless people, not with criminals.
I do not want to scare you, maybe it is a type2 diabetes, which responds to oral treatment and low hydrates with weight loss.
But, as type1, without treatment, you are playing it.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/22/2014 9:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, the first thing is that let's see if you catch a doctor who knows a little, because I want me to tell you ... I told me that I could not take a porrón of things.And on top of that I was the first month with a diet that had to eat 5 HC units at night, 5 at noon, and 3 at breakfast and snack, and then recento also, ended with the inflaeus stomach of so much eating.

What came well to me is what the years later told me, you make your life as normal you can, don't live for diabetes.Try to have a healthy eating, exercise, but come on, that is said to everyone, whether diabetic or not.If you ever want to take a sweet or ice cream, then you adapt insulin (but try not to abuse).Little by little you will know what you have to click according to the carbohydrates you take.

Everything is measured in hydrates, and everything comes to you on food labels, at first you will take it more to Rajataba and then already by eye (I still remember my mother weighing all the food to the millimeter).

For example, if you have breakfast a bowl of cereals, then you will say, I have to click 3 units (for example), and so little by little until controls.Anyway at the beginning it is supposed to have a time when things upload things (honeymoon).

Especially encouragement, that you are not sick or anything, and you can do the same as everyone, the only thing you have to click.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/23/2014 1:18 p.m.

Welcome, a little patience and surely when you have more data to have everything controlled you will be more optimistic.
A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/23/2014 3:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.