Help to correct insulin dose

BanHop's profile photo   06/25/2014 9:15 a.m.

Good, to see, I've been with type I diabetes for 6 years, and my glycosolated hemoglobin reports have gone from 6 to the latter of 8.2.Therefore I bought a Dexcom G4 and I am seeing my mistakes.I inform you of my dose and my daily life.

Use Novarip and Lantus at night.
- Breakfast a bowl of milk with cereals, skewed 3 units
- A couple of cookies.
- At noon depends, we will put that as a dish of meat with potatoes, I would prick if I go with 150 about 4 units.
- In the afternoon I usually go to the gym and take two sugar before, and a Aquarius vessel later.
- At night if I have dinner for example a couple of sandwichs and I go with 150, if I have gone to the gym I do not sulked quickly, if I have not gone, I would prick 4 units.
- I shed Lantus at night, if I have gone to Gym 14 units, if not 18.

Ok, because if everything goes well, at the moments that measured me it seemed everything more or less correct, (well, the days I have chopped more if I have had climbs, but it is normal), but now with the dexcom g4 I have seen whatfollowing:

- Breakfast, I have 150, I get 300 at the time of the food I have 150 again.
- In the food, I climb to 300, if I have gone to the Gym did not prick me to see what I had at night, in the morning it appeared with approximately 150, but in reality it is seen that at the time of dinner I was fine,120 or so, after dinner I get to 350, and at night for exercise it goes down to correct values.

Therefore, big peaks hit me for meals, I tried this morning to click faster, I have uploaded less to me, at 225 or so, but now at 13:15 I had to take two sugar because I have awill go down and at 15:00.

What steps or dose should I do?Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/25/2014 9:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, surely you will have to go up the fast so that you do not make so much peak and lowering Lantus because if you climb you so much with the meals and to the next meal food you are well that the lantus has lowered and it is not its function, its function is to maintain the levelsbetween hours.
As you have from Dexcom, go testing with the fast to get a couple of units at meals that you have seen that peak and be pending of the hypos because when regulating the fast and not having those 300, the lantus will have less to go down andIt will give you a hiccup, if you see that it is so, to the following day Ponte 2 less than Lantus

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/25/2014 11:03 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Reading what you have breakfast, I think that perhaps the food you take have a high glycemic index.The glass of milk (12 gr of rapid absorption hydrates) and I don't know how many grams of cereals you will take, but that usually rises quite fast.

To the extent that you can, it is convenient that the hydrates you eat are slow absorption.In my case, I try that in each meal I do, if I take some pure sugar, it is not more than 15 grams.At the beginning of debuting, I ate what I wanted, and it happened to me ... I had the glycemía well at 2 hours but at the time I had made a very large peak.And if I put more insulin, I didn't do so much peak but at 3 hours I was downed.It is looking for the balance a bit.

As for the exercise, I would eat something slow to keep you during exercise instead of two sugar.And then, because the Aquarius vessel will upload you very fast.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/25/2014 11:05 a.m.

I will try to lower the Lantus to 12, raise the quick a couple of units per food, and when exercising a banana for example, I will tell you the evolution.Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/25/2014 11:53 a.m.

Good afternoon, I found this last month badly and blamed it for an urine infection, in the end I went to the hospital and they took 600 of sugar, I spent 4 days, diabetic debut, 22 units before the breakfast of Lantus and8 to 14 UDS of Apidra before Cafa food, but I can't get it down, in the morning it is usually around 250 and later between 300/350, is what happens to me?Is perhaps soon?How long can it take to control it?Thank you

Botiscafo's profile photo
Botiscafo
06/28/2014 10:55 a.m.

Surely you miss Lantus.What values ​​do you go to bed?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/28/2014 11:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Surely as @regina says, you fail the lantus that does not reach you, it does not cover you 24 hours and the one you get in the morning has not yet started acting (it takes 2 to 4 to start).And if you try to put it at night?
What values ​​do you have at 2 hours of breakfast?And before food and dinner ??

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/28/2014 12:23 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

You can try to raise the dose of Lantus one or two units ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/28/2014 3:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.