Insulin has no effect

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo   06/25/2014 5:33 p.m.

Hello everyone, a few days ago that I have cold, the doctor says it is something viral.I have no fever, although a terrible cough.Since then I can not lower the levels of 200, only once or twice a day I have them below.I have tried to lower the slow insulin, because at first somoyi effect seemed, but nothing, I remain the same, so I have returned to the initial dose, but the same.I have also tried to raise the fast at meals, but it doesn't work either.I am carrying the units to Rajatabla and tomorrow I will consult my endocrine, do you think it is simply the virus and will pass without further ado?Something similar happened to you, I had never lasted so long ...

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo
Eva Bajo Picaporte
06/25/2014 5:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!By having a flu process your insulin needs change.
You see increasing from 10% to 25% in fast insulin and look at the ketone since if you have, you also have k increase a unit (almenos by cross of ketone that comes out) to the K the flu process decreases your insulin needs alsoThey will do.So you will have to reduce them again little by little.
I hope it has been helpful!

Improvement !!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/25/2014 8:49 p.m.

I imagine that it will have more to do with the cold, but have you thought that insulin has spoiled?It once happened to me and it was almost like not putting on.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/25/2014 8:52 p.m.

Be careful with how much you inject, in my case whenever I am cold or I have some type of virus (from the belly for example) I have the discontrolled sugar to the discharge, and I have verified that putting myself more and more insulin only with it with it to have uncontrolled declines.My advice is that you continue to inject normally and be patient, until you recover.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
06/26/2014 9:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.