Hello everyone I'm new and I want to introduce myself

Ana55Maria's profile photo   07/03/2014 8:30 a.m.

My name is Ana Mari, they discovered the DBT a few years ago ... more or less 40 ago in a medical examination of the company.Luckily to date I have had no complication.I started with the swine insulin and the glass syringes that had to be cooked.In the 80s, the first glucometer, puncture, strips, lancets and disposable syringes came out.
I keep them from memory.Well that is more or less everything,
A very affectionate greeting to all
Ana Mari

Ana55Maria's profile photo
Ana55Maria
07/03/2014 8:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome and a cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/03/2014 4:10 p.m.

Welcome, Ana Mari!A lot of experiences like yours are appreciated and they encourage us a lot.When you started, you would only put insulin once a day, right?Because there would be no fast insulin ... What treatment are you carrying now?
A hug!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/03/2014 10:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina, I was very lucky, just 40 years ago that diabetes discovered me, insulin was porkThat date already gave us the insu.Fast and NPH of Lilly in the hospitals, where we had to collect them as well as the disposable BD syringes.Now I continue +O-, I still mix the insu in the syringe, I do not use or pump, a few days ago they gave me the results of the analytics and I have 5.5 of hemoglobin.

Hehehe, summarizing 40 years of being with our sweet friend is difficult, but I am happy and today I have not had or problems with Mrs. DBT.

A affectionate greeting

Ana Mari

Ana55Maria
07/04/2014 6:38 p.m.

Well, you are an example of how complications can be avoided with good control.
Do you get mixture of insulin ... do not have hypos problems?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/04/2014 9:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Not much, the occasional, the PEN do not go well, I put the units depending on the levels of glucose and calculation +/- the activity that I am doing and that I will eat.This is not a table.With the pre-mezclas of the PEN it was very difficult to control, at least for me, so the endocrine told me ... "Virgin, virgin we are as we were."

A affectionate greeting
Ana Mari

Ana55Maria
07/05/2014 6:48 p.m.

If you read in the forum, ahra are used flat insulins, combined with the rapids in meals. They release you from schedules and reduce the hypos .., but if you are fine like this, then keep it up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2014 8:07 p.m.

I am well so, I already tell you .... For me it is comfortable to be well controlled, I was at the time bunny of the Indies and often chaos.

Ana Mari

Ana55Maria
07/07/2014 6:19 p.m.

Ana Mari ... today my mother died (diabetics) and read you has excited me a lot because I remember as a child at home the things you mention (syringe, glucose strips in urine, etc) ... but noAll cases are like my mother who careless her illness until she was late and serious.There are also cases such as yours and that of my diabetic aunt (my mother's sister with 40 years of evolution and in perfect condition although she is type II diabetic) that encourage us and demonstrate that we can live as well as possible with a few inconveniencesand basic norms ... despite making me cry ... Thank you for your example and for remitting me.Keep taking care of you.Affectionate kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/12/2014 9:34 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Thanks Nina45, to see if with so much invention, they take something out for the DBT to be solved, although I see it unlikely, I am not pessimistic.Diabetes is a sweet for laboratories.Looking AIDS, it is no longer deadly, it has become a chronic disease and that is what laboratories want, chronic patients to continue selling their products.If we will heal ..... goodbye business.Meanwhile, you say to keep taking care of us.

A very affectionate greeting
Ana Mari

Ana55Maria
07/15/2014 2:21 p.m.

Dear Ana Mari ... impossible to agree with you!In fact I speak with someone who is dedicated to the field of research and told me that the diabetics had ceased to be priority because our disease is no longer deadly (come on a patch: insulin).Anyway, let me be optimistic and think that due to the mass increase of diabetics worldwide, in the end the states, which are those who finance research, will end up dedicating more budget and resources to diabetis ... (even if only for issuesMonetary: Inasumible expense by administrations).I think something like this has motivated the anti -tabaco struggle (in the end the sanitary public spending caused by tobacco than its gain) was worse.Let's trust that I will be right ...
Well, that beautiful, kisses to thousands and continue to illuminate with the wisdom of experience.Thank you for being among us and serving as an example.Muac !!.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/15/2014 9:27 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Nina 45 Thank you very much for your comment because you just gave in the nail, we are not priority because diabetes is no longer deadly in the short term ...

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
07/16/2014 12:07 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

According to Ana Mari.
A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/16/2014 4:21 p.m.

Greetings to all.I take your post Ana Mari to introduce me.I am not a diabetic but it is my husband and the one that I usually look at for forums is me.They were diagnosed in mid -June, type 2 with 360 values, together with overweight and cholesterol.Luckily the retinography has gone well and in three weeks we got it to go down to 150. We continue to take care of the food, together with the metformin and a little movement (now in summer a lot of beach, nothing to sunbathe but of being involved in the watersplashing).I already took the opportunity to ask, I have searched for the forum and I have not found anything.For type 2 diabetes, in addition to the controls made by the nurse and the family doctor, is any type of intermediate measurement necessary?They have not told him anything about glucometer or strips, I suppose it is only for type 1 diabetics, we are from Asturias (I say it not because diabetes is different here, I know no, hehehe, but because of the differences I see in thedifferent autonomous communities).
All the best,
Bego

Begona's profile photo
Begona
08/01/2014 5:51 p.m.

Hi Begoña Guapisima Amiga.How are you?Welcome to this our great Forera house.I am also type II diabetics and with metformin (1-1-1).Debute in December 2012 to 350. I live in Barcelona (and very happy to be almost "Catalina" hehe, but I am a Galician by birth and ancestors (and a lot of honor), so you already know the saying: "Galicians and Asturians are cousins ​​are cousinsbrothers "... in what can help you daughter ... count on me !!!
Well, I'm going to see if I can solve any questions ... The glucometer and stripsAnyone!) And although it will not be necessary to look every day, if it is important that you do it from time to time to carry a small control of the subject and teach it to the doctor when you go to consultation.It also is doing very well to remind us that we are diabetics and we must monitor what we eat (unfortunately the type II unlike type I is not bad due to diabetes - in general that there are exceptions - and that makes it even more dangerousif possible because it tends to neglect more easily).I recommend you read a my entry called "Strips" where a MAJETE FORERO I recommend a website (safe) where to buy strips for my glucometer at a better price.Give it a look!Because you can write to that website to see if they have them for yours.Also every three or six months you will make a blood control (with a rigorous urine) called "glycosylated hemoglobin".It is a test that indicates how diabetes has gone the last three months ... In addition to that it also touches you a couple of podologic revisions a year and an eye fund every two years.I also advise you to look at another one -called "plate method" you will see what the diet is advised to the "Clinic" hospital in Barcelona (which are - without pretense of detracting from anyone - eminences in the field andThe best even at European level -I don't say it, they say it studies in this regard -).
Well pretty I don't roll up anymore ... anything you know where to meet.Kisses to the patient and take care of him to take care of him.Little girl
P.D: Send me an email and tell you a truqui to see if we manageHospitals these days.My mail is: petit1991@hotmail.com.Biquiños ... I recommend you as a glucometer: "Freestyle Opium", here they use it daily in hospitals (proof of their reliability) and I have had the occasion to try others (in particular the acheck - I do not remember model-) andSincerely they fail more (I have the blood quite liquid, I did not read the drop and spent two or three strips every time).My Freestyle Opium has never failed me!See you soon

nina45's profile photo
nina45
08/02/2014 4:11 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Hi Nina45.I just read your message thanks.Tomorrow I write you.

Begona's profile photo
Begona
08/03/2014 10:07 p.m.

Hello.Today we have collected the first complete analyzes from the debut and although we are still a bit above normal values, it has improved a lot, it has dropped from 391 to 169, cholesterol is already in normal values, eyes and feet well, trigli even a littleAltos and the glucosada has gone from 14 to 10 (15 days ago) and now to 8. We are happy but above all it has been a mood chute that is very good for us, my husband to continue working to improve and to me because I see himvery content.

Begona's profile photo
Begona
08/22/2014 6:21 p.m.

Hello, my name is Carmen and debut with DB1 in April of last year at 55. A little higher for what seems to be usual.I have been soaking all kinds of information for a year (educator, endocrine, internet ...) and I hope that in this forum, from your experiences, I will get more than medical information.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.

CarmenVS's profile photo
CarmenVS
08/24/2014 1:48 p.m.

Welcome, Carmen!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2014 3:24 p.m.

Hi Carmen here you know you can ask what you want that everything we can help and listen will we will do it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/24/2014 3:38 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.