Sugar climbs

mirleft's profile photo   12/13/2015 7:59 p.m.

Hello everyone and thank you very much for sharing your experiences in this forum, we all learn from all.
I am type1 diabetic since 2013. I started to lose weight until I stayed at 52 kg (of a normal weight 64kg), I did analysis and I had 285 on an empty stomach, and the same day I went to collect the results and measured me the glucose and had 490.They punctured the Lantus right there.
I continued for 10 months with 6u from Lantus at night.Little by little I have been raising the dose up to 10u, and I recommend the endocrine also wearing a noirpid since I don't win weight.The truth my life improved a lot when I started with fast insulin.
Today I use 11u lantus, 3/3/3 of Novorapid.Breakfast 5 rations, food 8 rations, and dinner 8 rations.Ultimas Hemoglobins 5.4 / 5.6.I also use the Abbott Freestyle meter 1 time every two months, since I cannot afford to buy the patches every month.
Thanks to this meter I have discovered how my metabolism reacts to certain meals and at certain times and also in certain situations.
But I still have the doubt why that passes- because after eating my a plate of cheese paste (8 portions) and measure the glucose 2h later, I get 125. But 1h later, instead of lowering this figure, which, whichIt is doing and climbing up to 160 or 150, so whenever they eat those meals with fat, I try to go for a walk at two hours.
I don't know if someone else happens to someone.I am scratching a little, and it makes me think that I may have some type of diabetes that is not completely 1, perhaps similar to type2.
I am not an expert and I do not intend to be.I would only like to know the opinion of the veterans.
Thank you so much

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/13/2015 7:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello welcome.Pasta and rice to many makes us continue to raise glucose after two hours of having eaten it, and as the effect of the rapid ends because the glucose begins to raise and although the control has been good at 2h canNot being at 3h.It is normal.

I solve it with a reinforcement puncture at two hours to eat.

By the way it seems that you are on honeymoon since 2013 because of the little insulin you need, what happened.
In your case with a reinforcement of a unit can reach you.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/13/2015 9:22 p.m.

Welcome @Mirleft

It is clear that this dish rises glycemia more slowly than other meals.Do what artories tells you or click on a place where fast insulin makes more slow effect such as buttocks or thighs.Try to see which method it works for you.Fats also cause blood glucose to rise more slowly and for a longer time

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 9:28 p.m.

Thank you very much for answering.
The truth is that I try to go out to walk lately to lower it.Step of injected more insulin.I tried once but, I get rid of everything and I had to be mediating glucose more times with fear of hypos ... ect
I think the honeymoon is still thanks to the fact that I am taking some linen seeds from a year or so.I liedo to take them ground helps generate betas cells and improve insulin sensitivity.In fact, I did tests with Abbott's Freestyle monitor to observe the effort of those seeds.I was 160 one day in the afternoon, instead of going out, I took a yogurt with those seeds, and the 20 minutes began to collapse the sugar to levels of 70. I have repeated the same tests and I assure you that the linen works,But of course it does not mean that I have to stop putting the insul.It simply makes you more sensitive and helps.Maybe in the future they discover more information about that.
Thanks again

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/15/2015 9:42 a.m.

What if I tell you that my honeymoon lasted about ten years?I kept the diet more or less and run 3 or 4 days a week.

What is the secret to last the honeymoon more?Who knows, I suppose it will depend on the reserves you have in the pancreas

Have you tried to join the thighs or rear?

DiabetesForo
12/15/2015 10:20 a.m.

Welcome to the @Mirleft forum, I fully subscribe the suggestions of @Artorias and @joseludi, about the duration of the honeymoon, as @joseludi says, in each person it is different, in fact, there are studies that show that type 1,For many years they still secrete some insulin to a very low level, I suppose that in the first years is greater and that is why the effect of the honeymoon.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/15/2015 10:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks fer,
The injecting the insul in my leg works with very low glycemic index meals (lentils and chickpeas) and also when with people or outside, since there is first dish, second and fruit and people talk and take longer to eat, thus I avoid decreases of sugar.
Have you ever tried the linen?

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/15/2015 10:46 a.m.

mirleft said:
thanks fer,
The injecting the insul in my leg works with very low glycemic index meals (lentils and chickpeas) and also when with people or outside, since there is first dish, second and fruit and people talk and take longer to eat, thus I avoid decreases of sugar.

I had not heard anything about the linen.We will have to try it.Where do they sell it?
In herbalists?

DiabetesForo
12/15/2015 12:37 p.m.

Hi, how very well the colleagues comment with fats, slow absorption carbohydrates will make you get the glucose for a few hours and sometimes not a few.
You have to make several measurements or use the MCG to see more or less what lasts to you.
To me the barbecue pizzas of the domino and telepizza I love it, because I set so much to takeI avoid problems, because before it was without living to carry good control with them.
Much encouragement and do not hopeful, you have to catch the trick to this and already this.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/15/2015 3:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks Jconegar

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/15/2015 8:16 p.m.

Hello.With respect to all this and since I am new, I would like to ask them ... how long does the effect of rapid insulin (Humalog) last?I say this because my son, who is the one who suffers from diabetes, at two hours of breakfast has the levels well or half well, but from there it goes down until it reaches three and a half hours or four to have low blood glucose.I think it is due to the Lantus, but nevertheless that only happens in the morning and not in the afternoon (it would also fall if the dose of slow were excessive, right?).
Anyway we are made a mess, it had been well weeks and has decompensations again.We do not understand.Clarify that my son debuted two months ago, which makes us in a constant stress every day pending glycemia controls.
Thank you

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
12/16/2015 5:48 p.m.

Juanmaru said:
Hello.With respect to all this and since I am new, I would like to ask them ... how long does the effect of rapid insulin (Humalog) last?I say this because my son, who is the one who suffers from diabetes, at two hours of breakfast has the levels well or half well, but from there it goes down until it reaches three and a half hours or four to have low blood glucose.I think it is due to the Lantus, but nevertheless that only happens in the morning and not in the afternoon (it would also fall if the dose of slow were excessive, right?).
Anyway we are made a mess, it had been well weeks and has decompensations again.We do not understand.Clarify that my son debuted two months ago, which makes us in a constant stress every day pending glycemia controls.
Thank you

Fast insulin hard as a maximum of 2 hours, so the descent you comment can not be because of the Humalog.As much as they say that the Lantus has no peak and that it is released in a homogeneous way, it is not true, in practice it is normal that in the hours closest to the injection more is released.
In the case of my girl (and many others) the difference was such that in the first 6 or 7 hours he went down after descent, and then began to have a rise after climb.The solution was to divide the dose into 2, and put the lantus every 12h.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
12/16/2015 5:59 p.m.

@Juanmaroru The duration of rapid insulin varies a little person to person.In principle the maximum action of action is usually over the hour and a half and and may last up to 3 or 4 hours.Obviously, at 3 hours its effect is already quite lower.I would also like to say that in my experience, more doses, more hard time.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/16/2015 7:12 p.m.

Thanks for your comments to both.

Juanmaroru
12/16/2015 9:23 p.m.

@JuanMaru, you can fix it by giving him something in the middle of the morning.
Try what may come well, some cookies and a cheese?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2015 9:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@Juanmaru, you can fix it by giving something in the middle of the morning.
Try what may come well, some cookies and a cheese?

Thank you.The fact is that as now in school they have recess so late, at 12, it may be too much time without eating.
We will try.
Thank you

Juanmaroru
12/16/2015 9:37 p.m.

mirleft said:
thanks fer,

It happens to me with the chickpeas and lentils that I. Produce Hip as the hour and a half of eating it, maybe I could come well to click on Malaga or legs, what do you put it just before eating?All the best

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/09/2021 7:57 p.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22

Changing the area can help you something, but I think not much and it is not the problem.Chickpeas, lentils and beans enter their carbohydrates very slowly because of the protein and fat they contain.That makes them ideal and very healthy.But for us with diabetes they complicate our lives.

At first I stopped taking them because I was complicated and I was always wrong.I have tried these options.If you can best puncture according to the amount that you eat, even be somewhat short, and take a long walk after taking them.That has always worked for me.I do not recommend them for dinner!If you can't walk later, I have tried to put half of the insulin before eating and the other in half an hour of eating.That has sometimes worked and sometimes not!

But as I have the sensor I have returned to take them regularly, only in the food, and you only have to be aware that they enter very slowly and look at glycemia (the sensor) with more attention for possible corrections.

Everyone has to try how they work in your body.If they cause you hiccups, it is clear that it is preferable that you put less insulin and then adjustments.If you walk, you replace insulin, but you have to see how you are and put some correction, but not before two hours.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/10/2021 1:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much, I have tried tbn to put it at the end of eating, the only thing that produces a peak that I usually arrive 180, 190, and then it keeps me well ... the unique is the peak that, quw is not very big I think I think

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/10/2021 1:23 p.m.

Sugarsugar

It is not a very high peak.If it is only a temporary peak and then gradually return blood glucose to reasonable values ​​I think you have taken the measure to legumes!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/10/2021 1:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.