Donate blood by type 1?

Andresito's profile photo   12/16/2015 9:26 p.m.

Hello, can you donate blood having type 1 diabetes?I am 19 years old and I have it 6 months ago.

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
12/16/2015 9:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, either with many other things ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2015 9:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A couple of months ago I went to the Red Cross bus, none knew how to give me a medical reason.

I am much healthier than many people who are going to donate, but if they do not want my blood that I do not cry that there is no, I am a universal donor.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/16/2015 9:56 p.m.

I donated once or twice a year (once I got to donate plasma) until I had diabetes.They told me that I couldn't continue donating and the truth is that I don't know why

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2015 10:01 p.m.

You can't ask why, but they don't allow us to donate blood.They gave me an explanation that I remember their relatives "not because you are not healthy."I remembered my whole family, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I do sports and having good blood glucose because no?Because no and point and end.I have tried several times and always the same.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 11:36 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I imagine that it will be if we get dizzy or give us a hiccup or ..
They gave me a cocacola and a skewer after donating .. and one day they made me such a pickle in my arm, with a tremendous spill, that I did not return.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2015 midnight

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, there should be no medical reason because in the US it can be donated as type 1 diabetic if you are controlled and you have not used insulins of bovine origin since 1980 (this is rather because of crazy cows)

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/17/2015 12:54 a.m.

Inday said:
Well there should notGood for crazy cows)

It is definitely a country in which being diabetic is much more dignified, every thing related to the diabetes that Leo makes it better there than here.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/17/2015 12:56 a.m.

In Spain we are rare bichitos and treat us for some things as if we were a glass and we could not do anything that we are breaking (they do not admit us in private insurance, they tend us for many jobs, even to be a saleswoman of the English court ...) But incomprehensibly for others require us as others (the fact that they do not recognize any disabilities), or we are of glass or we are not that they agree !!
In the US, diabetes is much more normalized as there is a higher percentage of diabetics, Todode Type I beach, than in Spain

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/18/2015 2:04 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I spent 8 years in administration of the English Court hiding that it was diabetic passing the analyzes every year.I find out what you say.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/18/2015 8:37 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

If and then they tell us, tell me, do not hide it, that it is no shame, you have not chosen it ... Of course it is no vergúnza, it would be missing but that as you tell it, work you do not eat a thread (aboutAll in private companies and public in some do not admit you), it is a truth like a temple

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/18/2015 8:46 p.m.

Well, I was working for two years in the English Court and the truth is that I did not hide it, 15 years ago, but we did not have an idea that I should hide ... would it be for that reason that they did not make me fixed?

@Gala what reason you are !!I have had to endure and listen to my boss (not from the English Court) to recover the hours that I miss when I stopped for a hiccup!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/18/2015 10:22 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Man seems good to me to send me a lost time.I don't want any privilege.But I don't want any prejudice to perform any work by carrying out completely controlled diabetes.The first one that would reject a job that was not able to perform or was incompatible with my illness, would be me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/18/2015 10:44 p.m.

@Carlos71 Well, that myself did, resign!Still being unemployed with which he is falling, prioritize my health.The stress ate and had much of the fault of the lack of control that I had, I believe that my endo was more than I left that he left him haha.

But come on, we are leaving the subject ... that if I have to recover hours for something that touches, without problems, but equality in everything.
That they do not ask me later, overtime, or waste time in my hours of eating or out of time in meetings, boards or weekends conventions running from here to there.

Maybe I put the comment without clarifying, and for the previous comments of the distinctions they do both positive and negative with people who have diabetes.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/18/2015 11:32 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater Well, I don't know if it would be for that or not, but a friend made the instance and at the bottom, in small letter he put on: refrain from chronic patients and in parenthesis he put diabetes and other diseases more, that of course I stayed aloneWith mine saying jolin and what will it have to do for this?But of course, I imagine that it will be because of the issue that if we miss more than the others to go to the doctor ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/19/2015 12:47 a.m.

I or hid it or had no job.Now you know that it is not that I do not hide it but that I spread it at the 4 winds.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/19/2015 3:53 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

That is why there should be medical consultations in the afternoon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/19/2015 4:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.