According to glycosilada it is equivalent to the average in mg/dl.

Ramón2's profile photo   12/16/2015 11:17 p.m.

I have found something interesting that maybe it is already in the forum, since according to glycosilada it is equivalent to the average in mg/dl to make us better the idea.

Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) and blood glycemia [edit]
HBA1C hemoglobin table

Normal values: 5% - 6%

Approximate calculation between glucosylated hemoglobin and an average of fasting glycemia.
Mean glycemias glycosylated hemoglobin.
80 mg/dl - 120 mg/dl 5% - 6%
120 mg/dl - 150 mg/dl 6% - 7%
150 mg/dl - 180 mg/dl 7% - 8%
180 mg/dl - 210 mg/dl 8% - 9%
210 mg/dl - 240 mg/dl 9% - 10%
240 mg/dl - 270 mg/dl 10% - 11%
270 mg/dl - 300 mg/dl 11% - 12%
300 mg/dl - 330 mg/dl 12% - 13%
etcetc

According to this, a person who has 7% glycosylated means that he has had an average of 150 mg/dl in the last 2 or 3 months.This data is also interesting to check if glucometers have marked a half of those figures.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 11:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it works quite well if you do at least 6 controls a day.
Not only on an empty stomach ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2015 12:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It would also be interesting that in the analyzes they gave us the average result in mg/dl, because thanks to these tables we can know, if not 7% ​​or 6%, I would have no idea how much I would be equivalent.
What is not clear to me, is what puts up, that glycosilada is the average on an empty stomach, I think it has to be the average of the whole day with its ups and downs, I suppose, I do not know.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/17/2015 12:21 a.m.

Yes, it is the average of glucose. The glucometers give the average of the month. With that, it is worth.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2015 12:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
yes, it is the average glucose. The glucometers give the average of the month. With that, okay.

Very interesting, I didn't know, thank you very much.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/17/2015 12:32 a.m.

In the midst of those 6, 8 or 10 daily glucose controls, so many things happen that more or less the glucometer can give you an estimate to get an idea, but it will not be very precise compared to that of a continuous meter (which are not completely exact).

By the way, glycosylated Hemo is the average of 3 months, but not all have the same weight, the last month is 50% of the "note."
Here they explain very well: Link

And that of a normal hemoglobin, care.Up to 5.6 is considered a totally healthy person, from 5.7 to 6.4 prediabetes, and 6.5 or more diabetes are considered.
Explanation: www.diabetes.org/es/informacion-basica-de-la-diabetes/diagnostico.html
Prediabetes Info (English): Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/17/2015 1:08 a.m.

@Arotorias very good note.I am prediabetic !!!!!What a joy you just gave me !!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/17/2015 1:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

hahaha!!If pills or insulin are used, it is not worth ... hahaha

In the last analysis I did recently I was a healthy person ... "Hey and that back mark ?:-?"Me: "Well, a mosquito stung:>" It was the Dexcom sensor hole that leaves you to take it off ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/17/2015 1:46 a.m.

I didn't know this, hey thanks, the truth is that you've made my day, hehehe ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/17/2015 9:53 a.m.

With these data: I am diabetics, to see if at the end of January it has already passed.I would settle for being prediabetic :)) :)););)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/17/2015 10:13 a.m.

Here more information about hba1c, Link of the list: //www.diabetesforo.com/discusion/10971/la-nemia-distorsiona-el-hba1c

fer's profile photo
fer
12/17/2015 11:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

artories said:
hahaha!If pills or insulin are used, it is not worth ... hahaha

In the last analysis I did recently I was a healthy person ... "Hey and that back mark ?:-?"Me: "Well, a mosquito stung: & GT;" was the Dexcom sensor hole that leaves you to take it off ...

>
That's right, with pills or insulin is not valid.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/18/2015 1:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.