Father with diabetes with non -common behaviors

JuanJose's profile photo   12/17/2015 7:24 a.m.

Hello,

I am worried because my father is diabetic, he is 81 years old, he is injected once in the morning, before each meal and then every night he lies to sleep, and in the middle of the night he wakes up goes to the kitchen he injected and eats somethingAnd he sits in a chair and after a while, sleeping in the chair, stops and goes to bed.

Only sugar is measured in the morning.I have told him to measure it at night also to know how many units inject but he tells me that he knows what he does, that the body tells him what to do.The truth as I am not diabetic I do not know how to contradict it and if this is fine.

That is why I ask for help of how to face this situation.

Am I wrong?

Is it normal for a diabetic to stop in the middle of his dream or night to eat and re -inject?

Tell me what information they need, I find out and let them know.

JuanJose's profile photo
JuanJose
12/17/2015 7:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see all we do so strange ever.It is not normal but as long as he knows that he has to put insulin

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/17/2015 10:08 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

He will feel that he is low, then he will eat too much and put insulin.Tell him to put a juice on the table and drink it if he feels low, that it will be enough to climb and he will not need to put insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/18/2015 12:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would tell you to be measured before or after dinner.Even if you know a lot.

Dori's profile photo
Dori
12/18/2015 6:47 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

I have been diabetic and although I know myself very well, I also tell you that the best way to know how you are measuring glucose.Especially when making decisions.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/18/2015 8:50 p.m.

@Jconegar, the problem is that my father has 81, he is hypertensive, he has a double bypass, he already gave him a heart attack that killed him a third of the heart, since due to the diabetes he does not place it.A couple of months ago, under those same conditions, and because I was half asleep, more units were injected than it should, and we passed a scare.Considering all that profile, he is only measured in the morning.

He is a little over 20 years old with diabetes and a little more than 8 injected.I will find out how many units and let them know.

JuanJose's profile photo
JuanJose
12/19/2015 2:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.