Reactive hypoglycemia.

BanHop's profile photo   09/04/2014 10:20 a.m.

Good, I am going to do 6 years with type I diabetes (I'm 32 years old).I don't know why it came to me, like most people.Well, a few months ago, coincidences of fate, my girlfriend began to feel bad as if I had a descent, thank God that I am diabetic, because I could take sugar, 32 at that time.

Ale, another diabetic, I thought, it's already bad luck and chance.

Anyway, he went to test and told him that he had no diabetes, I do not know whether to discard or through medical tests, they told him that he had reactive hypoglycemia.And what is that?Well, the same as my pancreas does not work, because he passes.That is, that if you swell to eat or take many sugars, because they give it down because it generates more insulin than you should.

And now I ask you some questions.Luckily it does not happen very often, but when it happens it is a suffering that you do not see me, I take and if it goes down, then like anything, she does not.The last time 2 hours trying to get him up.They told us to take slow mixed hydrates with fast.Sometimes it works sometimes not.For example, the last time, I had 45, cookies were taken and a juice, at 10 minutes 80, and I said, solved, at 5 minutes he said, I feel bad again, suddenly 37 and so we spent 2 hours.It ended up burst.

Do you know that it can be effective in those cases to take?Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/04/2014 10:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maybe the glucagon is good.It can be put with insulin syringe and low dose ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 12:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Puff but if you take a direct sugar, she hits him a bounce of noses, as glycogon takes a chungazo.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/04/2014 6:10 p.m.

I do not know, because the glucose of the glucagon comes from the liver, not from the pancreas .., ask the doctor ..
Try a little juice ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 7:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My mother for years has had very strange crises very late in the afternoon ... like 2 or 3 per year and generally coinciding with the heat months.
He has gone through enough doctors and less "bad eye" have given him all sensible and foolish diagnoses.
They are crisis that most of the time they spontaneously refer between 10 and 30 minutes, enough that when they arrive at the hospital they find nothing or even taking it to the hospital when it arrives is well and my parents turn around.
The diagnosis that seemed to have more accurate signs was anxiety crisis and thus the years passed.
Being already a diabetic we were this year to prunsugar...
I gave him a gluc up and he replied and there was the thing, but I was bothered to think from time to time like a stone in the shoe.
In case the flies made them take my parents on top of Gluc Up and there was the thing and recently had another crisis of theirs but this time my father plug him in the envelope and in 10 minutes he had completely replaced and as he saidIt was better than at the beginning.
The description that my father and his story made is that of a hip of regulation.
So it is reactive hypoglycemia
I have left you an analyzer of those I have left over so that next time my father analyzes him above all to confirm.
In what I have been studying reactive hypoglycemia has two causes:
1) Pancreas insulin overementation, they are the worst since the pancreas segregates more insulin than it owes sporadically, after a meal above all, and the effect is to prick you an excessive dose of insulin with little food and I thinkthat all insulin -dependent we know what is going.
The effect lasts a couple of hours until the body takes out the insulin that is in excess and is the one that needs more glucose and more repeated doses to trace.
The guideline is giving glucose in a dose of 15 grams so that the amiline does not enter (the amiline enters with 30 gr of sugar and brakes the glucose absorption of the digestive tract to the blood) so that it remains, repeating the doses untilThe process is over
2) Lack of glucagon secretion, it is the softest since the liver awaits the order of glucagon to get glucose to the circulation and the order does not arrive and there you have it ... Looking at the musarañas while the blood glucose falls apart.
Recomes with a dose of glucose and then slow.
It is definitely not diabetes and since what we ignore about the functioning of the pancreas seems to be more than we know, because everything is said.
There is no coherent preventive treatment and to which it happens to carry gluc up or similar and when one begins with sweats, tremors, laziness, etc. plug
If it is repeated, I will look for this thread and if my father analyzes it, I will put the data

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/04/2014 8:45 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Thank you very much for your answer

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/05/2014 4:24 a.m.

The theme of "hypoglycemia" in healthy and non -diabetic people is quite thorny (the hypoglycems of severely ill people, with terminal cancers, or very evolved nerve anorexias, or with severe liver failure, they are a totally separate chapter)

To guide the case, a complete and detailed medical history should be made.The "hypoglycemia" are fasting?Immediate postprandials?Late postprandials?The person has a family history of type 2 diabetes?Personal history of interventions in the digestive system?The person is overweight or obesity?The person takes a drug or drugs for another reason?Do you have any disease to stand out?

It is possible to find glycemia of 60 or less in healthy people (up to 45), totally asymptomatic, and have no significance.I understand that this may seem shocking from the point of view of the person who knows the type 1 diabetes close.

Regarding the rest of the cases, with low glycemia values, it can be a totally benign disorder (reactive hypoglycemia, most cases, fortunately), to be feet hypoglycemia (in a non -negligible number of cases) or to an insulinoma(The less), a normally benign tumor that secret insulin and causes hypoglycemia.When there are doubts, the only way to diagnose the case is with the 72 -hour fast test.As the name implies, the patient is admitted and without eating (only water or sugar infusions) and if at any time he has the symptoms, a capillary blood glucose is performed, which will only be considered significant hypoglycemia if it is less than 40 mg/dl.Then venous blood is extracted in which glycemia, insulin, C peptide and sulfonylureas are determined.If hypoglycemia is confirmed in high insulin and low C peptide, everything points to exogenous (and hidden) administration of insulin.If there is high insulin and high C peptide, there are "endogenous hyperinsulinism", which can be due to sulfonylureas intake (again factory) or because the patient has an insulinoma (and there the analysis of sulfonylureas comes into play).If the suspicion of insulinoma is biochemically confirmed, then tests must be done to try to locate the possible insulinoma (which can become very difficult).

If during the 72 hours, at no time there are symptoms or hypoglycemia, you can stay calm, because there is no worrying background disorder, and the test is terminated.

For reactive hypoglycemia, which are considered functional and benign, we must not try to treat them as if it were a patient with diabetes in treatment with insulin or obsess in "tracing it" looking at hair glycems every time, but trying to prevent them (which I understand that I understand thatIt may seem shocking if you have diabetes and you are used to dealing with your hypoglycemia).If the person is hungry, who eats (they usually have a feeling of hunger).It is recommended to fraction the diet as much as possible and reduce the amount of rapid absorption carbohydrates, and with this I do not want to say "simple carbohydrates", since as many you know, foods such as white bread, some rice and non -integral pasteThey can be of super fast absorption (even if they contain complex starches).With dietary measures, most cases improve.

Above all tranquility: no one has had serious consequences for reactive hypoglycemia (neither coma, nor brain sequelae, nor death).

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/22/2018 6:03 p.m.

Well, I was hearing the forum because lately, it is what happens to me.A few months ago the opposite happened to me, desire to urinate constant ... the typical.They sent me analytical in January and my glycosilada was perfect, 5.0%.At that time I noticed a lot of hunger.As a feeling of not having eaten 2 days ago.I had glucose peaks but since glycosilada was fine, we didn't give it a lot. Importance ... even thus my doctor scheduled another analysis for 3 months later.
Well, the months have been spending without more concern until a couple of weeks ago I started with these constant downs.
One of the times I gave me I went to the emergency room.I got scared, really.I was 48. When I arrived in the Emergencies to 61 and there I already went up to 85, they sent me home with the recommendation that my doctor derives the endocrine and they did thyroid, pancreas tests and I don't know what else.
Now I carry a sensor and warn me (although you notice it perfectly) of a descent.I go back to eat something.But with an eye.Because as I take a cocacola, for example, it gives me a bouncing of the fuck.I put myself at 190 +/- and then under again at 60 fast.
All this is a complex world.

I have the analysis on the 16th and the visit for the result on 19.

Fercomi's profile photo
Fercomi
04/13/2024 11:59 a.m.

Gracias,
Un saludo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.