The very high potassium level in blood, due to diabetes?

ajd's profile photo   12/30/2014 12:58 p.m.

Hello everyone.In my last analytical of December 17 I have left the level of blood potassium of 6.1 with what is considered a problem because it is dangerous from 5. This did not happen to me for years when I also had it high and they put meSeguril (diuretic to urinate) and they entered me, they made me a multitude of tests and they didn't know how to tell me why this happened to me only that they thought something had to do with diabetes.They did not tell me that it was anything of the diet, neither the exercise nor another possible explanation only that because it was diabetic of many years of evolution they had to control it.
Now it happens to me again and I don't know why and I would like to know if someone from the forum has heard something similar before.
Thank you so much.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/30/2014 12:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I had never heard it ... seeing if anyone knows anything .., if the other ions are fine, it will not be difficult to correct it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/31/2014 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

How curious ... I was in the analytics a little less than a year ago he gave me a tad over the limit, but they did not give importance (and I thought I had eaten many bananas in the Canary Islands).Since then not as banana for that: D

In the last analytics I have it tall but within the limit, I don't know how to tell you.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
12/31/2014 12:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

There are endocrine disorders of the adrenal, which alter the absorption-excretion of sodium and potassium.I imagine that they will have studied it if you have reached 6, I can also think of any renal problem of excretion of potassium independent of the first.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/01/2015 8:10 p.m.

Hello everyone and thanks for answering.
A few years ago they tested if it was liver failure but found nothing;In fact they did not find explanation to the rise in blood potassium, right now I do not know if they will do any test or not, I say that it will depend on the following analytics.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
01/02/2015 10:09 a.m.

In the message above I wanted to say non -hepatic renal failure.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
01/05/2015 10:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.