Thanks to his research and work for the cure of the diabetic foot through the use of Nanotechnology, the Tessy María López Goerne Guanajuato received the Twas Award from the World Academy of Sciences.

The Twas Award (The World Academy Science) is awarded to members of the scientific community that stand out for their contributions throughout their career, for which it is divided into nine different categories.

"I feel very happy, I didn't expect it because I had competed two years ago and won a Chinese, so I didn't expect it," said the doctor in a telephone interview with AM.

The award was awarded as a result of the research work in which he found a nanoparticle that is born in the bacteria of a diabetic foot and then explained the academic, regenerates the limb from the tissue, the muscle and the skin.

He explained that they have currently cured 150 patients from the National Diabetes Hospital and the General Hospital of Mexico.

The short -term goal is to serve 150 more in the state of Guanajuato, where an agreement is worked to start working in 10 health centers of the entity.

"It's more than enough to demonstrate that the nanoparticles we use really serve, so that's why they gave me the prize," said Tesy María.

“Depending on the progress it is a question from a week to nine months.It is a salvation, I have always said that the diabetic foot is the principle of death, and when they no longer have to cut their legs, they have another quality of life, they have many things in their favor and in addition to having another quality of life,They treat their foot and have no problems for doctors to decide in the future to cut the other foot and take them to death, ”he said.

“(Patients) these will increase year by year, but it is an increase that will be exponentially.We are always next to them so that they do not have concerns or that they are not afraid, I see all the very happy patients, ”added the scientist.

The research work was carried out over 10 years, plus the 35 that the researcher has dedicated to the study of nanoparticles.

"To all as researchers there is something that motivates us anything, what is motivation? I couldn't say, it's something that comes day by day," said Tesy María.