Hi, I'm Pablo

pmapablin's profile photo   12/29/2015 5:25 a.m.

Good night, I am Pablo, I see that most of the forum is from Spain, I am Argentine.I live in Cordoba, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few weeks ago, I was low, I took a lot of liquid and was very often in the bathroom, I saw blurry, then it is when I decided to go to the doctor.I met the glucose and I was in 270, I was prescribed metformin 850 mg, (half a pill at noon and a half at dinner time) a week I was still the same, with 250. I doubled the medication and tmb remained the same, while I didThe studies, which gave me 100 on an empty stomach, peptide C 0.28 glycosylated hemoglobin 12%, and anti gad ab: 800.2 U/ml.and insulin 2.55 UU/ml.After this they medicate me with insulin 12 units, after these two weeks I fail to maintain normal levels, I have 430 peaks, and not low of 144, which worries me since I am fulfilling the diet, such as what whatI must eat, maybe not in the amounts I owe, because I am very hungry and puts me with bad smoke !!Haha, it is hard for me to handle that, I am a thin person, I am 1.78 and a weight now 70 kg, I do not have almost fat, and I would like to stay like this, I am afraid that insulin makes me fat, today just taking care of me a lot with the foodAnd adding aerobic activity, (I leave the car, I bought a bike) I could be in 83, but I hungry!With optimism and thinking that everything goes through something, in this case this disease will help me organize my life a bit that came quite waked up, in terms of schedules and meals, personal trainer work, and my schedules are disparate, in the morningSometimes I don't work and I like it (I liked the night a lot, with its excess of all kinds, which I will not get used to. Well, I leave a sweet greeting!

pmapablin's profile photo
pmapablin
12/29/2015 5:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Pablo !!Greetings and welcome !!I recommend that you read the forum a lot and look for good references and books where to learn the better about diabetes.Thus, well loaded with data, you can know and evaluate whether the treatment they are offering you is adequate or on the contrary it could be better.I imagine that they will have to complement those 12 insulin units, which I imagine will be slow insulin, with another fast effect before meals to avoid those peaks.Analyze the blood glucose a lot to adjust the doses well.If you put problems with glycemia measurements or tell you that it is not necessary to measure yourself so much, do not satisfy yourself and as far as possible it demands everything you need.The organization will be very good for you, with disparate schedules it is difficult to control diabetes, although once you have many knowledge and helping the current treatments-pumps of insulin, ultralent insulins-life can be much more flexible.In no case do I think it is necessary to kill yourself, if you eat healthy and have knowledge about what you eat, when and how much.Learn a lot, everything you can, to be able to demand the best treatment.A hug!!!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/29/2015 10:17 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

According to everything that @Ainhoa ​​tells you, you have to stop eating hydrates, but to put you fast insulin before each meal.
Type 1 diabetes is treated with two kinds of insulin, a slow as basal (Lantus, which is put once a day) and another fast (Humalog or Novorapid) before meals, calculating rations of hydrates and insulin units.
Do not settle for less, and you will have a glycosilada less than7
The insulin units, both slow and quickly, have to adjust them yourself based on fasting glucose controls and before and after meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2015 2:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Be patient, at first it can be complicated but you will see how you control it very well.Then sometimes it is upset but it is carried and that diabetes does not stop you at all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/30/2015 2:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Welcome to Pablo forum.Personally it has been a great help, I hope you too!!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
12/30/2015 2:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Pablo !!!!We have been with my daughter's diabetes for six months, and I could not believe what they told me here, and it has been true in these months we have learned a lot.So do not overwhelm and any questions you have here will always be someone to help you.Much encouragement !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/30/2015 9:46 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.