Snow diabetes

beti's profile photo   01/18/2015 8:17 p.m.

In February I have been going to ski a few days with some friends. They are all morning, they make a paradita to eat and continue about five. I have two problems: one that does not ski hahaha !!! (I will take a monitor and myrhythm, one day you have to start ...) and another that I have not faced with the bomb.

beti's profile photo
beti
01/18/2015 8:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Basal down .. two units?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/19/2015 2:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @beti, my experience is that it is a fairly exhausting activity, so at the physical level, it will affect you with glucose decline if you do not control well, apart from lowering the basal, you would have to calculate well what you put quickly, and carry sugar, or something you can take where you are.

Another thing, with the cold, it is much more complicated to get blood to see glucose, apart from having to carry it, do you wear a continuous monitor? It can help you a lot.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/19/2015 12:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

On the cold in Spain do not worry, except if you have dexcom that my recommendation is that you do not take it, mine died the first day of skiing.

Basal go down 20% and see controlling ... I don't have to get off anything, it's not anaerobic ... Another thing is the next night.And be careful where you carry the bomb, the last day I took her in the bra on one side, I fell and hurt my rib, the milk was fat ... in Austria ... explains the bomb in German haha ​​haha!

Enjoy that it is very funny

tica's profile photo
tica
01/19/2015 5:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I carry the freestyle ... Let's see how it responds !! thanks for the advice.

beti's profile photo
beti
01/19/2015 10:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.