Why can't I skip the snack?

Marcos_J_M's profile photo   12/30/2015 12:52 p.m.

Hi Compiis !!
Let's see, I start, I make my 5 meals a day and a glass of milk before bedTo snack (many customers in the hairdressing, like something late and I go out with friends and there is no logical place to eat moderately well, etc ...) at dinner time, that is, after 6/7 hours without eating,My glucose is triggered, even having been great at 3/4 hours, which is when I had the snack.And if by chance, I jump it and I'm fine at dinner, after dinner as always, my glucose is triggered.This is very limiting.Please, some enlightened to help me !!!
My endocrine has told me that it may be that the same low and the liver segregue glucose ... but I don't get off ... what can I do?

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
12/30/2015 12:52 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hi @Marcos_J_M, I think it is relatively common that from seven, eight in the afternoon increase insulin resistance and blood glucosemore significant in some seasons than in others.She, having a bomb, controls it by increasing the basal in that section, and thus comes well at dinner and the strong basal also supports the bolus of dinner to cover the intake.With Lantus and Levemir it is something more complicated to ensure that high basal at those determined hours and avoid peaks at other times, but other companer@s will surely know how to do it.When snacks manage to control the climb by the contribution of Rapida, which lasts three hours covers the section to dinner and even helps insulin before dinner to cover the intake.If you do not want to snack but it does not matter to click something fast, it could be the solution... I don't know if I have explained, surely you solve this problem soon.A hug!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/30/2015 1:08 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much Ainhoa.If I have thought about doing it, but I prefer to eat like a turkey and click something, rather than click without eating ... it is very afraid hehe.But it will be the only solution I think.Thank you very much again and see if someone has any other advice

Marcos_J_M
12/30/2015 1:16 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hi @Marcos_J_M, Welcome.!
Tell us what insulins do you use and what time do you put them on.
As @ainhoa ​​tells you, it may be that the basal does not cover you 24 hours.
If it is Lantus and you put it at night, it can be that.
It can be changed in the morning and increase the dose something, to last the24 hours without nocturnal hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2015 1:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you get Lantus at night and there are not many units, in the afternoon it would not be uncommon for your glucose because it does not cover you until dinner time, that's why I started putting on the lantus asobre the 18-19 hours of theafternoon when I have ended the effect of the rapid of food but as we always say, each person and their routines are a different world ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/30/2015 1:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good Regina.Use currently 12 units.I inject at 23
Then I use Novorapid 7 (breakfast), 6 (lunch), 7 (snack) and 5 (dinner).At the same time more or less.Thank you very much again @regina

Marcos_J_M
12/30/2015 1:47 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @sigsauer to see what my endocrine thinks ... because honestly, if I could skip my snack sporadically I would be great ... Damn Spanish schedules xD

Marcos_J_M
12/30/2015 1:49 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Your endocrine will tell you that you do what is best for your best control and the schedules you have in your life.He/ she works from 08:00 to 3:00 p.m.The Lantus can be put at the time that comes best to be within the objectives, tomorrow, noon, afternoon or night.I have tried all and the one that goes best with the schedules I have now is the afternoon but I do not rule out change again if they change my job ...

I just read the Levemir.The theoretically lasting less hours than the Lantus so if Lantus does not last 24 hours, let's let him be less and with 12u that are quite few, even less.People usually put it in 2 batches but that will have to tell you your doctor

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/30/2015 2:03 p.m.

@Marcos_J_M, I put the slow at night and it does not cover me 24h.If, as one, it, or not, I have to quickly get around five and Mephia.If at half past three I do not need to get quickly and not melting.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/30/2015 2:06 p.m.

@Marcos_J_M, my daughter also used Levemir PQ the lantus made beastly peaks, but the lesson has a lower duration, and usually has to get twice.You could comment with your endocrine the possibility of reinforcing it with a second dose of less than the morning, or at the time of food.Anyway @Sigsauer is right that you will know your rhythms and needs much more precision than your endocrine, that hopefully is an eminence.EITHER:-)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/30/2015 2:11 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

UAU.Thank you all ...
It will be a matter of trying, since I will have been playing only with the slow one based on the night hypos that it has ... it is something standard, and the strong support gives me the quick ... I will tell all this to my endocrine,Or in day unit ... Let's see if they give me a joy of the New Year hehe.Thank you very much to everyone ... I don't know how I have taken so long without registering in this family ... Muakas

Marcos_J_M
12/30/2015 2:20 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.