{'en': 'Does Social Security have to facilitate glucometer to all diabetics?', 'es': '¿la seguridad social tiene que facilitar glucómetro a todos los diabéticos?'} Image

Does Social Security have to facilitate glucometer to all diabetics?

Ramón2's profile photo   01/02/2016 12:57 a.m.

Hello everyone!

Today I have been with relatives who are also diabetic and they have told me that social security would have to provide a glucometer, apart from that it has been surprised that the family doctor has not referred to the endocrine.

The glucometer I do not know if it is for everyone, or only in some cases.Does anyone know?

My mother was facilitated, but I always thought it was because she is a pensioner, she also has type 2.

Let's see what you think have to facilitate the glucometer or if it is only in certain cases.

Greetings to all.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/02/2016 12:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my health center to type 2 diabetics they do not provide glucometer have to go several times a month to their nurse and the treatment doctor.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/02/2016 9:35 a.m.

Before they also gave it to type 2, now in most communities they no longer do.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/02/2016 10:43 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

What does not prescribe a type 2 diabetic are the strips ,,,It is type 2, if your head doctor is trustworthHidden XD

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
01/02/2016 11:02 a.m.

My mother does not live with me, belongs to another area and another outpatient, but to the same community of Madrid, she facilitates everything, strips, lancetas, the nurse gives it when it is needed.It has type 2.
But he has not told me anything, or to go to the nurse several times a month.Only in 3 months other analyzes and seems little control.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2016 2:46 p.m.

xavi79 said:
which do not prescribe a type 2 diabetic are the strips ,,,,, the glucomeum they give it to it just just call one of the companies of those glucometers, I callAbbot and they gave me a glucometer for me and my mother, who is of type 2, if your head doctor is trustworthBoth ... yes, they give me hidden xD
I could have told me the doctor, but he didn't tell me anything.I suppose to call one of those companies, the report will have to be submitted.To me it did not give me a report, only that in the next analysis I put diabetes mellitus type 2. The next time I go to the doctor I will tell.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2016 2:52 p.m.

ramón2 said:

That goes ... None report ,,, if they are interested in selling the strips that are where they get pasta ... because they are charity of any company ... your flame and tell them that you need a glucometer that you are diabetic,, they don't care ... and that your head doctor prescribes your strips

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
01/03/2016 3:15 p.m.

I bought this
Link
And it is going well in addition to very economical.The endocrine says that it is not necessary for type 2 but I like to verify blood glucose a couple of times a week

Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado's profile photo
Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado
01/03/2016 5:09 p.m.

hugoglezp said:
I bought this
Link ;id=220903935762&
And it is going well in addition to very economical.The endocrine says that it is not necessary for type 2 but I like to verify blood glucose a couple of times a week

I do not know translated to euros how much it costs, for buying the device there is no problem, the more problem the strips and lancetas that are normally faces will be.I have to have a reliable one, because I am very clueless like that.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/04/2016 12:11 a.m.

The device is reliable.More or less one hundred strips 15 euros.100 lancet 15 euros and the device also over 15 euros.You have to put that you are diabetic and do not charge you.

Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado
01/04/2016 10:10 a.m.

Let us know that I have nothing to do with the company I do not take anything ☺

Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado
01/04/2016 10:10 a.m.

Hugoglezp said:
The device is reliable.More or less one hundred strips 15 euros.100 lancet 15 euros and the device also over 15 euros.You have to put that you are diabetic and do not charge you.

Well, it's cheap, and the strips too.My mother's I don't remember how much he told me, but I think the strips were much more expensive, the lancetas if I no longer know.Thanks for the information.Let's see if I tell my doctor and if not, I will opt for this one that you tell me, it is quite well and 100 strips would last me a lot.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/05/2016 10:25 p.m.

ramón2 said:
hello everyone;Today I have been with relatives who are also diabetic and they have told me that social security would have to provide a glucometer, apart from that it has been surprised that the family doctor has not referred to the endocrine.
The glucometer I do not know if it is for everyone, or only in some cases.
To my mother if they facilitated it, but I always thought it was because she is a pensioner, she also has type 2. Let's see what you think they have to facilitate the glucometer or if it is only in certain cases.Greetings to all.

Regarding the glucometers (capillary glucose meters), these are not funded by Social Security, they are facilitated by pharmaceutical laboratories, in exchange for ensuring a client for #tarasreactivas, since each brand and in most casesThey need some specific, only some models of lifescan -netouch, use the #ultra, for several models.
Of course, the strips are financed by Social Security, but it seems that it depends on the Ministry/Counseling, on each autonomous community, I reside in the Valencian, and on this subject only type I and gestational are included, type II mustTo go periodically to the nursing consultation / D.U.E., to be controlled, I do not say that in cases of type II, that they put basal / slow insulin, they are not facilitated and their strips are prescribed, but they are few, due to theCutts, simply and plain, in addition many people of type II, over weight, is the only way to be moderately controlled, because they are weighed, they are taken the tension, high cholesterol control, etc.
The diabetes educator can also inform you.

Saorovp's profile photo
Saorovp
03/12/2016 12:34 p.m.

Dear friends:
Any laboratory is willing to give you the meter, you do not see that the business is in consumables, lancetas, strips, etc.
Call 900 100 117 (Contour) and ask for one, the most normal thing is to send you the contour Next One.
Call 900 301 334 (Menarini) and will send you the Glucomen Areo 2 K
Look on the Internet the ACCU-Chek and Free Style phones and look at the ones they have.
A advice exaggerate a little.
All the best

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
04/12/2017 9:28 p.m.

I am type 2 and in Madrid my doctor did not mention glucometer, only analysis every three months because I am not well controlled with the pills.
As I wanted to know what happened I bought Bayer's contour in the pharmacy.The fact is that it cost me 18 euros and came with 10 strips, 10 lancetas and another 25 strips 'gift'.The strips bought them on Amazon for 39 euros 50 strips.So the glucometer comes out for free.But the strips are very expensive.
I will look at this other model that you have commented because it seems cheaper.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
04/14/2017 4:47 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Hello, as you have said some of you, the glucometers are not financed by Social Security, the strips if, but the glycometers manufacturers, manufacture the strips and are interestedNursing consultations too, that if, you must be diabetic no matter if you are type1 or 2, with respect to glucometers, today the technology they use is very good and quite reliable, it does not matter the other, the variations of measurement areMore or less in 2% margin of error, it varies that if, in the functions, some carry graphs, alarmarms for hyper and hypoglycemia, which some are more complete than others, in that also the price is also going, I hope it is useful myComment, greeting to all.

Rasputin7's profile photo
Rasputin7
04/17/2017 11:04 a.m.

Diabetico tipo 2, año 94
lantus 54- 40 novorapid, 24-20-16
ahora, Tresiba degludec 50u

ramón2 said:
hugoglezp said:
the device is reliable.More or less one hundred strips 15 euros.100 lancet 15 euros and the device also over 15 euros.You have to put that you are diabetic and do not charge you.

Well, it's cheap, and the strips too.My mother's I don't remember how much he told me, but I think the strips were much more expensive, the lancetas if I no longer know.Thanks for the information.Let's see if I tell my doctor and if not, I will opt for this one that you tell me, it is quite well and 100 strips would last me a lot.

They gave me glucometer but the strips are so expensive that passing from those prices, I bought that meter and strips.I buy from the pull 200 strips, the expiration date usually put it long and I make all the measures that I want because I am more comfortable I am measuring me quite and calmer no matter how much your doctor says than type 2 do notThey need, if you do not know how it affects your glucose levels many things that you take because you can not correct it either and over time it can further affect health, so it seems to me that it is a good investment, it is well in price, thereliability is good.I fuck the Brexit that we will see how it affects and if in the end I will not have to be commissioning my brother to buy them ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/18/2017 1:49 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Good morning, I have had an appointment with my endocrine and have prescribed my strips and they have given me a new comparison glucometer, the strips cost me 100 less than € 3, the truth is that I am very happy, although I complained and it was alreadyWhen I wonder if I had not prescribed my strips.Two and a half years later, gentlemen.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/12/2017 9:46 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

They gave me Abbott's phone because they were not in the SS glucometers and in Madrid they gave me another to have one at home and another at work.
I am Type 1 with 200 strips a month in my record and they only give me 100 begging and thanks to that I carry a sensor ... so with those that did not medan could give them to a type 2 ... are already worth them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2017 3:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Here they give glucometer, strips and needles to all diabetics are the type.Of course, fighting the amount of strips and needles, which seems to think we click for pleasure.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
09/04/2018 1:53 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.