Implanted to a child the first "artificial pancreas" (continuous infusion bomb) of the world

INTRUSA's profile photo   01/22/2015 5:30 p.m.

Let's see how this evolves, at least, there are advances ...

Link

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/22/2015 5:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I think Medtronic deserves an outstanding marketing, because they have made this news in the world and have published it as is.It seems that nobody has encouraged to inform themselves a bit.And refers "only" to a new insulin pump model;The Medtronic 640G, which as a novelty is predictive, and interrupts the infusion before reaching hypoglycemia if the figures it receives from the continuous meter that has been connected indicate a fall below certain levels.And restores the infusion of again past hypoglycemia.That's all.If that is called artificial pancreas, I don't know ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/22/2015 11:19 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

My "educator" nurse also calls that artificial pancreas ...: -s

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/23/2015 7:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Man, because I think it would be the closest thing to an artificial pancreas.It is true that personally, I have not informed myself at all, but it seemed interesting that although it is not an artificial pancreas as such, it is an advance.I am clear after my years of evolution that in a medium-long term, we will not have a cure for diabetes, with what I am satisfied with at least the advances that are coming to us.Since I am not going to cure, at least, that the way to carry my illness is more comfortable.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/23/2015 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

It is a small advance but calling it artificial pancreas is to pass 4 villages.What will they call the 670G model to take the Minimed planning in 2017 that I attached under?Simply a pump with a closed system when that will be closer to the behavior of a pancreas?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/23/2015 11:30 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am with Sherpa41.An artificial pancreas (by the way, name that I do not like anything, since our pancreas works, and the only thing it does not already manufacture insulin) is not what is being advertised in the media (never better said about "advertising").This is a continuous insulin infusion bomb associated with a continuous meter and that thanks to it, can disconnect the infusion to certain glycemic curve patterns that teat towards the hypo.And resume when safety values ​​are achieved.It is an improvement, but for me it is nothing on the other Thursday, because the continuous measurement sensors have been, and precisely Medtronic is the only company that manufactures things (bomb and sensor) and could have implemented this functionality long ago.By the way, functionality that must be put a little in quotes, because we return to an old debate: to completely trust an interstitial sensor to make therapeutic decisions.If today no manufacturer of these sensors dares to tell you that you dispense with capillary measurement in certain situations ... It is safe to blind that a continuous measurement sensor (and is not precisely the most accurate, according to comparativesWhat have been made among the existing ones) make steps in our insulin guideline?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/23/2015 3:02 p.m.

I believe that in the techno-diabetic theme there is a total, outdated ignorance.
If they even announced in the press and on the TV of the puppies that detected hypoglycemia!

When in the press give a news that concerns us .... will make 3 or 4 years that we know it.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/23/2015 3:26 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I have modified the title, apology, but I was the head of the news.
As for dogs, I think there is already a topic in the forum about it.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/26/2015 9:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Intruda, all this is not with you.It is great to discuss this news.You have only hit it as is.But the media coverage that has been given and the enormous mistake of calling that artificial pancreas is something we should improve.And that Fede itself has retweeted and spread on its website as it has seen it in other media or press releases ... It has a huge crime.A suspense to that enormous shit of the society that represents us and is supposed to inform us rigorously of the news that comes out of diabetes, not just make a copy-penga of what he sees out there.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/26/2015 10:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.