FALSE FABOTT FREESTYLE READINGS

mirleft's profile photo   01/02/2016 3:34 p.m.

Hello, everyone,
I have used 10 ABBOTT Freestyle sensors for a year now.
A month ago, I got a sensor that failed a lot, giving me very high readings of up to 120 points of difference to the reading of the capillary.So I stopped using it.
This week, I bought a couple of sensors, and today I have put it, but it is failing me a lot: having 210 with reading and 99 in the capillary is too much.Is there anyone else who is happening to him?
You don't have to answer me that the meter measures interstitial glucose and not blood.I know all this roll.

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
01/02/2016 3:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I spend the last sensor.There was three or four days that I am badly and it was the first days.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/02/2016 4:02 p.m.

I think those bastards deceive people.A lot of advertising and marketing "without punctures", but no credibility.
For me, it's over!

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
01/02/2016 6:47 p.m.

The first one came to me this week, and the truth is that I am doing very well these days, values ​​almost nailed to the capillary.But when I tried more I can be more objective.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
01/02/2016 8:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

My experience is that I will start with the fourth sensor and at the moment almost perfect all sets on the back of the arm as they advise from Abbott ... that those who take it for you better have better.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/02/2016 11:55 p.m.

@Mirleft you should call Abbot that they surely send you some free sensors in exchange for the defective ones (they send you some plastic wrappers and a paid frank envelope) are defective sensors and as such, every time one comes out one, striking.With ranting here you will not fix anything.If you get 3 bad and you have to call them 3 times, do it

I have been since they left, just over a year.Until about 4 or 5 sensors, the difference between capillary and free was almost underestimated, but the last ones are always giving me the free levels.They are 25-30 mg/dl differences, the maximum differences have become about 60 mg/dl but when it was very high.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/03/2016 10:52 a.m.

Without counting that the results with the blood glucometer also vary greatly even if you do them in a row, I have given me 2 in a row it has given me results with 25-30 mg of difference between one and the other, I mean that neither is the blood that of the blood is eitherthe panacea ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/03/2016 12:57 p.m.

Joseludi said:
@mirleft you should call Abbot that surely they send you some free sensors in exchange for returning the defective ones (they send you some plastic wrappers and a paid frank envelope)They are defective sensors and as such, every time one comes out, striking.With ranting here you will not fix anything.If you get 3 bad and you have to call them 3 times, do it

I have been since they left, just over a year.Until about 4 or 5 sensors, the difference between capillary and free was almost underestimated, but the last ones are always giving me the free levels.They are 25-30 mg/dl differences, the maximum differences have become about 60 mg/dl but when it was very high.

Thanks Joseludi,
I have written to you by informing them of the problem, to see on Monday that they answer me.
I believe that the last batch has gone wrong.Before I used them, and varied little.But now, it is too much difference.
Maybe too, when buying a couple of them suddenly, instead of buying only one and later another, the defective is sneaking.

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
01/03/2016 2:56 p.m.

I do not know if it is the same as a freestyle glucometer, because with the sensor I do not orient me much.I do not know if this works otherwise or it is the same as any glucometer.
My mother has a freestyle lite glucometer and it seems to me that it is going very badly.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2016 2:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.