Gradual injections

Marcos_J_M's profile photo   01/06/2016 3:59 p.m.

BUENAAAAS !!I hope that the kings have behaved great and that you have all very good controls ...
My question is, it is not the first time, that I go to an event, such as wedding, baptism, birthdays, etc ... and before starting to eat, I already have 170 for example.Well, we continue, Canapes begin to getThe carbohydrates that you have to metabolize ... Anyway, what I do is, before starting, in the 170 I already put two insulin units to correct.When I peak something I am injecting according to the hydrates, when I get the first course the same, and in the second more of the same ... I do not mind pricking 10 times a day, 20 ... it is an automatic "pain",What I would like to know is if I am doing well, if you know any other ways to do it and that you think of my method, which I already say only use sometimes of extreme need.
Greetings to all and blessings.

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/06/2016 3:59 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hi @Marcos_J_M!Man, because the truth is that I think you obviously do it unbeatly well ... It really is what we do with the insulin bomb, and also what the pancreas itself does... The difficulty lies in having the precision and sufficient calculation to determine on the march how much insulin it is necessary for each portion of food and the most important thing, going well so that an excessive accumulation of insulin does not occur and as a consequencean hypo.With the pump we have the great help of the active insulin calculation to overlap doses.In view of that you have a domain of insulin that you need based on what you eat that allows you to do it very well.The pain, as you say, becomes something secondary.But then see successions of high figures in the glucometer, or give up eating what you want when you feel like it.The kings have been good with me so I imagine that I will have been hehehe.A hug!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/06/2016 4:39 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

It doesn't let you relax ..
In long meals, a puncture can be sufficient on the first course and another in the dessert.If you don't get too much, to click some more units at the beginning, it would be worth it.
At two hours you run. And you enjoy the food relaxed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/06/2016 5:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Wow @ainhoa ​​What joy gives me to read you jiji ... Well, the truth is that I already do everything automatic, but of course, there are times that the doubts of ... will I be doing well? ... Will it be harmful? ...
I have raised many times to put on the bomb ... but my endocrine says why?If I am perfect, and that they put it to people who fail to adapt to the feathers ... but of course, then I have seen people who have told them that for the bomb they have to have perfect control and knowledge ...

Marcos_J_M
01/06/2016 5:43 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Very good advice @regina, but I have done that and it turns out that the next dish of no hydrates hahaha ... that stressful ... and now as crazy looking for bread haha ​​... I value each comment.You are the best!: x

Marcos_J_M
01/06/2016 5:46 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

I think it is done perfectly, this year they have been my first Christmas with the free freestyle and I have punctured many times seeing the chocolate nougat at the table (they are my downfall) and I have not passed the 190 mg/dl in all themeals/dinner thing that other years has been impossible to adjust ..
It is also true that in the end you are working as a commercial or great business man or a party party, there are 5 or 6 meals a year that are with which you have to deal with extra punctures ... <:-P

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/06/2016 6:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Go @sigsauer ... I'm glad it is not the only one who does or :-)
I would like to wear it ... but the economy does not allow me ... I hope they finance it soon ... a hug to all

Marcos_J_M
01/06/2016 7:29 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.