{'en': 'Athletes with diabetes ran the Miter Marathó de Granollers 2015', 'es': 'Atletas con diabetes corrieron la Mitja Marató de Granollers 2015'} Image

Athletes with diabetes ran the Miter Marathó de Granollers 2015

fer's profile photo   02/03/2015 12:28 p.m.

It is an initiative of the Diabetes Foundation in which about 50 corridors with diabetes participated in this test to show society that diabetes is not a limitation in the practice of physical exercise.

Regular physical exercise is one of the pillars of diabetes control, prevents type 2 diabetes and contributes to the improvement of control in type 1.

At the initiative of the Diabetes Foundation, and with the collaboration of the company Novo Nordisk, the Diatlétic team, composed of athletes with diabetes from all over Spain, participated in the Mitja Mararató de Granollers, yesterday February 1, showing thatDiabetes is not a limitation in the practice of physical exercise.

The Diabetes Foundation celebrated its 10th anniversary this year participating in this test with Diatlétic, which is why a control device was deployed during the race where the athletes with diabetes were able to perform glycemia tests and take the supplements they could need.These positions were located at the exit, on the arrival and in kilometers 4, 10 and 17.

In addition, due to the great reception that Mitja Mararató de Granollers has always had with the Diatlétic team, and as a sign of the enormous gratitude of the athletics team in particular towards the city of Granollers, the Diabetes Foundation has appointed friends of honor of honor ofFoundation A: Toni Cornellas Aligué, president of the La Mitja Sports Association, and Joan Villuendas I Bornau, president of the Catalan Athletics Federation and organizer of this sports test.

In this way, the Diabetes Foundation wants to value this opportunity that Mitja Mararató de Granollers has offered the Diatlétic team during this last decade, causing it to be shown that diabetes and overcoming in sport are two terms that are notI close.

physical exercise, control pillar

Regular physical exercise is one of the pillars of diabetes control, prevents type 2 diabetes and contributes to the improvement of control in type 1. People with diabetes can compete in sports tests such as half marathon, carrying greater controlof its blood glucose levels and improving its sensitivity to insulin.

Diabetes mellitus is a disease characterized by an increase in blood glucose.Its incidence increases significantly with age and also with excess weight and sedentary life.To reduce its impact, the Diabetes Foundation, through activities such as this, wants to sensitize public opinion about the importance of responsible sport as a more effective way to prevent and control diabetes.

Currently the Foundation has a sports channel on its new website, where any person with diabetes that is interested in sports practice will find all kinds of information, articles and reports related to sports and diabetes.

The treatment of diabetes is based on three fundamental pillars: insulin, diet and exercise.Diabetes is probably the only disease in which there is a clear objective mutual relationship between diet, medication (insulin) and exercise, so that if we know the effect of each of them we can achieve the most convenient level of glucoseIn blood, modifying the one that interests us the most.

Exercise and insulin are reinforced mutually to reduce glucose, and, therefore, insulin doses can be reduced, even without modifying the amount of carbohydrates present in the diet at all, when physical activity is adequate.

In addition to the benefits reported by the practice of exercise to any person, in the case of people with diabetes, we must add that:

- Favor the decrease inGlycemia (blood sugar).
- Improve insulin sensitivity (insulin action).

fer's profile photo
fer
02/03/2015 12:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, I have been fighting with this diabetes condition for 4 years that really has me tired, I was about to throw everything out the window and give myself but, I have motivated myself to move on and start with new habits such as exercise.Now that I read this post I have motivated myself much more, thanks for sharing this information

Leodi's profile photo
Leodi
01/16/2020 6:01 a.m.

No hay mejor maestro que la experiencia más amarga de uno mismo - como eliminar las estrias del embarazo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.