Hypoglycemia terror

ivy2727's profile photo   02/18/2015 10:46 p.m.

Hello, well, as you can have seen in the title of the subject, I have enough (not to say much) fear of hypoglycemia ...
Everything comes from a bad experience in the past ... I stayed with 34, I did not lose knowledge but now simply having 65 I am very scared and that's why I am continuously controlling my blood glucose ... :( which causes me a lot of dependenceAnd continue despair ... Any advice to carry this better?
Thank you very much!
: x

ivy2727's profile photo
ivy2727
02/18/2015 10:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As soon as you notice down, take two lumps of sugar, a juice or a glass of cocacola.
If you have a lantus insulin, the dowers can be corrected very in time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2015 10:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina but my problem really lies in the fear of these and their symptoms ... it may sound stupid but it is affected me quite a lot at my rhythm ...

ivy2727's profile photo
ivy2727
02/18/2015 11:24 p.m.

If you see that it affects you so much, tell the Médco, that you may need some anxiolytic until you calm down and you are better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2015 11:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello Ivy, I have gone through something similar ... to the point of climbing my glycemia, I was terrified to go out in the street in 100-120, I thought that in a matter of minutes I could find me in 40 (it has never happened to me) withWhat caused me to be higher .. result, hemo in 7'9 .. I have managed to control anxiety and improve controls for myself, but I recommend that if you do not get it, do not hesitate to ask for psychological help, this is aBall that becomes more and bigger if not the stop ..
All the best

Ah!And to overcome the hypos, what is the best is to take liquid, juices or soft drinks, because the sugar ... despairs that I take a long time to climb me

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
02/19/2015 10:43 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Hi Lidia9110, I'm glad I can share that with someone, I'm trying to overcome the truth ... but when I think everything is solved I have another hiccup (even if it is only 60) and start again ...
I glycosilada have not yet happened to me 7.1 ... and yet I think it is high ... I will try to pay attention to your advice ... Thank you very much
:-*

ivy2727's profile photo
ivy2727
02/19/2015 4:22 p.m.

I had not risen from 6'9 and ... how bad !!I already got into my head that was all psychological, that I couldn't continue like this.Even so, anxiety sometimes comes back, it gives me the feeling that I faint, I run to glymia and nothing ... it is not only that I am not low, I am very high ... and when I am in 70 I already have symptoms, I spend the fatal because it scares me .. It's a matter of relaxing, I think, it's not so easy to have a serious hypo, before our body warns to take measures .. So that, relax !!;)

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
02/19/2015 5:58 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

anxio ... what?psychologists? ...

I was in your same case (panic to hypoglycemia), solution (mostly): continuous measurement, you see at all times the level of glucose you have, and if you fall from a value that you marque you, let you know (you can sleep and do"Your things" until the device "pite").In addition, do not martyr with continuous blood controls (apart from an expense for the SS, but as that money goes to the "friends" of the laboratories ...).Simple and simple (and expensive, for us)

The one to leave the house at 100-120 for me is also very fair, even with continuous measurement, which you also see (a small "disgust" or scare on the way and you have already bought it, at least in my case, andI suppose it depends on each person).

Anyway ... I believe that 80% of diabetes is solved with continuous measurement.And on top of that "" well ".

It is that to me "to treat" anxiety ... the concern (logic, I think) to know how you are of glucose level ... with pills, having the continuous measurement, it seems fatal to me.I understand that in the absence of technology and media, years ago, it could be the only way to disguise-take a problem that had no solution ... but ... if something has a solution ... no problem.Another thing is that they want to solve it.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/02/2015 5:17 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I don't know how I will have now ... but.I fall asleep with 200 and when I wake up this at 140 or so ...
I stay uncomcious .... late to recover ... from there I opt for this method

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
05/02/2015 10:41 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Pabloj2000 Solution ... Of course, for which I can pay it, what else will I want ... I am totally against anxiolytics as if they were caramelos, like the one who says, the psychologist can help in 1000 more ways, giving techniquesTo overcome it, etc. It is easy to tell an anxiety that "what you have to do is relax" ... I am not nervous, I do not need to relax, what I am is anxious and is totally involuntary (even illogical)For my fear of hypos, and of course I consider that it helps in these cases it is essential, if it is not impossible to achieve good control .. It is a circle, you have a hypo - anxiety - you cause high levels - high hemo - more anxiety...

Of course there are means, but not available to the majority, and that is the root of the problem

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
05/03/2015 11:12 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

I have come to confuse a hypoglycemia with and azarBlood glucose, but also generates stress and anxiety.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/03/2015 11:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

There are soft anxiolytics that take away your anxiety without side effects.With half a pill a day it can be enough, and you breathe normally again.I, what I can't stand is to live anxiously ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/03/2015 11:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.