Injectable insulin withdrawal

jibumad's profile photo   09/23/2014 5:57 p.m.

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I am an insulin -dependent diabetic for 27 years.Since then I get injectable insulin three times a day.I do not use bolis because my sister is also diabetic and when she started using the bolis they gave her tremendous hypoglycemia.For that reason, I have so far resisted the bolis.This afternoon, when I have gone to the pharmacy to buy insulin (Humalog 100 U/ml and Humulina NPH 100 U/ml), the pharmacist who will withdraw all the injectable insulins from the market and that I will have no choice but will have no choice but to use to use the use ofThe Bolis.Is there anything true in that information?I would beg someone to inform me because it has left me dust.All the best.

Jesus

jibumad's profile photo
jibumad
09/23/2014 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Jesus forum, I use the bolis for more than 16 years, so I am not very much on the subject, to see if any forero is more informed and tells us.

In any case, I do not quite understand the hypoglycemia with the bolis, in principle the content would have to be the same, the only thing that changes is the format of the container, right?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/23/2014 6:15 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Jibumad precisely I used the same insulins as you humalog and humuline, in bolis changes to the lantus soloostar (in the morning), to the humalog Kwikpen, and if I am going to drink pizzas or something that carries carbohydrates of slow absorption carbohydrates meI put the Novomix 70.
On the subject of hypoglycemia I have not noticed anything, well in the Lantus I started putting it at night and I was not going well, if I produce hypoglycemia, I changed to put it in the morning and all solved.
The ball is much more comfortable to carry.
All the best.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/23/2014 6:34 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The ball is more comfortable, but I trust more than the dose in syringe.It has ever happened to him that the ball is locked and the dose does not work out well ... In addition, there are times that he fits better with half unity, especially in children.I don't think vials eliminate ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2014 6:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Jibumad, the one that is very outdated is the slow NPH, which gives hypoglycemia if you do not switch to rigid schedules.The Lantus frees you from schedules and reduces the hypos greatly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2014 6:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The other day in a pharmacy I money that the roads were discontinued since years.I told them that last month they had given me in another pharmacy and they were a little ashamed ... many times they speak without knowing ... for the bomb the roads are better and to mix NPH and quickly too, but there are two puncturesor die to the mixtures already made ...

What they tell you, ask about the Lantus ... will improve your quality of life

tica's profile photo
tica
09/23/2014 7:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much for your answers.The reason for my email was not so much if the bolis are more comfortable or not to use than the syringes, but that you inform me if any of you has heard something about the withdrawal of those insulins.It is that this matter already rains on wet.A year ago, the two insulins that put me (Insulatard and Actrapid) ceased to be funded by Social Security.So, I changed to the two that I currently put on (Humulina and Humalog).In the month of August, the private mutual that provided me with the syringes (Asisa) stopped providing me with the syringes because, according to them, they did not have because no one used them.Since then, I buy the syringes.Two weeks ago, the pharmacist tells me that Social Security will stop financing humulin and Humalog and that I have to use other insulins.And now they tell me that they are going to withdraw all the injectable insulins from the market and that I will have to use the bowling to put it on.I don't understand anything.With hundreds of millions of diabetics in the world, how is it possible that there is no market for those who want to continue using injectable insulins.I don't believe it.So if someone could clarify my doubts, I would be very grateful.

All the best.

jibumad's profile photo
jibumad
09/23/2014 7:05 p.m.

In pumps injectable insulins are used such as Humalog, in young syringes... then they cannot be withdrawn.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/23/2014 7:17 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

It is very strange that that will happen and San Google does not know anything.When the Insulatard and Actrapid San Google was going to be withdrawn if it knew.
Greetings, it is also true that health skills are transferred to the CCAA and maybe each one is a world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/23/2014 7:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for your answer.But what the pharmacist has assured me this afternoon in Zaragoza is that companies were going to stop marketing them.All the best.

jibumad's profile photo
jibumad
09/23/2014 7:33 p.m.

Hello,

I am from Zgz and let's go .... I keep doubting it a lot .... The roads that the Bolis are cheaper to the SS

tica's profile photo
tica
09/24/2014 4:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Ayyy forgot, you can use the bolis as a road ... Sometimes I have recharged the pump like this ... only that it is more incordious, and I find the expense of materials a bit absurd, but they do not leave you another option....

tica's profile photo
tica
09/24/2014 4:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.