Hello someone can help me?

Vane0519's profile photo   09/25/2014 10:18 p.m.

Hello I do not live in Spain and read about free freestyle, it is for my 5 -year -old daughter, it currently has the Dexcom but as it is not achieved in Colombia, it is quite expensive, I want to know how I can get free freestyle, if they sell it in pharmacy?Or if I need a medical recipe?
Thanks for the collaboration
Good day

Vane0519's profile photo
Vane0519
09/25/2014 10:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I think you can get any glucometer through the Internet.And for these devices, a medical recipe is not needed, as for the tensiometers, having no contraindication.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 4:08 a.m.

Excuse the error in my previous comment.I thought you referred to a glucometer and is a continuous measurement sensor.
I cannot provide information, because that device in which you are interested is of recent manufacture, and possibly it is complicated to get it.
Luck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 5:03 a.m.

Vane0519, here in Spain it has just left and some people are testing it through hospitals, but it is not yet for sale, it is expected for a few weeks (and it should be on sale but for reasons we do not know, you aredelaying).
In principle there is no need for medical prescription.
Once it comes out, get in touch with the Abott laboratory or maybe it is easier to someone here in Spain and send it to you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2014 5:33 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I add that at first, for what they comment, it is not recommended for children ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/29/2014 8:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello thanks to all for your comments

Vane0519's profile photo
Vane0519
09/29/2014 3:25 p.m.

It is not tested in children or pregnant women, because they do not have clinical studies in these groups.If a Dexcom is going well in children I do not understand why the free freestyle was not going well too, there is still no data that supports it that is the problem.

beti's profile photo
beti
09/29/2014 4:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.