{'en': 'They lost their view by Diabetes, 3 out of 10 blind attended at Amever', 'es': 'Perdieron la vista por diabetes, 3 de cada 10 invidentes atendidos en AMEVER'} Image

They lost their view by Diabetes, 3 out of 10 blind attended at Amever

fer's profile photo   01/14/2016 9:45 a.m.

The vice president of the Mexican Association of Visual Diseases and Retina AC (AMEVER) studies, René Perales Torres, announced that three out of ten people treated in that group to cope with that disability and learn to fend for themselves, lost theView as a result of diabetes, so it urged the population to take into account the measures that are disseminated to prevent such disease.

In an interview, the manager said that in fact, last December two people who came to train that institution, died from complications caused by that condition.

“We are talking about three out of ten people who receive attention here in AMEVER, they were blind, or present serious cases of retinopathy because of diabetes, here are people who have congenital blindness, or lost their sight because of accidents, but we haveAlso a significant percentage of people who unfortunately were blind because of that disease, ”said the interviewee.

He noted that they are currently attended by a little more than 60 blind ones, but because of the incidence of retinopathy cases caused by diabetes, the number of applications to receive training in that group has increased.

“It is unfortunate that the cases of this disease go to the rise, we know that by the government, actions will be carried out to prevent the disease, and through this medium we want to make a call to the population to take inTell these recommendations and more cases of the condition are avoided, ”he added.

In that sense, René Perales mentioned that by AMEVER, measures that promote physical activation are being implemented and help the blind people leave sedentary lifestyle, to avoid situations of overweight and obesity that derive in more cases of diabetes.

“We are working with physical activation Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 in the morning, the intention is that people reactivate, generally blind people become sedentary due to the same situation, there is no one to help them, there are no one whoMove, we are convinced that physical activation here and at home will help a lot for people to form the habit of exercising at least 20 or 30 minutes daily, ”said Perales Torres.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/14/2016 9:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not believe in angels or demons ... but without a doubt in my way, this is the final boss ... My greatest fear, and my greatest concern ... I hope they begin to appear advances in our quality of life.
Strength of those people.

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/14/2016 2:23 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

There are epidemiological figures, already a little old, but I do not believe that they have varied substantially that they talk that 30% of the blind in Spain are due to retinopathy, and everything is because of the misinformation of doctors and patients in some casesand for underestimating diabetes in others.Using prevention, early diagnosis and treatment in early phases of the disease, blindness is perfectly avoidable

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
01/14/2016 8:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you, @Oftalmologo, it's always a peace of mind.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/14/2016 8:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.