Why is it so good to eat food with low glycemic index?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/29/2014 8:08 a.m.

A question that I have is to know how the glycemic index works, I understand and always recommend eating foods with low glycemic index.But it is assumed that if a person at noon has a guideline of 6 novorrapid units and more or less that insulin has an effect of 4 hour, it is not assumed that if a person ingests food with glycemic index under elapl 4 or 5 hoursto raise the glucose?And of course if you no longer have novorrapid, a person should be corrected, right?Or if you eat food with low glycemic index and get 6 novorrapid units will give you a hypoglycemia right ???

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 8:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am of type II, I do not put a quick insulin.But in my modest opinion, why it is the glycemic index, that is, the speed of food absorption, at four hours I think it has to be well digested.Obviously to see the relationship between ingested foods and insulin on, you should be making many measurements.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 9:47 a.m.

The difference between a food with high and low glymic index is the speed with which sugar passes to the blood.

Imagine that you have a piggy bank, 10 euro coins (slow carbohydrates) and 10 euros in ticket (rapid carbohydrates).You have the same money (same hydrates), but when putting it in the piggy bank it is all very different.The coins go from one, take longer ... the ticket no, you put it suddenly and in second you already have 10 euros inside.

Why is it good to eat food with low glycemic index?Because it does not make you so much peak and it keeps you the most stable glucose, apart from that it satisfies much more (diabetics and non -diabetic).It is as if you were giving energy to the body constantly.If we abuse fast sugars, raise the glucose and then go down and be hungry again ... it is a circle ... and a business ... so they put sugars to all products ... to create "addiction."In addition, if abuse of rapid sugars and do not burn them immediately the body does not know what to do before that "surplus" and make it fat.That is why it is not convenient to eat many hydrates at dinner, because what you do is go to the couch, and the sofa to bed.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/29/2014 9:48 a.m.

Well, since they took out the ultra -granted insulins, I am not so clear that slow absorption hydrates agree.I think the important thing is to match insulin peak with the absorption peak.
Sometimes slow hydrates rise that exceed the rapid action.
Before the existence of rapid insulin, it was justified, but now, it may not be so much.
The one who commands is always the glucometer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2014 12:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That is why I asked, I know that if my mother eats 2 pears, the glucose does not rise at that time or in 2 hours, but when 3 or 4 hours pass the glucose begins to climb

DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 12:30 p.m.

Salvador, to correct hypoglycemia, always wave hydrates, huh?.Juices

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2014 12:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok, thanks, Regina.How valuable this forum is

DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 1:49 p.m.

When hypoglycemia occurs, I always sugary with water, between one or two envelopes, mixed with water.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2014 1:50 p.m.

When hypoglycemia occurs, I always sugary with water, between one or two envelopes, mixed with water.

I take the opportunity to take half a can of Coca Cola Normal or Fanta.The sugar alone, causes me nausea.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/29/2014 2:06 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Salvador each is a world and the absorption speeds are half.
Maybe one for one the pear is fast and for another super slow as your mother seems to be so the helmets do not warm up and put it in your particular list of the superlents and in peace.
Does it seem to understand that you will go for free freestyle?If so, all that will "see it" instead of assuming it

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/29/2014 6:02 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Slow HC are always recommended as part of a healthy diet.Fast HCs are mono and disaccharides and are absolutely discouraged (glucose, sucrose), because they do not contribute anything to the diet and only have one skill: that of becoming fatty acids with a pichole capacity.And that is nothing healthy.In short, all recommendations happen to say that our HC must be "of the slow ones", that is, the starches (pastes, rice, legume, flour ...)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/29/2014 8:28 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.