Free Freestyle

javigm's profile photo   10/02/2014 11:55 a.m.

Article range
Oct 22014
The Montañés newspaper
A. R. G.

A new glucose control device without a puncture is tested in the region

With a simple scan, the receiver records the data stored in the sensor that is placed on the arm and plasma in a graph of evolution

SantanderThe president of the Association of Diabetics of Cantabria, AurelianExtract a drop of blood.As?Through an innovative device baptized as free freestyle, of the multinational Abbott, which is not yet for sale.It is presented today in Madrid and will be available in seven countries of the European Union (France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Sweden, Holland and Spain).It is a demand meter formed by a sensor - a kind of flat button that is placed in the arm - that measures the glucose every minute in the interstitial fluid through a small filament that is inserted under the skin and that transfersThe data to the reader/receiver by means of a scan.Each analysis shows the result in real time and its evolution.The system software reflects it in a graph.«It's wonderful.It means saying goodbye to the punctures.It is light, discreet and is 14 days, ”explains Ruiz."Traditionally, the continuous measurement systems were somewhat clued by their high cost", while this device is more affordable: 60 euros per sensor (they are required two per month) and another 60 by the receiver, compared to the thousand euros of othersdevices of the 'family'.

javigm's profile photo
javigm
10/02/2014 11:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But is it for sale ????

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2014 12:16 p.m.

Let's see, the news says that "it is presented today in Madrid and will be available."

When?I don't know.The fact is that casually the mother of a partner of my son's school (he is diabetic, I don't) told us that his endocrine had offered to try it.

javigm's profile photo
javigm
10/02/2014 12:27 p.m.

If my endocrine in the SS has offered it to me although they do not finance it.It costs € 160 cin 1 sensor and each € 60 sensor and last 14 days

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
10/04/2014 4:29 p.m.

According to my latest information, it is sold at the end of the month.last week of October.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/07/2014 9:32 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.