First months with bomb.Encouraging them to start

Ainhoa's profile photo   01/20/2016 12:19 a.m.

Hello everyone!I write to tell you my daughter's experiences in her second month with a bomb.The beginnings have been somewhat difficult, the first bomb they put it was defective and a month they had to change (the battery change alarm jumped and suspended the infusion with the consequent scare.) They changed it to another without any problem andWe are doing it, little by little, because we have had the biggest problems with the catheters, which are very much acodo ... when extracting them it is seen that the canula is bent, sometimes a little at the end, and others totally, let's goLike a Alcayata.This has given him a lotAnd we only found out about the climbs ... but as we are still adjusting the basal pattern, these problems with the catheters have hindered the adjustment, since we were not always clear if the climb was by the catheter or because the basal remainedCut into that section ... The cateters are the 6mm straight.We have seen that they become much more in the gut, although it also happens when they are inserted in the lumbar area.On the recommendation of Medtronic, we tried in an arm and at the moment we carry several changes that have not given a problem, she also says that it is a place that is not uncomfortable.Anyway, the educating nurses have sent us other types of 9 mm straight catheters.Tomorrow will try them, we will tell you.If they do not go well, we will try the oblique, I have read many entries of @Velia recommending them and I think that for my daughter, she is skinny, they would be the most indicated.I write all this vibes especially to encourage them to start with the pump and at first they have a problem.You do not have to be discouraged, little by little things go better and better, my daughter already has almost adjusted her basal, in general she is very homogeneous, between 0.65 and 0.7.) The afternoon sections take them stronger, at 0.8, because we were observing that from seven in the afternoon a lot rises.The night is the main improvement that we have noticed, because now it is very stable, and both with Lantus and with Levemir had hypoglycemia being asleep in fear.Anyway ... just that.Sharing these experiences with you and encourage the bomberies that begin.A hug
;;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/20/2016 12:19 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I choose a lot that is adapting and that is for good.My question is, give more autonomy?And if so ... I would process my endocrine?Because being "so good" tells me that it is for people who are badly controlled ... and to the people who are lacking, they tell them that they have to "control the better" ... in short
A hug!!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/20/2016 2:19 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @Marcos_J_M!Little by little we are doing with her although as I already tell you with the occasional problem, right now we have changed cateter because yesterday's obstructed and tonight they had no effect well.We have put the first of the 9 mm to see how it goes.Regarding what you ask, it is difficult to advise someone who carries their treatment as well as you carry it .... especially because everything new supposes a learning period in which sometimes things do not always go well, and there isWhat have patience and give time to time (we are in this phase).Autonomy, I think that once you master it, it facilitates you much adapt the basal infusion to your activity, and be able to improvise much more, more flexible schedules, and stop much better situations in which you need more insulin, such as disease or hormonal variations... The greatest autonomy, in my opinion, is given the predictability of the action of insulin in the bomba, and the feeling that gives you more security to avoid hypoglycemia, lowering the basal in the hours when you are more proneTo have insulin sensitivity increased, at night or after exercise.The prevention of hypoglycemia is for me a fundamental advantage, although the continuous glucose monitoring (which I think has to constitute our active and constant demand to public health) the improvement and exceeds it widely, and already combined with thebomb has to be the repeat.Regarding the food, it has a series of advantages, but I think that the topic dominates it unbeatable, since you adapt to your intakes injecting small bowling several times, I remember that we comment in a post ... endocrine manages criteriaVery open, that although they allow the pump to be an option for any person with diabetes (bad control despite multi-injections, good control but at the expense of multi-injection and great personal effort, recurrent and inadvertent hypoglycemiathe Decision in the hands of the endocrine and its flexibility.Some are especially reluctant to the changes, especially if you go well or very well as in your case, with which if you want to try the bomb you have to load arguments to insist that you want to try.Everything that may assume improvements of any kind should be accessible and allow at least to try it and compare with the experience itself.It gives me a lot of anger that sometimes, precisely doing things well and getting good results at the expense of a lot of effort, supposes a penalty when trying new things with the excuse that we are already well like this ..
I don't just understand it and it seems unfair.Anyway @marcos_j_m, decide what you decide you are already a brave, a champion and a fighter, like my daughter, like all we are here.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/20/2016 7:18 a.m.

DT 3

@Ainhoa, I'm a lot for you and above all for your daughter !!!!, I see it a world ...... How old is your daughter?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/20/2016 9:56 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi @rociollinares !!He is fifteen, this summer will turn 16. ;;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/20/2016 10:10 a.m.

DT 3

Thank you!!!!Maria makes the 14 next Sunday, she does want to put the bomb, so on the next visit we will consider her endo ..... I was afraid of age ...... and I want him to have itOf course before saying anything to the endocrine.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/20/2016 10:40 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@ainhoa ​​I'm very happy that everything is solved, you know that I am a firm defender of the bomb.
@Marcos_J_m the bomb if it gives you much more autonomy, I was not badly controlled at all, but everything is easier with it.At first you have to form, however, you know it is not more, I tell you from experience, you never know enough.The issue of regulating basal because perhaps is the most tedious but once regulated life changes you by playing with the basal.
Uncomfortable to carry?At all at any time of the day, it is something that cost me the most to put it on, but we are not happy now but the following.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/20/2016 10:44 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Ainhoa, thank you very much for all the information, and I feel not to be able to answer or be very aware of the forum ... You see at the time I write ... I will tell my endocrine, the truth is that I gave me aLittle respect and I even felt bad about thinking about putting on the bomb being as well, I saw it as self -limiting ,,.It is not uncommon to explain.But of course, I also have in mind the new ultralargas insulins that last 24 hours and without alba effect ... I have endocrine, I tell you then.
@jconegar If I don't care, the fact of being connected to another pot ... pfff hahaha, among the mobile, the smartband, the headphones, sincerely the pump would be another device to differentiate myself from the rest and why not, link hahaha ... jokes apart ... I love being part of this family, and knowing that I am not alone.A hug!!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/22/2016 12:21 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Well, encourage you to try it !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/22/2016 8:44 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hello everyone, this week I start the "Training" to become a firefighter.I've been looking for information for a while and soaking everything you tell, so I hope to give a hand like now you throw it to me with your publications and advice.
In my case my endocrine has already proposed to put the bomb since I had many nightlife, but I did not know what the idea of ​​going all day with the pot in tow.With Tresiba the thing has improved a lot, but I am sure that with this I can still get better results.We will see ...

Pikitoni's profile photo
Pikitoni
01/22/2016 7:30 p.m.

DM I desde 2006 | Fiasp + Tresiba

@Pikitoni you'll see as if you improve, the only thing you have to have patience to calculate the basal.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/22/2016 9:24 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.