{'en': 'Susana Ruiz A diabetics to the conquest of the mere peak', 'es': 'Susana Ruiz una diabética a la conquista del Mera Peak'} Image

Susana Ruiz A diabetics to the conquest of the mere peak

fer's profile photo   03/13/2015 9:51 a.m.

A few days ago we could talk about Mail with one of the adventurers with more active diabetes in our country.Her name is Susana Ruiz Mostazo and today in this letter that we publish entirely she tells us how and when she wants to crown the mere peak with her diabetes in her pocket.A new challenge from Susana to continue offering the positive message that diabetes does not limit.

This is the letter:

In 2015 we want to break the 600 meters of altitude and conquer the top of the mere peak, a higher peak that can be climbed in Nepal with Trekking permission.The top to be reached is 6470 meters of altitude, far exceeding the altitude reached in 2013, when we perform the Trekking route to the Kala Pattar 5545 meters altitude.It is a much less busy route than the previous, isolated and with more technical demand than the previous one.

The mere peack is the highest trekking peak in Nepal (6,476m).Ascension, without technically difficult to require a height camp and a glacier journey in a pure Himalayas atmosphere.Domates the wild and unknown valleys of Hinku and Mongu.Most of the tour is going through unwilling areas, having the opportunity to visit a precious region of northeast Nepal, scarcely traveled except for the expeditions to the mere during spring and autumn.For mountaineers with some winter experience, it is the occasion to try the ascent of the mere peak, the highest of the 18 trekking peaks, although possibly the most affordable.The development of the ascent by the normal route demands a long glacier journey to the top.The base camp at 4,900m is located at the foot of the mera 5,100m.Two days are needed for ascension, an activity that includes the installation of a height camp in the Delmera glacier at 5.650m.Between field 1 and the top, we will enjoy some of the most overwhelming views of the Himalayas, including the Kanchenjunga from the East.Passing through the Chamlang, Makalu, Baruntse, Lhotse, Everest, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Cho Oyu to the west.

We will march in October returning at the beginning of November.In this expedition we will live the experience of setting up a base camp.About 4900 meters altitude, also another camp of height to about 5650 where we will spend the night and then attack the top.For several days we will sleep in shelters but at the end of the expedition we will have to sleep in tent with temperatures of -10 or -15 degrees below zero.We will have the help of sherpas, carriers and altitude chefs.

In this case, I will have the Menadiab app to send my medical data to my medical team, also my glucometer and my continuous glucose meter Dexcom G4.I will test these tools at a greater altitude than the previous time. Menadiab application is helping me in my day to day, because I can graphically observe my glycemic data and modify my treatment depending on the results, training etc.It is my digital notebook!

Also the Dexcom, with which I can better plan my training and provide for possible hypoglycemia to anticipate and avoid them.

During 2014 I have made more than 10 talks in different diabetic associations where I share my experience and invite people like me to pursue their dreams.I think that all diabetics are facing several challenges every day, how much insulin do I put on? How many hydrates?, I know we have the necessary strength to achieve everything we want.In all the talks I have excited myself a lot, we have had a great time and we have all learned!people with diabetes to pursue theirdreams.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2015 9:51 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What a morning girl.Talk to her by mail, and clarified for me and is always willing to help.

Let you phenomenal in your next challenge!

tica's profile photo
tica
03/13/2015 2:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

An entire tiarrona, yes sir :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
03/13/2015 11:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.