Diabetic Neuropathy Symptoms

fer's profile photo   10/09/2014 5:48 a.m.

Some symptoms of neuropathy may appear when nerve fibers are damaged, if the damage affects motor fibers, this could cause muscle weakness, but if it affects the sensor fibers it can cause loss of sensation in that area and if it affects the fibers of the autonomous nervesThey can cause disorders in the proper functioning of the muscles that work unconsciously.

In other cases, symptoms are caused by nerves that are damaged or that on the contrary could be improving.These symptoms include tingling, sensation of punctures or burns, this happens due to excess nerve activity, product of the damage or the improvement they experience.

The symptoms of neuropathy will depend on the type of nerve that is affected.There are many types of neuropathies, but for example, diarrhea and constipation can be symptoms that the nerves of the thin intestine are affected (autonomic neuropathy).Autonomous neuropathy can also affect the nerves that control male sexual erection, causing erectile dysfunction.

Neuropathies can generally affect the lower extremities (legs and feet), so it is very important that you have special care with any problem that could be presented, since approximately 75% of amputation cases could be avoided if thenecessary care and precautions.

Neuropathy can be painful and could even incapacitate the affected, but fortunately the most severe forms of neuropathy are rare, in addition prevention, early diagnosis and treatments that currently exist allow people with diabetes to counteract the effects effectsof neuropathies.

DCCT (Diabetes Control and Complications) proved that good control of their glycemia levels can prevent or delay the appearance and progression of any of the neuropathies.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/09/2014 5:48 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I tell you my case that I think is related to neuropathy
I have been with type 1 diabetes and 4 years suffering pain in my legs, arms, I have a feeling as if my legs burn me, pain in my fingers of my feet and behind the right eye. 2 years ago I tell my endocrineAnd he tells me that what happens to me is not related to diabetes, that the glycosylated ones that I have 7.8 do not cause me that. What was quite rare what he told me but well I kept doing sports and tried to control the sugar.Every time I noticed that physically I was going worse, the pains were going to have cramps. These colic derived to be engaged in my gallbladder having to operate emergency. The surgeons who attended me did not rule out that everything was caused by diabetesand that I could have a diabetic neuropathy. I comment again to the endocrine and repeat the same thing again
I am quite disappointed because I see that I am worse and do not diagnose anything.
Do you think it can be a neuropathy?

bambi13's profile photo
bambi13
01/18/2015 9:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Will you have to see you a neurologist?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/19/2015 2:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
will have to see you a neurologist?

I don't know who is responsible for looking at this. On February I start with another endocrine to start from scratch and try to diagnose what I have

bambi13's profile photo
bambi13
01/19/2015 10:15 p.m.

You must make a neurological visit. All are symptoms of a diabetic neuropathy !!!Do not continue to let time pass, change a doctor, it's the most appropriate ... my greetings and my wishes that you find an improvement

nury's profile photo
nury
07/25/2016 3:50 p.m.

They are going to make an electromyography, by the neurologist, because they suspect that neuropathy can have.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
06/09/2017 5:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.