{'en': 'What is better to eat rice or pasta?', 'es': '¿Qué es mejor comer arroz o pasta?'} Image

What is better to eat rice or pasta?

fer's profile photo   03/13/2015 9:55 a.m.

Choosing the best ingredient to maintain a balanced weight is not always simple and when it comes to similar foods there are always doubts what could be the most indicated.If we know their nutritional properties a little better, how and when to consume them will not only win our palate but also our health.

Rice is the most widespread cereal around the world.There are many types of rice: round, long, basmati, bomb, integral, etc.In Spain the most used is round rice.

On the contrary, pasta is the food that results from making a dough with flour and water to which other ingredients such as egg, salt or vegetable sauces can be added.Depending on the type of flour with which it is made and whether the flour is integral or white, it will have different nutritional properties.

According to experts both rice or pasta give us mainly carbohydrates, which are fundamental to our body, especially if we suffer from diabetes.Carboids are responsible for providing the necessary energy, and therefore, essential within a healthy diet and diabetes control.

What fattening more rice or pasta?

This is one of the great questions that are always asked before the rice or pasta dichotomy.Well, white rice and white paste have a very similar nutritional content.In 100 grams of rice or pasta we will find respectively 354/342 kilocalories of energy, 7.6/12 grams of proteins, 1.7/1.8 grams of fat;77/74 grams of carbohydrates;and 0.3/2.9 grams of fiber.

Nutritionists always advise rice or comprehensive paste since they have more fiber, vitamins and minerals.In the case of white rice, by removing the peel and in the pasta, if it has been made with flours with low degree of extraction (higher degree, higher fiber content, vitamins and minerals) become mainly energy foods, sinceThey have been stripped of vitamins and minerals.

In addition we must also take into account gluten.The paste made with wheat flour, contains gluten, a protein that celiac people do not tolerate.This does not happen with rice, which is gluten free.In the paella the only ingredient with gluten is the dye.If this does not carry gluten, it is suitable for celiacs.

In general, rice or pasta are foods that have very little fat, so it will depend on the recipe that is cooked to determine whether that reduced level of fat is maintained or not.Choosing one or the other will depend on the taste of each consumer.

How much rice or pasta can I eat?

When the main dish is rice or pasta, the appropriate rations for an adult, healthy and with normal energy wear, is 80 grams of rice or pasta.The two foods, having a high energy content, are recommended for anyone but especially in times of greatest energy wear, as with athletes, childhood and adolescence.For this reason, it is advisable to monitor the amount consumed in cases of overweight, obesity and diabetes.

In our menu the rice or pasta should never appear for dinners, since you should avoid taking hydrates in large quantities at night, because much energy is not needed at a time when we are going to sleep and rest the body,especially if it is a person who needs to take care of their weight.

On the contrary, it is recommended indistinctly to consume rice or pasta for several days at meals, always taking into account the amounts to be taken and paying attention to the rest of the ingredients that accompany them in the recipes.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2015 9:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When I debuted, the only food that prohibited me (for a short time) was rice because it is a metabolic bomb ... now that I know the insulin that I should use, I do, and I have no problem that yes, both rice, like pasta like bread, always integral.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
03/13/2015 11:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If the article already says ...

... 80 grams of rice or pasta ...I would have to compensate with about 8 insulin units, when it is normally what I can use in a complete meal.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/14/2015 4:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I usually take integral spaghettis with a lot of vegetables and always in food.
The rice took it from the century in the century.My doctor (head of the ambulatory where I live, with a nutrition master and husband of a type i) told me that absolutely nothing happened to do without rice and that its effect was beastly to raise the glucose ... that if it supplies it with bread(for example) that it is another cereal nothing happened ... and I do it ... I take advantage of when I go to a Chinese to take a little ... (I still remember when on Sundays it was to do Paella and repeated a little -poquito noTwo dishes hahaha- Ainssss what times those ...)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/14/2015 6:33 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Well, both are great to me and it is what feels best to the stomach.With the dexcom I see how I burn the different foods and the pasta specifically is what makes me least in meals, it is more, I punish me after eating because if I do not enter the insulin before the HC and it gives me down while sitting still sittingAt the table.
What raises me the most is the potato, whether fried, stewed or cooked, the device is triggered, it rises a lot and very fast

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/14/2015 7:40 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is a good truth that each one is different ... the potato is great (I usually eat it cooked or in the oven) and if it is fried it is not that it rises ... (out of 100 or 110 at most).I like a medium -sized potato ... and and I left her soak as an hour ... says my aunt (diabetics) that the starch is leaving ... I don't know if it's true (if there is a scientific base forThis) but I do it just in case ... maybe you should try it and tell us if you notice any difference ...
The paste (the integral spaghettis) great (between 110 and 120) ... but the rice ... if I do not move to 180 or 200 with a dish not very full ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/14/2015 8:49 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

It happens to me with the rice more than with the pasta .... I get up uffff !!!!!And that I click on the regulatory but what goes ... for the next program the bomb for me to click more little by little hahaha

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/14/2015 8:57 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

If it is true that leaving them soak removes the starch but the problem is that you do not know how much you take away and we, the type I as we eat for portions because we no longer account as the one who says, heh heh !!To my mother (because when I started in this, I was 13 years old), the educator told her not to do it for that reason, because you don't really know how many HC you eat, the same then goes down.
Now with the MCG it is easier as I see this I do ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/14/2015 8:58 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

There are recipes on how to make fried potatoes in the oven (search on Google).I have not tried them but they say they are good ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/14/2015 11:55 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

You are going to laugh, but what a fuck is upload is the gazpacho:

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
04/16/2015 8:37 p.m.

Well, I don't river ... and thinking about it, the only reasonable explanation that I find is the soaked bread that is put ... will it be for that? ... Have you thought about doing it more clear?

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/16/2015 11:17 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

gala said:
What I get most is the potato either fried, stewed or cooked, the device is triggered, it goes up a lot and very fast

Boiled too?Only the fried ones, that with how small they are, I get a lot but also the fat they have makes me feel how much I am with the high ketone, the same thing happens to me with peanuts and hazelnuts toasted.(I practically do not take any of these three things)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/17/2015 3:29 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Rice feels like a shot.As little ... the pasta and potatoes well

tica's profile photo
tica
04/17/2015 10:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

To me the only rice that feels better (never the same k the pasta) is the long guy .. I suppose Pors does not happen so much and has less starch.
Consumption little about that ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/21/2015 12:15 p.m.

The potatoes are fatal fried!: -S

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/21/2015 12:16 p.m.

I usually click after eating rice or pasta until 20 minutes later.It does not fail.Neither hypo nor anything similar.

Mandril88's profile photo
Mandril88
04/23/2015 8:38 a.m.

Integral rice has less than half of carbohydrates than white ... and above it is richer ... it is a small change that is worth it.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
06/16/2015 6:25 a.m.

nina45 said:
well I don't river ... and thinking about it, the only reasonable explanation that I find is the soaked bread that is put ... will be for that? ... have you thoughtin making it more clear?

I do it at home and never give bread ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/16/2015 2:11 p.m.

Before being diabetic, rice and pasta were my favorite meals.The rice is what goes up the most, and the pasta tries to eat it fresh that has less hydrates at 100 and the ration spreads much more.The potato is doing well.I spend a trick that I have invented: I put a potato in film in the micro and let it be made 75% (about 2 min depends size and power) then I take it out and make it slices, I pass with a brush the Aove's pan andThe Doro on both sides are very rich and seem fried.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/22/2015 12:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I imagine that the amounts that Fer has put are raw.80 greatest rice rice after cooking is a very good dish.Think that rice absorbs a lot of liquid.

To me both pasta and rice help me a lot with my sugar.They are HC of very slow absorption with which the glucose increases are very sustained.

And then keep in mind that certain foods depends on how its HC is cooked, for example the fried potato increases the starch values ​​and therefore the HC.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/22/2015 4:09 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.