Fasting hyperglycemia (with lantus/apidra)

Jesule83's profile photo   03/28/2015 3:55 p.m.

Hello good.
For a couple of weeks I have been waking up with a bit high values ​​at breakfast (in 220-240).Previously I woke up well but suddenly it began to be high.Use Lantus (at 4:30 p.m.) and Apidra for meals.The rest of the day measurements are well corrected by morning hyperglycemia.

If I am not wrong, what I should do is raise the Lantus until the levels are correct.I have uploaded 2 units and for the moment I have not noticed any change.I asked my endocrine and told me that I was doing everything right and that the Lantus continued to see if he corrected.
My doubts are:
- I don't know if the lantus goes up I will get out of control the rest of the day that is fine right now.
- I don't understand why this has happened at night when I haven't changed anything in my meals and habits.

To say that the measurement 2h after dinner is fine and some that I have made at dawn if I have seen that it is increasing.

Do you advise me to gradually increase the Lantus?

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/28/2015 3:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Increase one by one in one unit and wait two or three days before making another change ..
Two units, it can be a lot ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/28/2015 8:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The reasons can be hormonal ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/28/2015 8:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Jesule,

That also happened to me a couple of years ago, for almost a month I had a hard time getting up below 200 although the dinner post was fine.The only explanation that I give is as the hormones says and that at that time I caught a cold of these that last an eternity.If it serves you as comfort as this phenomenon came, I left and I got up again in normal values.I would wait a couple of weeks before touching the Lantus if the rest of the values ​​are fine.And well, I don't know if you exercise in the afternoon, but it would be an option to increase insulin sensitivity at night.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
03/28/2015 11:46 p.m.

Thanks for the tips.
I will wait a few more days to see if my hormones are normalized a little or if the reason is another.

Thank you!

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/29/2015 4:09 p.m.

It may also be that insulin is somewhat damaged .. and that it is solved with another new ball.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/29/2015 5:03 p.m.

Hello good.
Well, I went up 2 days ago in 2 units and it seems that I have found the key (at least for the moment).I no longer get up so high and my values ​​between meals barely vary if not as anything between them.Let's see if this lasts a long time.

Thank you all for the advice.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/30/2015 4:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.