Is there any type of "wireless" insulin pump?

Jesule83's profile photo   03/28/2015 4:05 p.m.

The first of all, apologizing if what I am going to ask is nonsense but with so many technological advances, it could be.

Is there any type of insulin pump in which it is not necessary to have the catheter connected with the transmitter and that everything is done wirelessly?I am very called the idea of ​​asking my endocrine to put the insulin bomb since I see that everyone is very happy with it but is a little behind the fact of having to be connected with the cable to the transmitter (AThe best I am wrong and then is not so uncomfortable).

Let's see if you can clarify the doubt.

All the best.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/28/2015 4:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If the omnipod, but in Spain it is not available

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2015 4:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If there is, but as Gala tells you, we can't give it here.I carry bomb of February 25, and the truth believed that the infusion team was going to bother me more but the truth in 2 days and not even notice it and with having a little care you will not hit pulls.

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
03/28/2015 5:41 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Well, go.Hopefully our health system is put on the batteries and incorporate this type of wireless bombs that in my opinion are very useful.
I will consult with my endocrine to see what I think about whether to put on a bomb or not.

Thanks for the answers.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/28/2015 11:19 p.m.

What there is is that to send the Bolus, it is not necessary to toquit the bomb.From the mobile, with Bluetooth the amount you want and you have access to the pump interface is sent.At least in Roche's accu chek

tica's profile photo
tica
03/29/2015 9:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

More interesting than a wireless pump would be a closed handle pump (intelligent).It has to be glory of not having to think about diabetes or calculations and, on top ofwhatever, that is the slightest of the problems!

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
03/29/2015 10:06 a.m.

@tica How is the amount of insulin to the pump with the mobile?Is there any application that can be downloaded?I have Roche's accu check and I didn't know what could be done.I only do it through the glucose meter connected with Bluetooth to the pump

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
03/29/2015 10:49 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Raar the closed handle pump theme I would see it feasible if we had a blood glucose sensor that gave the real result at the time and also that there is an insulin of immediate effect.But thinking about it would be a warning to the insulin emitter when the glucose is already at levels of how much?And then when would I start to effect insulin?Uffff is a very big illusion that hopefully will come to us soon and solve those problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2015 10:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Already to ask, to look for the cure in the transplant plan of islets of Beta cells and that they stop bombs and other devices that I think the cure will come around ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2015 11:41 p.m.

lalala8 said:
@tica How is the amount of insulin to the pump with the mobile?Is there any application that can be downloaded?I have Roche's accu check and I didn't know what could be done.I only do it through the glucose meter connected to the Bluetooth to the pump

I have gone the clamp ... I wanted to say from the meter

tica's profile photo
tica
04/01/2015 2:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

jconegar said:
roar the closed handle pump theme I would see it feasible if we had a blood glucose sensor that gave the real result at the time and also that there is an insulin of immediate effect.But thinking about it would be a warning to the insulin emitter when the glucose is already at levels of how much?And then when would I start to effect insulin?Uffff is a very big illusion that hopefully will come to us soon and solve those problems.

I believe that the artificial pancreas, or closed pump will only be feasible for basal insulin ... Come on if one night is increasing the glycemia that corrects, the next night it is also increasing, it is increasing again ... ohy the third night TB... Well, the basal is already modified ... but for point -time bolus decisions I see it madness that the patient does not participate ... maybe we just have to say the HC number and fat and she alone adapts theinsulin ratios according to the post ... but we cannot wait to have a 300 for the bomb to say uyyy I will correct that it seems that it has eaten ....

tica's profile photo
tica
04/01/2015 3:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, taking into account that the cure of diabetes already exists for the entire animal kingdom (rats, dogs ... etc), perhaps one day of these are also found for us.Meanwhile, I think the solution is technology.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
04/01/2015 8:59 p.m.

What reason is you ranco in what the cure already exists, who was a rat, because everything works for them !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/01/2015 9:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.