Diabetes, the great excluded from classrooms

fer's profile photo   04/09/2015 11:17 a.m.

When diabetes has become your child's travel companion, the greatest need that this experiences is to feel accompanied, knowing that there is someone unconditionally by their side before their mood changes, their ups and downs, and the demands and demands and demands and demands andDiscipline of this pathology.

For the child with diabetes, especially at an early age, the diagnosis can cause a great impact on its development, since there is fear of feeling rejected by others before this new reality that is now part of their day to day.

Today, in Spain 30,000 children under 15 have diabetes, who need to perform glycemia measurements every day to have good control of their pathology.

When these controls have to be carried out during childhood, parents are main responsible, but when children go to the nursery or school they face, despite their young age, to situations that must be treated daily by people whoAt that time they are in charge.

However, today, in the largest of the AA CC there is no regulations that force educational centers to take responsibility for the attention of this group;It all depends on the will of teachers and schools that sometimes are reluctant to get involved in this and other aspects of their attention.

In our country, the exception is the Valencian Community, which is the only region that has a regulation that establishes the guarantee of the law of minors, through the obligation to establish a clear procedure of collaboration between the health administration and the educational administration,To facilitate the most suitable care response to the school process of students suffering from chronic diseases and specifying specific health care.

As regards the rest of CC AA, there is still nothing in this regard, but progress has been made, since in most of them there are protocols for the child's performance in school.

For just giving an example, Balearic Islands have developed such a document, which allows children to have specific attention within the classrooms, with a specific training of teachers, where there is the specific didactic and sanitary material and whereThere is also a census of affected minors.

But not being mandatory comply with one of the main claims of the Spanish Diabetics Federation (Fede) remains that there is a regulation in all CC AA, so that in school our children our children have the health care they need.

And in this sense, it is noteworthy that I was the promoter of the first protocol in Spain on diabetes in schools, and responsible for the "proposition of the law to improve care in schools to children with diabetes and allergiesto food and latex », which represents an example to follow.

ARTICLE OF: ANDONI LORENZO

fer's profile photo
fer
04/09/2015 11:17 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is a very complicated issue.
This Tuesday, my son was an excursion with the school and both on the first leg and in the back of the bus, he says he fell asleep.
To think that one of his teachers worried in those moments of how his glycemia was a utopia.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/09/2015 1:22 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Uff I know and by their own experience ... there are 23 years that my niece is diabetic since I was 5 years old.From that my sister had to leave jobs to go to school to take control of her daughter.
Sure example that things advance little and bad is Alex (the friend of Cambre in Coruña).His luck is that he has parents (like many of those present) worthy of example and putting a bust in my dining room (like the former Roman ancestors).
As for you to collaborate in this and other things because it dignifies you and I hope that life brings you as many good things as you do for others ... but it doesn't tell me anything new ... that you are good people companion, we attest all who have the pleasure of meeting you ...
A solidarity hug!Nina45

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/09/2015 2:24 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Fer, are you talking about you in the last paragraph of the article?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2015 7:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is very logical to request health care in schools, from all associations.
The right to health is a priority to education.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2015 7:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Very well said Regina ...
For me you are one of those exemplary breasts that I mentioned before ...
The breasts (and potatoes) of diabetic children are not normal you are "super breasts" (you do not take away an eye, do not buy luxuries because your priority is the child, you make nurses, doctors, psychologies, dietitians and imaginative cooks) ...
And the chicy surviving authentic ones !!! ...
And the children of diabetics, as is my case, accustomed to treating daily with the disease we are responsible people (diabetes teaches responsibility for others and oneself) and mature ... do not you think?(This is worth when the diabetic is oneself)
To all the potatoes and breasts my public recognition and a kiss!Nina45

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/09/2015 9:05 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Good night.It is the first time that I participate in this forum although I follow you a long time ago.You are my great company at many times when I feel misunderstood.My husband is a diabetic more than 40 years ago and I have a son with diabetes who now has 4 (he debuted a year and a half ago).We try to normalize our life, but the theme of school is something that surpasses me, that I see unfair ...When you find a little collaborative teacher, things get very complicated and when the association of your city does not support the presence of health, even more.There is no more solution than being continuously in the center and its surroundings.I really hope to legislate as this situation should be because depending on the good faith of people is sometimes not enough.The health of our little ones comes into play.I'm sorry to enter this way in the forum, but this is the topic that currently moves me.I would like to say much more, but it doesn't fit ...

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
04/09/2015 11:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

regina said:
fer, you talk about you in the last paragraph of the article?

Hi @regina, no, no, it's not me, sorry for the misunderstanding, I have added to clarify the original author of the article.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 10:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well even if you are your me, I know good ink (I go a little bird hehe) that you have done a lot for diabetes.
I personally believe that there is no place for the false modesty and if for diffusion.It is something admirable for your part Fer ... for diabetes in general and this is a good place to know ... but you must be the one who tells it because I should not (nor do I want) to explain what has beensaid confidentially.
I appreciate the confidence friend (Muac, Muac) but you know now what I think .. diffusion and diffusion ... well for you and better for the diabetic collective ...
Let's see if there is luck and the "plan" that we carry in mind yyy works (you know that you threaten you hahaha) as you do not say it in front of me ... Jum Jum ... I inject you with a direct Galician prayer in vein hahaha ...Hala ... threat !!!-ha ha ha-
A hug !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 1:50 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Hi @nina45, thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it!= D>

The theme you comment I suppose that it goes for the interview they did a few years ago in the country, at that time I was more for the work of creating an app (an eye that did not exist neither the iPhone nor the Android) and this led me to launchThe forum, it is not a topic that hides, in fact, it was one of the first themes I wrote in the forum, here I leave the link for the most curious!;)

Link

On the rest, really here the protagonists are all of you and you, who make the forum make sense with the contributions, experiences, questions and so many things you share!

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 2:08 p.m.

I like Fer!Plas plas! ... there is a good advertising that who tells you bad things sure you already have ...
My question is how to access the web to try it?(Remember that I am a "potato" with the "milking").
I want my niece to try it ... I can think of a lot of less practical gifts, so if I work it! ... and by the time I use insulin (which I am already aware that I am not going to get ridsooner or later) because of another!
A hug!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 2:30 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Dear Fer ... I have the Link thanks (private and public messages have crossed)
Yoo put the link here too for those who interest you ...
I'm going to diffusion then ... I have to ask my Spanish "Bill Gates" (my daughter) hahaha first
As I told you privately ... on behalf of my family's diabetic members (9 in total) and yours: thanks fer ... Everything that helps us controls us is very good ...
Where did you walk 40 years ago?CACHIS IN DENA !!!(With the lack that we did something like this!)
I ask myself for kings 5 ​​more people like you (I think only with those five you were going to put a move to the Aupaa diabetes !!)
A hug Friend-Cominche-Collaborator!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 2:43 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Thank you very much again!:) :) :) :) :)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 4:40 p.m.

And we also put face, fer, that was time.Rubio and everything>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2015 4:42 p.m.

Oh I have not noticed!What a failure!-ha ha ha-
Now I will look at you to see if you have to whistle "fiu fiuuu tiooo weenoo!"hahaha ... should I take the salts?Ha ha ha
Well, if you are only half handsome on the outside that inside ... Woooh quina shame!
Sent link that you mention (Publication of the newspaper) by Facebook ... 80% of my contacts are diabetic or relatives of them ... Halee run throughout Spain !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 6 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Well, well ... if that's why ... Here I leave you a more recent photo, in that I still had hair !!!: D: D: D: D: D: D.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 8:47 p.m.

But what most beautiful administrator we have!= D>

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2015 8:56 p.m.

Equally handsome, heh Je !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2015 11:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Woooh: D :(
wordless!
Hahaha ... guapiiissimmm !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 11:29 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.