{'en': 'Antonio Lledo takes his challenge ‘Diabetes not Fear’ to the Falcotrail de Cehegín', 'es': 'Antonio Lledó lleva su reto ‘Diabetes no Fear’ a la Falcotrail de Cehegín'} Image

Antonio Lledo takes his challenge ‘Diabetes not Fear’ to the Falcotrail de Cehegín

fer's profile photo   11/27/2014 11:04 a.m.

The 2014 Falcotrail, which will be held in Cehegín during December 6 and 7, heated engines and has already hung the no dorsal poster.Falcotrail is the name of the sports test that has been held in Cehegín since 2011 in which participants must travel an approximate distance of 42 kilometers through the roads and paths that enter the majestic natural environment of the Quípar and Sierras de Quípar andBureteThere are two modalities for the test: the resistance journey (hiking) called Falcotrail Challenge and the Mountain race (Trail) called TNF Falcotrail Sky Marathon.Both will be played on Sunday, December 7.

This year Antonio Lledó will take his challenge ‘Diabetes not Fear’ to the 2014 Falcotrail, an all an example of delivery and overcoming.Antonio Lledó has been diabetic since January 2003 and since then his life changed completely.“A change that not only means taking your life in another way in terms of controls, diet, but also to practice sports.One of the first things they tell you is: ‘From now on you will have to take very careful when doing sports and even leave it alone for walks and little else’.These words were recorded in my mind, and once I had control over it I proposed that my illness would not be an obstacle in my life.From that moment on my life has been marked by personal and sports challenges, where the main thing is to have a control of diabetes, getting to practice anything that proposes me, ”explains Lledó.

Antonio Lledó's most important challenges are: Camino de Santiago (7 times), Rif route (400 km from Ceuta to Melilla by bike), Sahara Bike (450 km for southern Morocco), Turquia Bike (600 km perThe Taurus mountain range in Turkey), 101 of Ronda 2013 and Titan Desert 2014.

Ledó says that “all these tests have made me see my control of diabetes in another way, getting to consider any sporting challenge and always with a spirit of struggle and overcoming that marks each of the proposed challenges.Like anyone who debuts as a diabetic, at first I have gone through times of rebellion, where I could not understand the reason for having to carry the weight or responsibility of this disease, but thanks to the sport I have known how to live with it and even has even mecontributed a totally different vision of life.I think that with gestures like this, where a person shares their experiences, they can serve to motivate and promote sports of any level. ”

“In my personal case from the beginning I never had that support to get to understand the disease and not only see the negative part, but to show me what their benefits would be with sport or physical activity.Thanks to my passion on the Camino de Santiago, I decided to buy a bike and perform the road alone.Day by day, with good control, you are realizing the benefits, such as lowering the dose of daily insulin, but above all to demonstrate yourself that you can.From that moment and year after year the challenges and objectives were greater, reaching what today is their unlimited search, ”says Antonio Lledó.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/27/2014 11:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.