Bigfoot (another artificial pancreas)

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo   01/26/2016 5:18 p.m.

Let's see what you think! Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
01/26/2016 5:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Is it a cable pump?
Very nice, but a little surreal, right?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/27/2016 12:42 p.m.

It is a cable pump and that calculates the dose of insulin you need ... I think it is a great advance.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/27/2016 1:32 p.m.

What I like the most is the name ... already put, they could have called him Nessy:-D:-D:-D

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/27/2016 2:12 p.m.

Well, it would be the most!
Let's see if you don't stay in science fiction ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2016 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They say that I would use the Dexcom to read the levels.The difference would not use the dexcom command, everything would be handled from an application in the mobile that would be connected by Bluetooth, it would also be communicated with a capillary reader by Bluetooth and directly fool the measurement without having to type it for the administration of the bolus.

What I have most doubts is that or improve the batteries of the mobiles or the mobile does not endure one day communicating by Bluetooth.

Anyway I like the idea, they are expected to take it out in 2018 and this year 2016 they would start trying in people under strong supervision

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 10:56 p.m.

Reideing you I think that to have diabetes you have to be rich and expert in new technologies:-D:-D:-D

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/28/2016 12:39 a.m.

I like the idea, although with my evil English that of without cables I did not understand it anywhere haha ​​as I would go then?
Likewise, the only thing I do not see is that with a logarithm they think that everything would be done, I do not know ... sometimes not everything is a matter of doing numbers with HC, insulin, exercise ... I do not know if I explain myself !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/28/2016 1:13 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

roar said:
reading you I think that to have diabetes you have to be rich and expert in new technologies:-D:-D:-D:

And you have to aspire to be a kind of Ciborg, full of chips, devices and cables inserted in the body.

I pass.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/28/2016 6:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

gemater said:
I like the idea, although with my evil English that of without cables I did not understand it anywhere haha ​​as I would go then?.
Likewise, the only thing I do not see is that with a logarithm they think that everything would be done, I do not know ... sometimes not everything is a matter of doing numbers with HC, insulin, exercise ... I do not know if I explain myself !!

And it's not just that, there is also a continuous glucose meter that tells you at every moment how are you, the calculation is to determine in every minute what you may need, and the result is not 100% exact nothing happens, because the next minuteCalculate and correct the problem.

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/28/2016 10:44 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
roar said:
reading you think that to have diabetes you have to be rich and expert in new technologies:-D:-D:

And you have to aspire to be a kind of Ciborg, full of chips, devices and cables inserted in the body.

I pass.

That is exaggerating a lot, there are no cables or inserted chips for the whole body!

Con_Q_de_quimica
01/28/2016 10:45 a.m.

con_q_de_quimica said:
sherpa41 said:
and you have to aspire to be a kind of ciborg, full of chips, devices and cables inserted in the body.

That is exaggerating a lot, there are no cables or inserted chips throughout the body!
There are no external cables but as in the normal pumps, the pump cannula, which is still a tube, if it is stuck in the body, just like the Dexcom sensor needle.In addition, the device where the pump is involved, which instead of being hanging from a cable away from the body, to avoid the external cable I imagine that all the apparatus well attached to the body must be.

No, thanks.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/28/2016 11:33 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

That is, the Omnipod much better without cables, but to see if they bring it to Spain because here we do not reach us all technology.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/28/2016 2:20 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I like to wear it attached to the body with a cable, because I do not forget anywhere.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/28/2016 2:52 p.m.

Joseludi said:
say that I would use the dexcom to read the levels.The difference would not use the dexcom command, everything would be handled from an application in the mobile that would be connected by Bluetooth, it would also be communicated with a capillary reader by Bluetooth and directly fool the measurement without having to type it for the administration of the bolus.

What I have most doubts is that or improve the batteries of the mobiles or the mobile does not endure one day communicating by Bluetooth.

Anyway, I like the idea, they plan to take it out in 2018 and this year 2016 would begin to try it in people under strong supervision >

The Dexcom G5 is going to go to the market this spring.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/25/2016 11:42 a.m.

holes9 said:
Joseludi said:
say that I would use the Dexcom to read the levels.The difference would not use the dexcom command, everything would be handled from an application in the mobile that would be connected by Bluetooth, it would also be communicated with a capillary reader by Bluetooth and directly fool the measurement without having to type it for the administration of the bolus.

Anyway, I like the idea, they plan to take it out in 2018 and this year 2016 would begin to try it in people under strong supervision >

The Dexcom G5 is going to go to the market this spring.
That if the transmitters cost 340 euros each and one is needed every 3 months, the sensors must be added.
In short, not available to many.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/25/2016 11:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.