{'en': 'Vertigo and diabetes', 'es': 'Vértigo y diabetes'} Image

Vertigo and diabetes

valky's profile photo   04/19/2015 8:32 p.m.

Can diabetes affect and cause vertigo?

I have never suffered from headaches, but in the last month I have experienced a pair of episodes of dizziness and vertigo, especially when lying.

The most recent incident occurred last week.

I was at work and during my morning rest, while ate a yogurt, my sugar level was 98, which is normal.

However, suddenly, I felt as if the world began to turn, both with open and closed eyes.

I was sitting, but I couldn't hold my head until I leaned on the wall.

I couldn't move because dizziness didn't stop.A long time later, I managed to stand up and took me to the emergency room.

After several tests, all with normal results, diagnosed vertigo, possibly caused by cervical problems and stress.

A medication relieved my symptoms.I know that many people suffer from vertigo without being diabetic, but my question is:

Can it affect the head after many years and many episodes of hypoglycemia?

Or is it that I am worrying too much?

Lately, in an attempt to maintain a lower level of glycosylated hemoglobin, I have had several hypoglycemia episodes.

Thank you!

valky's profile photo
valky
04/19/2015 8:32 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I think you do a bad thing, (trying to have a good glucosilada based on hypoglycemia is not recommended)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2015 9:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not believe that I do the hypo intentional, but that it tries to adjust so much that the one that is neglected is in hiccMore than you move, you are already in hiccups, right, Valky?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/19/2015 10:05 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I have dizziness, I know another diabetic that also has ... I don't know if it's coincidence or what!And it is a roll because you confuse hypoglycemia with vertigos

tica's profile photo
tica
04/20/2015 1:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Can it have something to do with anxiety?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/20/2015 6:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Gala is right, I do not intend to lower my hemo with hypos, but I will calculate badly for adjusting the dose and wants not every day is different, than if nerve, that if it rule, that if sport, that if I spend the day sitting inThe work, that if you walk the weekend, that if you take a nap, that if any meal ... and of course the hypos come alone although I try to take into account all the values ​​and I would also like to lose a little weight and as less, and to theWhat I get is to have more hypos and have to eat more hehe, even if they are juices, but UF than fluid.

Tica, the curious thing is that I knew that it could not be a hiccHead and cold sweats that could well be the usual hiccups, but the initial dizziness was detected differently.

The doctor also told me that it could be stress, and although I had a complicated season a couple of months ago, I now have a good time, and how curious it happened to me when I was quieter, sitting in the kitchen of work, taking a yogurt withA partner.It had never happened to me and it was curiosity if it has to do with diabetes or a bad control of it.
Thank you.

valky's profile photo
valky
04/22/2015 8:49 a.m.

valky said:
gala is right, I do not intend to lower my hem with hypos, but I will calculate badly for adjusting the dose and wants you not every day it is different, than if nerves, that if rule, that if sport, that if I spend the day sitting at work, that if you walk the weekend, that if you takeI would also like to lose a little weight and as less, and in the end what I get is to have more hypos and have to eat more hehe, even if they are juices, but UF than fluid.

Tica, the curious thing is that I knew that it could not be a hiccHead and cold sweats that could well be the usual hiccups, but the initial dizziness was detected differently.

The doctor also told me that it could be stress, and although I had a complicated season a couple of months ago, I now have a good time, and how curious it happened to me when I was quieter, sitting in the kitchen of work, taking a yogurt withA partner.It had never happened to me and it was curiosity if it has to do with diabetes or a bad control of it.
Thank you.

The same thing happens to me that Valky for wanting to be fine and lower the hem sometimes enters constant hypoglycemia and if you change a unity as the foam and you do not know where to throw.

One thing I wanted to ask you, I have seen that you wear the game, how are you doing?I have reached the point I don't know what to do, I put 28 of Lantus in the morning and spend the afternoon is constant hypoglycemia I have to snack small things up to 3 times, if under the lantus at 26 I have seen that I have less hypoglycemia but also, also,But I spend the top night in the Dexcom as without further ado at 4 in the morning, the blood glucose starts up to 200 and there is so richly constant until I got up and I do not know if I left the lantus morning and night if I would avoidafternoon hypoglycemia.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/22/2015 2:41 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Lauriki I also childAgain in 300.
Now I put 10 at night and 11 in the morning and it is much better

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/22/2015 7:31 p.m.

Thanks @gala I think that tomorrow I try to put it in 2 times because I no longer do where to throw

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/22/2015 7:38 p.m.

Since you talk about splitting the lantus in 2 doses, have you tried to let it be?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/22/2015 7:48 p.m.

Well, about the Lantus departure, I spent a little upside down, I put 24 of Lantus in the morning but it seemed that it did not arrive since without snacking anything and taking a walk I planted me high before dinner.That is why the endocrine wanted to do the test and now better, I punctuate at 7.00 and at 19.00, now I can snack something and I get better to dinner :) It is a matter of trying it.You know that not all people endure 24 h of the Lantus, I know it now because I am one of them: P

valky's profile photo
valky
04/22/2015 8 p.m.

Thanks Valky, I think that tomorrow I will try 12 and 12, because I am clear that I have plentyAt night or in the morning

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/22/2015 9:14 p.m.

Levemir is the same as Lantus but from another laboratory, I certainly did not notice any difference

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/24/2015 3:45 p.m.

Levemir lasts less than lantus, right?
To my daughter the Lantus does last 24 hours, putting it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/24/2015 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

One less thorn, yes

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/24/2015 4:54 p.m.

Yes, the Levemir lasts less.Start losing "strength" at 12 noon, that's why it gets twice a day.As Valki and Gala say that the Lantus is split in 2 anyway, that's why I suggested it.Having a shorter duration it is possible to better adjust the dose if insulin needs change enough between night and day.Another good thing that has is that there are controlled studies of its use during pregnancy.

That said, I use Lantus.I put 12 units in the morning and I am lucky that it covers me 24 hours.I used a time (I put 13 in the morning and 8 at night) and I was well controlled but they started giving me very strong migraines and in the end it turned out that it was for the lesson.It is already known, each body is different and although it must be a very rare side effect it happened to me.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/24/2015 7:06 p.m.

Hello:
I write because sometimes I have a feeling of dizziness or vertigo.It has not become serious, but it is an uncomfortable feeling.The endocrine has told me that it cannot have to do with the DM1 or with hypothyroidism, but I would like to see if anyone is in this situation and is clear to what can be due.The truth is that lately I have been somewhat uncontrolled (with the stress that this entails), the thyrotropin I have at 9 and about 8 months ago I had a fairly serious drop in which I needed help (I did not go to the emergency room, but it was aGood scare and I was a little traumatized; then I came to me some little dizziness that remembered that descent although the sugar was well).I do not want to doubt my endocrine, but I would like to think that this will happen when I have everything more controlled.Maybe it is only for stress?
Greetings to all :)

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
12/05/2018 7:36 p.m.

@Anuska stress and anxiety I know that they can generate a feeling of vertigo, with diabetes alone, I have never seen it, in our case, the bad thing is that one thing feeds the other, I had a time when I confused anxiety/Stress with the sensation of hypoglycemia, and the issue of slopes, I have seen it in people without diabetes, but with stress and anxiety.

Encourage @anuska that happens to you soon!

fer's profile photo
fer
12/05/2018 7:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Anuska I also had a bad time with lack of control for hypoglycemia that I traced well but as you say after a good scare and went from a hem from 6.2 to 7.7.My endocrine was clear, you have taken fear of hypoglycemia and that fear generates an anxiety that can lead to dizziness or hiccup sensation when you are really in normoglycemia.Amen !!
I believe that sooner or later it is a period through which we can pass any of us but I assure you that it is overcome.-

Do not worry that over time it will be referring and if you can afford an MCG it will be of great help.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/05/2018 9:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.