More than 3,000 Andalusian patients participate in the European Telemedicina Project

fer's profile photo   12/22/2014 1:42 p.m.

A total of 3,071 Andalusian patients with diabetes participate in the European Palante project (Patieves Leading and Managing Their Healthcare Through E-Health), coordinated by the Ministry of Equality, Health and Social Policies and that it aims that patients assume the control ofits own health care through telemedicine.

This project is developed in several European regions, and in the case of Andalusia it focuses on people with diabetes, with 3,071 registered patients, of which 2,631 come from primary care and 440 hospitals.By provinces, Cádiz, with 793 patients, and Seville, with 524, concentrate 42% of the total, more and more patients from other Andalusian provinces.Regarding the number of professionals involved in this Telemedicine project, between primary and hospitable care total 2,364, belonging to 301 clinical management units.

Patients who participate in palante access the service in 'Click Health', through the virtual office of the website of the Ministry of Equality, Health and Social Policies, where they register their capillary blood glucose data, their weight, its blood pressureand your physical activity.Through this application they can follow their pharmacological treatment, obtain diabetes related educational material and raise consultations so that the professionals of their center can respond them.All these data are integrated into the unique digital health history of each user.

For their part, health professionals, both doctors and nurses, carry out a personalized monitoring of patients with diabetes through an computer desk icon in their workplace.From it you can consult the information that patients have introduced (glycemia measurements, blood pressure, weight, etc.) and exchange messages with them that help them in the process of their disease.

The 'Palante' project, through the application that supports it, pursues control and exhaustive monitoring of people with diabetes, greater communication between patient and professional, the reduction of the number of visits to both primary care centers and hospitals, the decrease in the number of hospital admissions and obtain a faster response from the health professional to the user.It also means for Andalusian public health the optimization of resources and the improvement of the quality of assistance to people with diabetes.

Due to the good results of the project, which began in 2012 and ends in 2015, it is expected that around 7,000 Andalusians with diabetes are expected to benefit from the service.

The 'Palante' project, co -financed by the Program for Competitiveness and Innovation of the European Commission, is developing six additional experiences in different European territories.Each of them uses new information systems and digital platforms for the treatment and monitoring of patients with different pathologies;In the case of Andalusia, the Autonomous Community leads the Diabetes project.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/22/2014 1:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I am Andalusian and the first news I have.If they wanted more participants, I would not have been bad to tell people

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
12/22/2014 2:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would never sign up for a shit .. I say to such a project, I can't stand that nobody watches so much.

But what surprises me is that with the lack of means and resources in Spain, they now have as many as to monitor and control all data continuously to 3000 patients.If to give you time with the endocrine you have to wait 2-3 months at least and every time you have to go further because they are removed.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/23/2014 12:05 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.