How can I get insulin

toniko's profile photo   04/20/2015 1:53 p.m.

Hello, my name is Toni, I am diabetic and I would like to know how to get insulin to make a six -month trip, since it is being very difficult for me to get insulin through social security.All the best.

toniko's profile photo
toniko
04/20/2015 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well ... for social security to raise your problem

tica's profile photo
tica
04/20/2015 2:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!I am "trip" for about 7 months and I took everything from Spain.Talk to your header and tell the situation, he made all the necessary insulin recipes and even more left over.And for the rest of things (needles, strips ...) the same but with the nurse.I recommend that you do this with time, because they do not usually have much material in the health centers and they have to ask the warehouse.I had no problem to get everything.
You also have to ask for a medical certificate to say that you are diabetic and that you need to take with you on the plane (if you are going to travel by plane) the glucometer, all insulin reserves, needles, drinks with sugar, food ...
If you need more tips on travel, here we are :)
All the best!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/20/2015 3:55 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

toniko said:
... get insulin to make a six -month trip ...

Hi @Toniko, what is the fate of the trip? Why are you going to move?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/20/2015 4:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks for answering.The fact is that I am trying for social security and the doctor tells me that it can only give me for a month, that the recipes have them for emergencies and cannot give me more.I will move through Australia, Indonesia, Asia.

toniko's profile photo
toniko
04/20/2015 4:35 p.m.

Hello in theory they would not have to get hit in the SS ...... but I suppose that in pharmacies they sell them ...... but I still think that you have to give you your doctor a greeting and good trip !!

DanielMolinero48's profile photo
DanielMolinero48
04/20/2015 6:54 p.m.

I spent my husband once, and the doctor ended up in confidence that we broke his goals of the month if towards the recipes because the insulin was a expensive medication (we only asked for one more recipe).
Total we set up such a claim in the Inspection of the ambulatory that instead of one made four more recipes.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
04/20/2015 9:50 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Toniko insists and does not ask you to change your doctor.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/20/2015 9:55 p.m.

Another option is if you have a well -known doctor (of the specialty) that he does the recipe.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
04/20/2015 9:57 p.m.

Really, we already have enough obstacles in our daily lives so that they are still limited more and on top of a doctor who knows the problems we have.
Your doctor can perfectly make all the recipes you want (that is the problem, which is "whatever you want" and it seems that it does not give it), it is true that the system that is now first only leavesMake the recipes that you have scheduled what you have assigned to the month, but entering the system manually let them be done and if you hurry me there are still the manual recipes of all the life of God, it is more me when I go on vacation insideFrom Spain, I always take some handmade recipes without date in case I am spoiled those that I have or something happens.
With the strips and needles, what they have told you, ask them for time because they usually have those that usually spend every month and will not be left without supplying other people for giving you the strips of 6-7 months suddenly.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/20/2015 11:22 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

toniko said:
thanks for answering.The fact is that I am trying for social security and the doctor tells me that it can only give me for a month, that the recipes have them for emergencies and cannot give me more.I'm going to move through Australia, Indonesia, Asia.

But what excuse is that?You can make all the recipes you want.If you have the electronic recipe, you can deactivate it and give you recipes on paper of a lifetime (I had it and did so).If you keep putting problems, you change your doctor, because you have to give them to you.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/20/2015 11:37 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Thank you very much to everyone, I will continue trying and I will tell you, I hope that from Indonesia.A hug.

toniko's profile photo
toniko
04/21/2015 12:35 p.m.

lauriki said:
my husband passed once, and the doctor ended up in the event that we broke his goals of the month if towards the recipes because the insulin was a expensive medication (we only asked for a recipemore).
Total we set up such a claim in the Inspection of the ambulatory that instead of one made four more recipes.

I attest that this is exactly how you tell

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
03/03/2019 11:34 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

And I say, if you have an electronic recipe, then put more containers ..... and if not, on paper you need ... I had it with this issue with my mother's doctor after going to the emergency room,He refused to make a recipe on paper, that the recipe was due and after 3 days I was ... and well, I turned it over and a half, but he gave me the recipe that was supposed to exist anymore ...

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
03/04/2019 9:11 p.m.

Doctor's seal and you can buy it in pharmacies!If there is no insurance!

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
03/09/2019 5:20 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.