Recent DM1 and made a mess

Anikadm's profile photo   01/28/2016 4:08 p.m.

Hello!I've been tangling here for a couple of days and reading but I hadn't introduced me yet.

First of all, thank everyone, since you contribute a lot of info and help all people like me, start in this.And is that experience is always a degree!

I am Ana and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few months ago, at 30 years.The truth is that he has not seen me an endocrine until this month and although he has resolved many doubts, I am made a mess with certain things.He did not put guidelines or diets, that will be a nurse that I am waiting for me to call me.To you does the insulin guideline and diet the endo or the nurse?

I am with Novorapid for meals, and Lantus to cover the day.Always under my criteria, since I don't know how to calculate the lantus.

The novorapid more or less, since I have informed myself on the Internet about the Choan count, but I am not sure how much the blood glucose uploads a ration of CH (sometimes more, sometimes others ...) and how much a lowInsulin unit

My problem is that I always wake up high.Before I punctured the Lantus for the MIN, when I woke up in values ​​about 140-190 and at eating it came with hypoglycemia even having had breakfast and lunch twice ... with which I decided to change to put it at night, I continue to raise myself toThose high values ​​but no longer give me hypoglycemia before eating.

During the day I go a little crazy, yogurt breakfast, fruit, eggs, whole wheat bread, homemade banana pancakes, egg and coconut flour ... It depends on what I feel like.I punctuate the corresponding and great.Lunch a fruit and nuts, I do not punctuate and at eating I arrive about 85-100.Such as meat, fish, vegetables, salads, legumes and some rye flour bread+water, equivalent to 6-12 g of ch.

I do not play rice or pasta, only when I am going to practice sports (2-3 times week).And I arrive at night in good values.Ceno almost the same as as and I go to bed in the stipulated values, but there is no way, because of the mñn I am again in high figures ... The whole process of the food is the same by clicking on me than not doing it (I have triedRemove it for a couple of days and it gives me the same as not).

I have read the Somogyi effect or something, and the phenomenon of Alba, and although I have the freestyle fails more than a fair shotgun and I measure me at 2-3 of the Mñn and I do not get anything clear.

Something like that happened to someone?How do you calculate the slow?Increase units to see what happens, the change of time?I am lost the truth.

And as for the diet, is it crazy what I am doing?That is, as everything as healthy as possible, for a month I have eliminated the sugar (before, if I ate a little, I wanted more ...), it were ch refined and I only use those that the fruit, legume and comprehensive products are given above allWhen sports.I commented on my endo and told me that I was not doing well ...

Well, after all this roll, thank you again for your contributions, since without all this it would still be more lost.

All the best!

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
01/28/2016 4:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @anikadm.My daughter as you have been with this for a few months.
Regarding the Lantus, I tell you our case: my daughter puts it at night, if you get up below 90 we go down one, and if you get up over 150, we go up.Keep in mind to leave a few days between each modification.And that the Lantus does not cover 24 h in many cases.They have begun to supply another that if it covers 24 h.
With respect to the rapid, the body does not need the same amount throughout the day, my daughter, for example, needs more at breakfast eating fewer rations than at food and dinner, at breakfast takes 4 servings and clicksBetween 7 or 8, however in the food it takes 8 servings and clicks 5.
At eating not only carbohydrates influence, you have to take into account fats, and a lot of more factors
I hope with how little I know how to have helped you in something.Surely colleagues will help you much more.
Much encouragement and fight.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/28/2016 4:23 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

My son has been with diabetes for 16 years. Levemir puts it every 12 hours and the novorapid on meals.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
01/28/2016 4:44 p.m.

Hi @anikadm you have thought you may still be in the "honeymoon" phase!That your body still free insulin but without order, to put it in some way.To improve the values ​​when you get up, it can be several reasons, for example the values ​​when you are going to sleep, inject some novorapid depending on the food, the food ingested for dinner, I avoid the pizza for dinner why the HDC lasts a long time andI get up high.
All the best!
Diabetic lemur

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/28/2016 4:47 p.m.

Thank you @rociollinares any information is always appreciated.While each person is different and affects us differently, everything you tell me helps me.
The diet that your daughter followed or did you do it?The truth is that I do it thinking that the less refined hydrates the better and that the more natural and less processed the food better, and thus I went down a glyc of 10.5 to 6.7 in these months.But I have read about ketones and I worry about being bad (apart from that they have not given me to measure ketonic bodies).
Go mess ... Thank you!

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
01/28/2016 4:48 p.m.

During their entry they gave us tables with the amounts of HC of each meal and then here I have achieved a few more.His endo paid us some amounts of HC for each meal before registering with their corresponding insulin doses, the HC maintains them but the amount of insulin does not, as you know varies at all times.We are raging down from 13.8 to 6.6 in five months, but I fear that in the next one it will rise.
And we have not been given to measure the ketone bodies and that in the last review we comment, in the next I will try again.

RocioLlinares
01/28/2016 4:55 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Ahhhh and congratulations for that hemo !!!!And if you have lowered your hem, surely you are doing well !!!

RocioLlinares
01/28/2016 4:55 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

lemurdiabetic said:

Well, taking a short time in this, I suppose that as you say, be the honeymoon the deceased.I have tried not dinner carbos, but I still get up high .. Someday I have dinner pizza and it happens to me, but now I do it to me based on cauliflower instead of flour and so it has much less ch.
The fact is that no blood glucose for the MINA less than 140 ... these days no less than 160, and I am afraid to bring bad control.
Thank you very much for your experience, I will continue trying to see!

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
01/28/2016 4:57 p.m.

Many mood and welcome look at me changed me Lantus's slow insulin to Levemi every 12h and I have improved a lot, the honeymoon phase can last a lot for me were 2 years uncontrolled but little by little.You will have to give a talk the diabetes nurse and calculate how much each insulin unit submits.You will tell us.All the best

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
01/28/2016 6:20 p.m.

@Rociollinares had not read the rest of the messages!Those tables that you comment are the ones I have missed, especially in food without nutritional label.
The nurse told me that it was not necessary to weigh the food, that I did not obsess me to count ch ... (now, and how do I decide if not how much to click?).
Let's see if I am lucky and soon take the other nurse and explain more things, that I have not had much luck until now ...
Your daughter is a champion, has gone down the glyc in a short time too!Much encouragement with your struggle, that you are also a very important factor in your girl's life!

@Mariamarquez Thank you very much!Seriously did you notice so much difference from Lantus to Levemir?And you put it mñn and night, or when?

Thank you for your contribution @Carmen67, how is your son carry?

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
01/28/2016 6:55 p.m.

If you notice ... I put it every 12h ... now I start with the bomb, my advice that when you finish the honeymoon, tell your endocrine to put it

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
01/28/2016 7:02 p.m.

Hi @anikadm, welcome to the DM1 club.I tell you how insulin variations.When I want to make some check for amounts of insulin, I make 6 checks of sugar levels.Normally I make myself 2-3 a day because they don't prescribe me more strips, but that is another story.The 6 checks would be, fasting, before lunch, after lunch (2/2.30 hours after finishing), before dinner and after dinner (2/2.30 hours after finishing).If before eating I have low glucose, under Lantus, if I have it high lantus.After eating, if the glucose is low, under novorapid, and on the contrary.I already have calculated that one more novorapid unit lowers me about 50-60 Und of glucose.Always taking into account the amount of HC that I ingest into the food.Lantus already injects on an empty stomach.Another option is to talk to your endocrine and explain the option to change Lantus for Tresiba, which seems to be more stable than Lantus and will help you avoid hypo.I also recommend sport, it helps me a lot, for me it is part of the treatment and I try not to skip any sport session.I hope my experience has helped you even a bit.
Greetings and you are telling us.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2016 7:27 p.m.

@Anikadm, we weigh everything.Bayer has meter vessels that are going very well for rice and small paste, the educator gave them to us and we have one at home and one at each grandmother's house.

RocioLlinares
01/29/2016 10:30 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Welcome @anikadm
Little by little you will improve the principles sometimes cost, but anything here you have us :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/29/2016 4:45 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

During Maria's entrance, they gave us a lot of books and brochures.One of them is "Food Guide for the Child and Young with Type 1 Diabetes, to eat", is from Bayer;The same if you call them even maybe they send it to you, to try ...And there are many foods with their HC rations and some already detailed recipes.
And the "diabetes store" has published a book, which although I still don't have it, I know it's a magnificent guide.

RocioLlinares
01/30/2016 9:26 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Welcome @anikadm !!The first also congratulate you for that hem that is already very good for the little time you have been.I also think that it is very possible that you are still in honeymoon.You will have to readjust and adapt to your glycemia and your needs.As the compis tell you to do many controls, of pre and post, to look for trends and detect when you need to raise or lower insulin, demand strips if they are racane.Regarding the slow one, here he tells the personal experience, I never caught the trick.Or it did not arrive, or towards hypos, if the partia in two overlap, or change it from schedules it was fine.However, the Levemir seems more predictable and easy, it goes in two doses and allows you to see better where it falls short or where it is too much and so adjust ... but this is what I checked with my daughter, many people are goingbrilliant.If you have the same chance you can benefit from new insulins, or consider bomb you find receptivity, I was going to give you a lot of play.If the nurse controls, it can help you as much or more than the endocrine, I have nothing more than words of thanks for Paloma and Ana, the educated nurses of Cruces, who have helped us and help us a lot with the adjustments especially now with the bomb.Let's see if you are lucky with your nurse.If you want a good book where you can support I recommend the White Book of Diabetes, here you will see that many already have it and that we liked it a lot.Oh and the food, I also have the tables of thirst, but what they have really discovered here recent, homemade and processed, of all kinds, and their nutritional information.Is called My Fitness Pal.A hug and a lot of encouragement.Here the most important thing is that you take the reins>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/30/2016 3:44 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hello companion, I am told I am diabetic since the age of 5, now 33, I have been with Lantus and in a few words, it was impossible to square the controls, at first well, but then ... in the end I have been going to let me take off each12h And very well, another world, according to the nurse/educator, there are people who do not tolerate (so to speak) the lantus.
When debut they made me incapose that the food weighs to know how many rations I would eat, try to talk to your educator, I also tell you that 140 in the morning it is fine, a high pelin, worse is a nortucna descent, as you do not find out it is muchworse.My endocrine told me, I prefer that you get up a little high that at mid -night you have a drop in the bestium and do not realize.
And as many people have told you, sport is the best thing you can do and stress (I know what I talk about) the worst and more counterproductive.

All the best

Teknon's profile photo
Teknon
02/01/2016 1:05 p.m.

Thank you very much to all for your comments, help and information!
Luckily I have a close friend who has resolved many doubts, but since this is a whole world, I learn from all the experiences and advice you tell me!Thank you.
I have already ordered the White Book of Diabetes, I have the Myfitness Pal app, and I only have to comment on changing the lantus for the Levemir ... because that new one that is going to take out or they have taken out that it is supposed to be hard 24h, have you already tried someone?The truth is that I click little, a lot or nothing of Lantus, I do not block it or by chance ...
With the chations count of CH I have already caught the truquillo a little, and with the PDF that Rocío has sent me (thanks a thousand!) I will surely finish it.Although sometimes he eats the same and clicks me the same, I get totally opposite things!It's a bit madness, but good.
Sport do MTB 2-3 days per week, should I do something every day?What and how much do you do?
As for stress ... I have proven it and try to reduce it as much as possible, but you already know how this is going: D
The bomb ... Ufff gives me a lot to ask for it, think about having an apparatus there all the time, how you do on vacation, airport controls, or in sport, or ... ??

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
02/01/2016 2:49 p.m.

@Josemedina la Tresiba is the 24h that have taken new and is more stable?How are you doing with her?

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
02/01/2016 2:55 p.m.

@Teknon The problem is that 140 is the minimum that I usually have on an empty stomach ... I have rarely lowered from there and too many for my liking have risen more.Then I normalize or even get out much after breakfast, the case is that I am going to sleep with good levels but in the morning always bad.
The sport is great, it leaves me incredible levels, but when I do a lot I get out of control a bit ... I don't know if it happens to you too.

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
02/01/2016 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.