{'en': 'Insulin in the morning', 'es': 'Insulina por la mañana'} Image

Insulin in the morning

renoca's profile photo   01/23/2015 12:48 a.m.

I want to ask an open question to see if anyone can help me.

The fast insulin that we put my son in the morning makes him less effect and takes infinitely more to start taking effect than at any other time of the day.

We have the Dexcom, so we know exactly the time it takes to start taking effect and, in the morning, it has even taken two hours to start.

Does it happen to someone else?

Any advice to improve this behavior?

Thank you so much!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
01/23/2015 12:48 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Yes to the first question.Not to the second.
Well, I was really a season raising an hour before to inject 30% of the dose.Something improves the issue, logically, but you can find a freshly eaten hypo or just eating that it should not be pleasant for the kids.
Another solution that occurs to me is to look for a breakfast that goes up slowly.But you would be with a problem similar to the previous one.

In the end I have given up.Surely with age they stabilize.Now, in this fight for good control, we carry all of losing.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/23/2015 10:12 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello!!My son is the same, the morning insulin is as if it made less effect, I don't know that it is due.Taking fewer rations you have to click more insulin than food.We do not know why ... sometimes he gets up with hiccups and we have to wait to puncture.We see the behavior of these climbs since we have the freestyle that as glycemia curves give us clear.
All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
01/23/2015 11:23 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

The metabolism of the body at that time must be half asleep.Until I have coffee, it seems that the insulin that clicks me does not want to take effect either.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/23/2015 11:35 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I'm glad to know that we are not the only ones to which it happens to us, thank you very much for the comments

renoca's profile photo
renoca
01/23/2015 5:51 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

My mother does not take for 45 minutes to take effect.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2015 7:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also need much more insulin in the morning than the rest of the day, especially early 7-8 in the morning

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/23/2015 7:18 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It may be that in the morning there is less insulin of the slow in the body .. or that hormones are being segregated that produce insulin resistance., but it is true that for the same hydrates you need almost double dose ..
Well., Breakfast slower hydrates .. and put more units by ration ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2015 3:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I lean the hormones more because I put on Lantus x the mñna and x the night, then x the mñana I have 2 lantus one in full effect and another with remains and still tends to climb

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/24/2015 4:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The same thing happens to me, the girl is 10 years old and the glucose begins to increase generally from 4 am and with breakfast I can't control the glucose well, it is a matter of hormones of that time I think?

aymee50's profile photo
aymee50
03/28/2015 4:05 p.m.

I think it's totally normal.As my endocrine told me early in the morning certain hormones are working that make insulin action not as effective as the rest of the day.

What I do is differences if breakfast before 10 in the morning or after 10. If breakfast before, what I do is increase the insulin ratio/breakfast rations more than in the rest of the day and usually works well.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/28/2015 4:17 p.m.

After several tests I can say that my mother was solved by the matter of the SiganieGet the insulin Novorrapid of breakfast to perform its faster function, and although it seems nonsense since it is doing it is wonderful.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/29/2015 2:07 p.m.

Hahaaa, very good the trick!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/29/2015 4:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good night,

This effect may also be due to the fact that at the time of lunch, so you comment, your child does not have any basal insulin type in the body .... you inject the Levemir at night and in the morning.I would try by changing the slow to a larger action time the lantus that gives you a 24 -hour coverage (although it does not arrive but about 22 hours it covers them).

All the best

Mccaballero's profile photo
Mccaballero
04/02/2020 12:54 a.m.

When the body libes some hormones that make us more insulin resistant.It is something quite normal, so insulin takes longer to act and is needed more than in other hours of the day.
You can play with the waiting time from you inject until you start eating or making breakfast without almost HC to avoid peak.
There are days that I include even if I do not have breakfast I have to make myself quickly.Normally not breakfast and depending on the moment of the menstrual cycle I need fast or not when I get up even if it does not eat.Yes, as if almost without HC, I always need insulin.For example for 2 eggs with half avocado I have to put minimal 1 unit depending on the moment of the cycle.

You have to sign up well what happens depending on what you eat, waiting times, sport of the previous day and see if you can find an insulin adjustment pattern.And if you want less variability, always breakfast the same.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/02/2020 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.