I need a little help.

decodin's profile photo   02/13/2015 7:42 p.m.

My name is Alejandro and yesterday my doctor after some blood test told me that it was diabetic, based on the fact that blood glucose I have in 115mg/dl and HBA1C (NGSP/DCCT) in 7.7.Diet of 1750 calories and metformin 850mg 2 pills daily, it has seemed very precipitated so I have not fit it yet and I am having a hard time animically.
I wanted to know if with these values ​​it is enough to start medicating and change my life.
I will start reading similar cases for the forum to see if they help me and learn something about this disease.
I hope to have your experience to be able to overcome my mood and understand what is happening
Thank you

decodin's profile photo
decodin
02/13/2015 7:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Alejandro and first of all welcome. First, it seems that fasting glucose is not normal but is not excessively high but the HBA1c that measures control of the last three months if it is high, 7.7 means having been in average glycemia of140-180.You have to start taking care of your diet as you have advised, do some exercise, lose weight if you need it ... this is something that comes good to everyone not only people with diabetes. Many times the controlIt is good following these tips and you do not need to take oral antidiabetics but if you have been prescribed, it is necessary.Courage and for that !!

beti's profile photo
beti
02/13/2015 9:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.