Insulin Degludec

Regina's profile photo   05/01/2015 1:20 a.m.

Do you know anything about this new insulin?I think it is now available.It is an ultrastical insulin that lasts 40 hours or more, and that is put once a day without fixed schedule.What does not fit me is that the doses are not superimposed ..
I don't know if we can find out about the results you are having ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2015 1:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I understand that it will be because it does nothing to peak, it is so flat that it does not matter to overlap

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/01/2015 2:30 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

These issues are what we have discussed about the swallowing insulin whose commercial name is Tresiba.

New insulin: swallow?- Diabetes news • Diabetes forum
New insulin: swallow?... I have read Gondrullo that it is a very stable insulin and that we will have it next year.But I don't know anything else, could you ...
Link
swallow/threeiba (new insulin) will soon come out in Japan - News ...
Well, that, Novo Nordisk is going to sell this new type of ultra insulin for sale -at least in Japan, in the absence of negotiating prices.Will it take a long time?
Link

Additionally,

... and threeiba still does not get to Spain

On March 25, 2013, the use of the new basal insulin of Novo Nordisk, Tresiba, was approved in Europe.This analogue of human insulin contains the active substance called insulin degludec, which is characterized by achieving an action of 25 or 26 hours, a great advance with respect to the two analogues present currently in the Spanish market.Lantus reaches an approximate duration of 20-22 hours, while Levemir usually lasts between 12 and 18 hours.As always, there are exceptions in certain people who only serve to confirm the rule.To achieve a duration of 24 hours with current basal insulins, we would have to inject quantities far superior to those required by people without overweight and with an adequate diet.

two years later, Spanish health and Novo Nordisk have not yet reached an agreement for commercialization.

We literally survive deficient basal insulins.Although there are available medications that could substantially improve our quality of life, many patients still do not have access to them.About to enter 2015, Tresiba is not yet here.Although, almost from its departure date, it is marketed in countries such as the United Kingdom, Sweden or Switzerland.And although, a few months ago, it was launched in countries like Mexico or Chile.

I have sent continuous emails to Novo Nordisk asking for its commercialization.The answer is always the same:

good morning,

Thank you for contacting us.

Tresiba is not marketed in Spain and unfortunately there is no planned date.

We only have two options: to perform pressure from diabetes associations, and wait patiently for our health authorities and pharmaceutical companies to agree.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/01/2015 11:13 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, it is an insulin that can facilitate control much, because it perfectly covers 24 hours or more,. And it decreases hypoglycemia because there is no more dose to last more.
We would have to start requesting endocrine and associations.
I didn't know that I was already in use in Europe.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2015 12:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We have been using it for a year 4 years ago

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/31/2016 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

regina said:
Do you know anything about this new insulin?I think it is now available.It is an ultrastical insulin that lasts 40 hours or more, and that is put once a day without fixed schedule.What does not fit me is that the doses are not superimposed ..
I don't know if we can find out about the results you are having ..

We cost us a lot of efforts to get it to us a year ago.But now your recipe is usual.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/31/2016 12:20 p.m.

And how are you doing?We do not want to change it, it has already rejected it twice

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
12/31/2016 12:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.