{'en': 'Athlete Benny Madrigal meets his goals despite fighting with diabetes', 'es': 'El atleta Benny Madrigal cumple sus metas pese a lucha con diabetes'} Image

Athlete Benny Madrigal meets his goals despite fighting with diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/05/2015 9:23 a.m.

Benny Madrigal's sports career seemed to take a different course when he learned that he suffered diabetes, but that did not care and fought for his dreams, which meets every day and in each competition in which he participates.

When he was 22, the Mexican athlete was informed that he suffered this disease, but the support of his family, in particular his mother, was decisive not to be defeated and start the eternal struggle with the condition, which he cannot eliminate, butYes control.

"They told me when I was attending the last year at school, it was the last thing I thought could give me, I never went through my mind, I took care of me, I was a athlete; I had blurred view, I couldn't look at anything, everything looked strange. WhenThey diagnose me, I think 'what I did wrong,' he recalled.

Benny Madrigal, 28 years old and who is part of the "Team Novo Nordisk", practices athletics, cycling and other activities, runs marathons and leads a full life, acknowledged that he suffered a mood.

"I had the attitude a bit low, the doctors told me that I could not be a athlete, but those were my goals, so I said: 'What am I going to do' and I got positive," because his mother told him that "God does not put youOn the way nothing you cannot handle. "

A native of Michoacán, although he arrived in the United States since the age of six, has participated in events such as the Boston Marathon, the Lake Tahoe Ironman Triathlon and others;His next competition will be on July 4 in Atlanta, in 10 kilometers.

One of his goals as an athlete is to run the 42,195 kilometers in less than 2:30 hours, which he is confident of thanks to his effort and dedication that he has had throughout his life for sports activity.

"Sport has always been part of my life, I practiced football, basketball, I lived near school and there I spent time doing sports. (Already with the disease) I started making goals, the disease will be the rest of your life, I have theControl, I'm fine, "he said.

He added: "At the beginning the obstacle that I put now I control it and my goals have grown up, I did not like diabetes to control my life, in sport and in finishing my mastery the disease will not stop me, I have run faster timesThat before, good things are happening. "

With the "Team Novo Nordisk", in which people with diabetes participate, he wants to leave an important message to those who have the same condition, not forgetting the children and guiding them through the world of sport.

Personally, he wants to continue on the path of sport and be better athlete, "I have seven or eight good years, I exercise, bicycle, I run almost every day, when rest I try to do something, but it is sport, it is nutrition, take care ofWhat will I give my body, "he concluded.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/05/2015 9:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.