Erroneous diagnosis or total remission

lumen's profile photo   03/09/2015 6:45 p.m.

Good afternoon I have looked for a diabetes forum to see if someone returns to me a doubt that may accompany me for the rest of my days. My son with 12 years of age debuted on December 28 after alerted high glucose levels in high glucose inA casual control. After one night at the hospital and with a 320 rise they diagnosed him DM1 after two eight in the same center they sent us home with an insulin package and an application program of 1 IU per kilo after someContinuous drops in the levels of Glusmiae we withdraw on January 12, insulin, although it had to administer twice 2 units after the first date, and seeing good evolution I asked for an analysis of insulin antibodies and peptide C which wereSo positive that they ruled out the DM1 so they now want to make a glucose curve to confirm that it has insulin reserves.
We are not very satisfied with this test because it has cost us two to get normoglusmias and we think that 75 gr.

lumen's profile photo
lumen
03/09/2015 6:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hi, friend.
I also took DM1 at 13 years or so but at first they controlled me with a regime until glycemia was shot.
At that moment they click me for the first time and it was when the body reacted so that I no longer needed to prick me, which I was diagnosed with honeymoon diabetes.
I got hard as a year without clicking, until I needed insulin and from there until now that I am 34 years old, it has not happened to me again.Maybe I have that problem but I don't know.

biwel's profile photo
biwel
03/09/2015 9:13 p.m.

Hello, you must be careful.I was diagnosed with DM type 1 when I was 10 years old and something similar happened to me a few months, I last a time without clicking insulin, and over the weeks, I even forget the self -controlles, I had the so -called honeymoon,But because I was healthy I ended up in a coma, it was hours, but a diabetic coma.25 years have passed since what happened, and I am well and controlled.But please take care of yourself, don't happen to me.

mariae's profile photo
mariae
03/09/2015 10:23 p.m.

I already understand what you say about the honeymoon but being so small you will not remember that you would have anti -censulin and gac65 antibodies and you would produce little insulin very common in the DM1 the subject of ours is that it does not have those antibodies and also produces enough insulin 14.5 for a glusmiaof 73. The contolos are not going to leave them. But we will continue with the sport/food treatment and an emotional balance and above all to believe in healing.

lumen's profile photo
lumen
03/09/2015 10:47 p.m.

My daughter had no antibodies.
Be careful, do not think about healing, because when you return it will be more traumatic.
Take advantage of this time to learn about the treatments and insulin action.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/21/2015 3:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello,

I am sorry to be as negative as the previous comments, but I fear that it is a honeymoon and in a few months you will return with insulin.There are studies that indicate that insulin administration, very low dose during the honeymoon increase reserves apart from the child to accept diabetes and not create false hopes.

Where are you from?

By the way, I would not do the curve or crazy sugar ...

tica's profile photo
tica
03/21/2015 11:19 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!!My son happened almost the same as yours, and almost 2 years passed just by clicking 1 or 2 units of slow insulin and with normoglycemia.For about 6 months everything changed and their insulin needs have changed.I am sorry to be pessimistic like the others ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/23/2015 11:07 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.