Give more voice to diabetes

Dori's profile photo   01/31/2016 12:17 a.m.

Good compis, I was measuring me a while ago and asked me about WhatsApp what what I was doing and say "by clicking."Maybe you find it nonsense but it has occurred to me that if each of everyone and all of us we climb to our networks a photo or minivideo of how we measure glycemia or how we inject the insulin, or of our bomb (I do not have xD), Meter continue ... doing what we have to do with these would give more visibility to diabetes.It is a small gesture but every small gesture to be heard is good.

There are already up to talk about diabetes on Twitter #DiabetesSP in Spain, in the other countries I suppose too.

At first I have said that they have asked me and nothing, because I know me but I say all this because when I started with diabetes I was very shame.Now it gives me a little the same, but sometimes I go to the bathroom.

I think telling us a little what happens to us either through Twitter, Facebook Snapchat or Instagram.I don't know, it's something that has come to me.If we encourage ourselves great and if not, then nothing to share with you xD

As I always say normalize our non -normal life (measure ourselves, tell rations, raise blood glucose ...)

Greetings and good night!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/31/2016 12:17 a.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Although I like your proposal @dori, I have to recognize that he has a certain double edge, because he agreed with her, I find some inconveniences.

Personally, every time I hide less (I don't go to the WC anymore to inject or control) and more than anything I do it for "respect" to others, it is also true that in the past I have had problems when making my publicDiabetes, for example, at work level, renew the driving license, etc ...

So, even if you agree with what you propose (and I like you!), I understand that the decision is totally personal and that everyone has to do in their circumstance that can do.

Courage everyone!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/31/2016 11:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is also true xD

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/31/2016 12:06 p.m.

20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

@Dori hey, I see it and collaborate ... showing my most nice and healthy side ... that the idea of ​​that fat person with RSPIRATION problems is removed when talking about #Diabetes
By the way, I would go to create a group on Facebook and others, which as I have been here for, I don't know if you have haha

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/31/2016 1:22 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

BLOCKOTE CLASS = "QUOT" REL = "MARCOS_J_M" & GT;There is talk of #Diabetes
By the way, I would go to create a group on Facebook and others, which as I have been here for, I don't know if you have haha
It seems perfect, but it is true that it is already each one.I think there is no Facebook page, no idea.
On Twitter if this was done, a unag would be fine.
Greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/31/2016 3:43 p.m.

Hi @dori, go ahead with your idea and as @Fer always respecting who does not want to do it.But surely most agree. Those people equal to the others, I recently started with this but I have come to measure and click on Magdonal and Knees and other restaurants because I did nothing or bad or good to have to haveThis disease.That's why I don't hide it. A greeting @dori.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2016 4:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter doesn't hide either, a rare thing for her age, and she says she wants people to know the disease.The same is changing my mind, but for now ..... and I hope this does not affect him in the future, because I recognize that in certain situations he can create rejection.
So if it serves to raise awareness and that people learn not to say comments without knowledge, go ahead.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/01/2016 6:13 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I agree with everyone and I even repair having written this the truth XD because each one does what he wants and of course we do nothing wrong.Nothing.
But there are very silly people.Once in class at the beginning of starting with diabetes one of my class, as they told me, as I left my backpack because I touched me in another class he opened it to me and took out the syringes, saying look at the Yonkie.Children, cruel some XD, of course, is later more vallated, I explained that it was diabetes.My other colleagues also knew what I had and not a hint of grace.
I mean, sometimes it costs and repairs but it depends on the person and the situation
We just don't let it be different or look weird.And that I didn't think much what I put, it came out alone.
Thanks and greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
02/01/2016 7:30 p.m.

@Dori of repair nothing! Upside down, well you do, and more that we would have to do all!I can do it.

I encourage again for everyone !!: -BD

fer's profile photo
fer
02/01/2016 7:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.