{'en': 'Do you have pre diabetes?You have the opportunity not to develop it', 'es': '¿Tienes Pre Diabetes? Tienes la oportunidad de no desarrollarla'} Image

Do you have pre diabetes?You have the opportunity not to develop it

fer's profile photo   05/07/2015 10:17 a.m.

Prediabetes is a medical term that refers to blood glucose levels above normal values ​​but are not so high as being called diabetes mellitus - a level between normal and diabetes.

Those individuals who have glucose levels in prediabetes values ​​have a high risk of having type 2 diabetes mellitus in the future, as well as developing cardiovascular complications.

However, prediabetes is asymptomatic and reducing the consumption of food with average glycymic index, and restricting high glycemic index foods in the diet, increasing physical activity and lowering weight can reverse prediabetes and,,For this reason, delay or prevent type 2 diabetes.

Prediabetes has a component known as glucose intolerance and eased fasting glucose.

Statistics ensure that 25% of people with pre diabetes will develop diabetes within a period of 3 to 5 years .Here some tips to prevent this from happening.

1. Lose weight: 5-10% of your body weight.That is, if you weigh 200 pounds, lose ~ 20.

2. He eats less calories, reduces approximately 500 calories a day, to lose 1 pound a week.

3. Move yourself.It accumulates at least 150 minutes of exercises a week.They can be 5 days for 30 minutes, or 3 for 50 minutes.The frequency, more days, much better is more important.

4. The exercise is a natural insulin.10 minutes can help lower sugar after a meal.What do you think if you walk or go up the stairs after lunch in the office?

5. Eliminate your diet juices, even if they are squeezed at home.To make orange juice (China) at least 2 fruits are needed, each 15 grams of sugar, therefore, an 8 -ounce glass of squeezing has 30 grams of sugar.That is a no.

6. Make a low breakfast in sugar and refined pharináceos.In the morning it is difficult to control glucose levels, due to the function of the counters.Therefore, do not eat processed cereals, cookies, "pancakes" "muffins", etc.The ideal is a good amount of protein (egg, turkey ham, nuts) accompanied by ½-1 cup of integral oatmeal.

7. Remove soft drinks, that's a big step!A can has 35 grams of sugars.I do not like to recommend drinks with Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners, but "if you can't live without it" at least change it to Zero or Light.

8. Creole bread is your enemy.Did you know that each inch of Creole bread, whether white or integral, is equivalent to 1 slice of special bread?That is, if you eat some toast in 7 ”average Creole bread, it is as if you eaten 7 slices of bread, more than 3 sandwiches.That, without talking about butter, etc ...

9. Reduce portions, if you are going to eat food, try not to exceed 1 cup, grains, pasta ¾ cup.If you like beans, take out the rice from the plate and accompany your protein with any legume (chickpeas, beans, beans, lentils), are low glycemic index, that is, they do not cause blood sugar peaks.

10. Eat integral.Read the nutritional labels, look for more than 3 grams of portion fiber, and that the first ingredient is "Whole Wheat" Whole Grain. "

11. Do not buy foods that exceed 5 grams of sugar per portion.

12. Includes snacks, thus control the appetite and therefore, the amounts of meals.A perfect snack is a stab of nuts;almonds, nuts, hazelnuts, etc.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2015 10:17 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

excellent!!!It is working perfect !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2015 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

continues to work .... although with 55 kg and some mischievous

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2016 6:51 p.m.

At the moment too well, I still have lowered weight and the values ​​that the glucometer gives me are normal by pulling low.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
10/12/2016 9:30 p.m.

According to my endocrine I am prediabetic but I have positive antigad i ia2, in addition to under the peptide c.Wouldn't it be rather late ???

Zate's profile photo
Zate
11/27/2016 10:22 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.