Type 1 parties and diabetes

Manu14101's profile photo   05/09/2015 11:45 p.m.

Good I wanted to ask you a question about a question that has arisen me.Although I have been with diabetes for many years (I am 15 years old) and occasionally I am going to party because I always wonder about alcohol, such as cubatas, and diabetes is good is bad and if I take what should be what I shouldto do

PS: Thanks before hand :) & GT;-

Manu14101's profile photo
Manu14101
05/09/2015 11:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On how to control glucose levels well when it goes night and takes alcohol, we have spoken several times, although there are always things to clarify and contribute.

Here you have a good number of topics that you can read and comment.

Drink the weekend and parties - Questions about diabetes ...
Ok, now I want you to give me your opinion, what you drink, and how much, and I want you to speak to me as normal people who party and such, don't be ...
Link
Christmas Meals - Experiences with Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
Drink the weekend and parties - questions about diabetes.... And how much, and I want you to speak to me as normal people who party and such, are not.
Link
suggestions for diabetes control during festivities ...
The most important thing to control diabetes during trips and celebrations at this time of parties is preparation.Be clear about what can be eaten ...
Link During- the-festivities

Christmas and other parties, lack of control ... - Experiences with the ...
Happy parties.Even if you try to make an effort and prohibit both the amount in general and some food in particular, in the end one ends ...
Link

Regardless of what has been said on these issues, my recommendation, avoid drinking alcohol, although if you do, then it is better that it is rather high than low, the basic danger is that if it gives you a descent, you will not have the capacity to trace, because theLiver is processing alcohol and will not release glucagon to recover, but what has been said, better read and ask!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/10/2015 4:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Fer I already have several things clarified although when I go out there I always take my two sugar terrocillos

Manu14101
05/10/2015 11 p.m.

Take more than 2 lumps of sugar ... how you spend some night, or sugar shovels, those hypos date back.My advice is also that you do not drink, but if you drink you should never forget to look at you little house ... think that it is a dangerous situation and that you are also drunk you have that point of not knowing if it is alcohol, a hypoglycemia or that gives you everythingequal.Seriously, it's very dangerous .... But it's totally normal that you drink and want to make a normal life, but be careful!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/10/2015 11:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hahaha thanks TICA I have already checked it I have been something more like when I do sports

Manu14101
05/13/2015 4:44 p.m.

If you are going to pay tribute (drink a drink), try at least that the drink is normal.That is, with normal cola or normal fanta.No light or zero than brown lines.

Mandril88's profile photo
Mandril88
05/14/2015 7:25 p.m.

Thanks Mandril88.I have already tried more times since I asked here, and the results were good for example to get up at 78 despite alomejor eating something before drinking and then having something to get home.

But I have a question if I go out with friends, to go, it has taken something out a pizza or something and then drink, do I take insulin?Or while I drink something with carbohydrates?That is my question because of the times I go out with my friends I am having dinner at home.

Thank you all and in the face of hand :) (I've already returned)

Manu14101
12/19/2015 7:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.