Ideal measure to go to sleep?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/01/2016 12:20 a.m.

Hello, could someone tell me what is the ideal measure to go to sleep?Without running much at night???Thank you.

At this time I have 110 and I have eaten a Gullon cookie just in case.What do you think ???

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2016 12:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ufff ... Is that relative slope ... for example, at what time will insulin begin to take effect?If you have finished dinner at 23 and it is 00:30, and you are 110, be sure that it would continue to fall if it were not for that cookie, you have to foresee the amount of slow insulin that you put on, its peak that is usually inTorno at 8 am and so on ... in my individual, at 3 hours of having dinner and 150 I am perfect ... you have to try @aliciaalicia here there are no rules, and what is going wrong to youGreat and vice versa ... a hug!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/01/2016 12:46 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @marco I will do it as you say to see tonight as such.It seems that this is far from being an exact science.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2016 12:52 a.m.

Hahaha ... see @alalicia, is an exact science, but there are values, that we cannot interpret or adjust, not even take into account ... since, what is the amount of cortisol in the body?Or, what kind of sleep are you going to have?Will it heat ??They are nilimetric factors, which will happen in the future, and that is the real problem ... not to count hydrates ... if not to plan your acts 2/3 hours later even 24 hours, those that we do not use a bomb ...I have a nightmare is to have a curious downturn ... thus we work, or a discussion with someone ... the sugar is triggered, or goes down ... according to the amount of adrenaline, insulin ... and millions ofFactors ... Do not despair and my advice is that you make a personal notebook where you write everything.
How long are you in the team?
Greetings and that the force accompanies you :)

Marcos_J_M
02/01/2016 11:40 a.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hello@marcos, I will tell you that in the life team I have been diabetic for many years and it is diabetic for about 6 months. I am what they call a lada.Which means that diabetes has surprised me more. Thank you for your advice.Young people with as much diabetes experience as your case are the most I can learn.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2016 4:13 p.m.

Glad to hear it!!It is never too late for this and in the end there is no other than sentorte blessed by the second opportunities that life gives

Marcos_J_M
02/01/2016 4:55 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

This is my battle horse !!!!Unlike many of you at night I have no hypoglemia, but sugar always climbs me at night.I put the Lantus at night along with the quick of dinner, I also usually play sports in the afternoon, I'm going to sleep with 90-100 and I wake up in 140-180 according to the day;Then all day well and regulated, but at night ...
I have been listening to how I will get up so because it makes me rebound any hypo that I do not notice (the truth is that I have a lot of tolerance to the hypo, I have been with 26-30 working and relatively well) but since I have the continuous meter I give myselfHe says that (as I thought) I don't have nightlife, simply since I fall asleep (1 in the morning) the curve begins to climb until I get up;From there not even breakfast, go down to normal values, I don't know, it will be that as you say each one is a world ...

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/02/2016 12:42 a.m.

Don't you fix it with one more Lantus unit?
You will have that phenomenon of Alba.
The advantage is that they do not give you hypos at night.
You would do well the bomb or, maybe, the Tresiba ..., but it is not high values ​​that you have ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2016 2:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

nacho said:
this is my battle horse !!!!Unlike many of you at night I have no hypoglemia, but sugar always climbs me at night.I put the Lantus at night along with the quick of dinner, I also usually play sports in the afternoon, I'm going to sleep with 90-100 and I wake up in 140-180 according to the day;Then all day well and regulated, but at night ...
I have been listening to how I will get up so because it makes me rebound any hypo that I do not notice (the truth is that I have a lot of tolerance to the hypo, I have been with 26-30 working and relatively well) but since I have the continuous meter I give myselfHe says that (as I thought) I don't have nightlife, simply since I fall asleep (1 in the morning) the curve begins to climb until I get up;From there not even breakfast, go down to normal values, I do not know, it will be that as you say each one is a world ...
The same thing happens to me, identical!The only way I have to regulate the levels is to train cardiologist in the afternoon.But my values ​​are the same to yours, my guidelines of insulin are similar to yours.

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
02/02/2016 1:06 p.m.

@Nacho, how do you get to dinner?It will not be that you fall short of the lantus or that it starts to take effect late and from the time you put it until you have to take effect you are without basal and from there that climb?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/02/2016 2:30 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I see the opposite, I see in the free that from 3 in the morning I slowly but continued.But I give myself the lantus about 18 hours to be covered all day ... what each one said and its genes ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/02/2016 2:52 p.m.

Gala, I get well at dinner.I do sports in the afternoon (some gym and pool or career), and I am arriving in 70-95 to dinner, I wear the fast dose (4 units) and slow (12) and dinner does not make me a peak, I reach about 100, it starts to go down and before sleeping 80 or so, and from there up (this morning 160) it seems strange to me, it is as if the insulin did not take effect while I sleep.And the effect will continue after breakfast, because it does not make me a lot of peak (today I have climbed those 160 on an empty stomach to 178 and from there to about 100 an hour and a half after breakfast).

I know that my values ​​are not very bad, but I have the feeling that those night elevations make me up the gly.

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/02/2016 4:11 p.m.

It is as if it took effect ..., maybe with one more unit.., ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2016 10:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What happens to me sometimes is that I go to bed with 233 for example and I get up in 133 and if I go to bed in 140 or I get up in ninety -something.So not to risk sleep with hyper.

Dori's profile photo
Dori
02/02/2016 10:37 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

dori said:
What happens to me is that I go to bed with 233 for example and I get up in 133 and if I go to bed in 140 or so I get up in ninety -something.So not risk I sleep with hyper.

You have basal insulin too high, without discussion.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/09/2016 9:20 p.m.

Good to all !!!As I said a couple of weeks ago I began to use the Dexcom, and I think it has come to give me the reason in my way :)) :)) :)).I know he has no medical or physiological logic, but I tell you ...
As I said I went to bed bass (about 80-100) and always dawned higher (+/- 160);I put 12 from Lantus at dinner time.I have climbed thirteen and now it seems that I wake up a little lower.
But last night and this morning it was curious.I got the fast to 3 units, after dinner it hardly makes me peak (I had made a gym and an hour of pool), and I started to download.At approximately 00:30 I take the test and I was in 85, I like a cookie and I'm going to sleep.Well, it is to get into bed and as if the insulin was paralyzed, it starts to upload quickly (below I put the photo of the Dexcom) it maintains thus all night and dawn in 130 (it is not bad).Breakfast of every morning and like every day about 7:45, because at 9:00 I was already in 80 and with the arrow down.
It is as if the effect of the exercise, the slow and rapid insulin were "paralyzed" at night and began their effect the next morning.I don't understand it well, I want to donate my body to science !!!!!:)) :)) :))
I attach the image of the Dexcom

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/10/2016 2:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.