{'en': 'General swelling when putting insulin (insulin inflates the body?)', 'es': 'Hinchazón general al ponerme insulina (¿La insulina infla el cuerpo?)'} Image

General swelling when putting insulin (insulin inflates the body?)

Gudrun's profile photo   05/10/2015 1:05 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I tell you my case, debut at 24 (almost 6 years ago) with type 1 diabetes.

At first I did well and had good controls.Even towards some insulin and with a little slow and eating my values ​​well.

The problem came when they prescribed the fast insulin, I made the mistake of not clicking it since I was afraid to gain weight.

He spent time and I had to enter the hospital for a flu worsened by diabetic acetoacidosis and there they began to put me fast insulin and thus control my values.

When leaving the hospital, I swell a lot and the endocrine told me that it was because of the decompensation I had and for suddenly putting the fast insulin.

I didn't endure since my whole body hurt and stopped clicking again.

I have tried to do the diet well and click on what touches me several times but always the same thing, I am very swollen and I leave it for the same.

Has that happened to that?

Could you tell me when you have lasted?

I have decided to prick little dose and gradually increase so that it is not so invasive.

Thank you very much!

P.D: I can't continue like this since I have average at 17 !!A bestiality .... :(

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/10/2015 1:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What do you mean when you say you faint?If it is an allergic reaction, there are several types of fast, so that you try which one is doing better, Humalog, Novorapid or Apidra
You shouldn't have problems ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2015 8:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I swell my whole body, from my head to my feet.I told the endocrine if it could be the rapid that I use that the apidra is but he told me that they would all do the same. I hurt my head as if they were squeezing my brain, my mouth, they give me cough attacks ..All he swells.
I don't know what to do anymore, now I have lowered the dose to see if so I don't swell so much, but scheme is not a normal swelling, it puts me especially from the belly to my feet something out of the ordinary and it seems as if IThey were going to explode from the pressure it gives me ... maybe I will tell you that I will provide another insulin, to promote that it is not ...

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/12/2015 8:11 a.m.

I do not think it is allergy because it does not appear hrackers or anything, sometimes some Moraton, what happens we spend a lot of time without fast insulin and now the amounts I need are high.When I put it suddenly it is what the body, according to the endocrine, swells me ... I do not know how to endure, because it costs me a lot, also in my work (which on the job of the pastry), the schedules are bad and I have to goOne day to work at night, which makes me decompose sugar even more ... I have to put together from willpower and continue, but it makes me so hard ...

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/12/2015 9:18 a.m.

Gudrun, with having the average in 17 do you mean the glucosilada ???Of course you have to solve that problem, insulin is fundamental, vital .. have you not done any type of proof?Do not give you any solution your endocrine?I encourage you to insist, if you cannot ask for medical aid, do not let a doctor for lack of interest, take you to lose your health

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
05/12/2015 12:36 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Yes, to the glucosity ... a barbarity, I know ... a couple of months ago, I went for the mutua to do all the tests that I could, kidneys, circulation, heart ... and everything was right.I was after I went to the same -year analysis a couple of weeks ago to the hospital and the endocrine that takes me there, he told me that the only solution I had scheme the insulin and waited for my swelling to go.

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/12/2015 1:23 p.m.

I do not understand very well that insulin swells you, insulin is not a medication, it is only a natural hormone of the body.

Have you tried to put regular insulin instead of fast?I suppose it will be the most similar to the natural one and actually the effect is almost the same.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/12/2015 1:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Change to Humalog, that the action is the same as the apidra but with different components
The regular one, which Sherpa tells you, is more difficult to control because it peak at three hours, but if you do not go the humalog, try that

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2015 3:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see, if you have a hemoglobin of 17 I understand that you do nothing but drink and pee, normal with the figures in which you are moving, the body tries to expel the sugar that is left over.
When you put insulin, the low glucose and the body does not have that need to expel the sugar, so urine less and you will notice as if from one day to another you inchahas or the most fair clothes but that is why your body does not have toexpel the sugar that is left over in blood and you do not go to the bathroom and you are used to being continuously expelling, not because insulin inches you.
I imagine that you will be thin because with that hemo you will continuously acetone and you have to click on the insu 2 days you will notice to be inhaded, it is normal when you start controlling your glucose, start gaining fat and not continuously drinking and peeing.
Try to control the levels because as they have told you up there it is vital, what I do not know is like that hemoglobin have not left you admitted because you should usually walk through the 500 ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/12/2015 3:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The truth schemes if it is true that I do not go to the bathroom or drink so much water but because of what I have read it is also because of the sodium, that the body absorbs it more and that also makes me swell more.The endocrine gave me the option to enter to see the amount I need insulin but because of the work issue I cannot afford to miss since we are only two and my partner would only go badly, apart, they entered a long time ago a long ago aday by diabetic acetoacidosis and when the same thing happened to me.The solution I see is to click little fast insulin and increase it little by little.Apart from trying to diet well, without eating refined sugars and exercising.I have taken quite time and not taking care of myself.

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/12/2015 6:57 p.m.

I would prick the insulin you need to try to lower that hem, realize that with those values ​​you can even enter diabetic, make many controls and go adjusting, calculate 1 unit for every 50 you have more.
I tell you from my own experience that you will gain approximately 2 kg by hemoglobin point that you go down but once you go down and are at good levels everything is normalized, the weight, the sensation and swelling and everything.
And here we are here to help you !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/12/2015 7:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If you allow me and with all respect .... You have a monumental mental mess.
1º What did your partner just go wrong?It will only stay with those levels.You are not playing your health but your life.
2nd Change endocrine.So clear: it does not have N.P.I.With those levels you have to force you, you want you or do not want.And you can't leave you like this with those levels.He goes to jail on the fast track.
But what are you thinking about?
I play 100 to 1 that insulin does not make you any evil except a strange case of allergy.It is easy: it changes to the one that tells you Gala.

Good luck and ... react!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/12/2015 7:17 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I will try to do that, click on to normalize my sugar because I know that I cannot continue like this ... my endocrine the truth is a lot of scheme but I have the fault for not clicking from the beginning.I hope that with doing a good diet and exercise I do not get fat since until now sometimes I got some binge unusual since it did not absorb the sugar constantly hungry, but well the important thing is to lower the sugar once byAll of you grow all for your comments and supports.

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/12/2015 7:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.