Type 1 diabetes in 6 -year -old girl

Rosi's profile photo   02/03/2016 9:03 a.m.

Hello, I am a mother of a 6 -year -old girl who diagnosed her type 1 diabetes two months ago.The truth is that the world came to us over the whole family, but well we are already assimilating it.Now it is in the honeymoon process and we have been in 1 month without putting any insulin or on a timely occasion because you have eaten some more HC such as rice.All this diabetes is a world and I go as very lost especially in the theme of food, for the moment I do not calculate the HC that eats because not being insulin does not miss, but hey already told me the endocrine that whatI do to take practice, but I see it very complicated to have to weigh everything and calculate the rations to be eaten during the day.You could tell me how you do.
Thank you so much.
All the best

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/03/2016 9:03 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Hi Rosi, and welcome to the forum !!!!
My daughter has been diagnosed for 8 months.In particular we weigh everything and calculate the insulin according to the HC that you are going to take, over time you will calculate by eye, I did not believe it when they told me here that in the end many times you already measure the eye and the right.The piece of fruit, bread, milk are already common thing that I rarely be wrong .... Little by little you get used to, in my kitchen and in the grandparents the scale and a calculator are fixed.And I am implying my daughter to weigh and calculate, which has already many times, but yours is still very small, mine is already 14 years old.
Much encouragement !!!And any questions you have, do not hesitate to consult it, here are very expert people always willing to help.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/03/2016 10:23 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you Rocio, but I also understood that you put insulin according to glycemia, almenos is how they have taught me so far, because being the little girl sometimes I put the food but I do not end everything that I put then the insulinIt would not be very reliable.I do not know now all this of the theme of food is very big and especially the pica-pica we take it fatal.
Mucgas thanks for everything.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/03/2016 11:06 a.m.

Yes, you have to take into account glycemia and HC, if it is in normal values ​​I only have HC, well and fats, and sport ... but well do not overwhelm, little by little.In our case, when we do not know the amount that in the end is going to take, which is usually at food and dinner, insulin then puts it.

RocioLlinares
02/03/2016 11:25 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi @Rosi !!!The issue of rations is something that over time and practice will end up dominating.To us the endocrine, together with the rations, also recommended us in a plate method (which you will find for the forum) and all this combined helps us.Iago is already 13 years old and the only amounts of hydrates and insulin to wear is dominating.I tell you the same as @rociollinares, consult any questions that a lot is learned here.
Cheer up!!

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/03/2016 11:26 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

It is small but you have to start assimilating the disease and that if you put two rations of potatoes you have to eat yes or yes, worse is my son who is 2 years old, but with 6 it is already greater enough to understand, it is moreHe will understand him as soon as they give him a couple of whichever for not eating what he owes.

You have to weigh everything, but do not worry that in a few years you will put the food to the Ojo PQ you will perfectly calculate what a portion of bread or rice is.

Obviously you put insulin according to glycemia, but it is the same as 80 as 120, insulin varies according to figures greater than 160 or less than 80.

What you have to keep in mind that if you put insulin to eat 3 portions you have to eat the 3, better to leave meat to be left.

The complicated thing about diabetes is not to weigh the food, and you will realize, jeje .... That is easy, the complicated thing is to bring good values ​​even having absolute control of food and exercise.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/03/2016 1:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can do it as a game, make bets to see who approaches the weight closer ..... If my daughter wants a portion of bread, we cut it and try to find out who is closer to 20 gr., With the fruit the same, to see who chooses the piece that most approaches the rations he wants, and so with many foods.Thus we all imply in the calculation of rations, to my little daughter.As Aranzazuleg says, it is good that he becomes familiar, and he will be surprised how fast they learn.I would never have imagined that my daughter with only eight months of diabetes would make the decisions she makes as soon as the amount of insulin to administer, and what already dominates the issue of rations.

RocioLlinares
02/03/2016 1:21 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much, little by little we will know this whole topic and we will be experts.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/03/2016 2:01 p.m.

Yes, the first months use the balance. Then you see it by eye., Because there is not so much meals variation.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2016 5:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Much encouragement you will see how with patience it gets along in what fits.I am diabetic since the age of 14, now with 29 years that debuts.I am not healthy but the following.No complication.3 years ago I will operate myopia because I was already tired of the lenses, it operates and so happy.
Always patience is the main thing, many times two equal situations will not be the same results.
So what you need here are.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/03/2016 5:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi @Rosi!I imagine that all this will be a lotWe are to exchange advice, express opinions, ask for information and feel understood.I have a 15 -year -old daughter who debuted at age two, such as @Aranzazuleg.It is difficult but dominates, go studying well the issue of portions and types of insulin, as each act etc.The honeymoon will be a time to learn, to see if it lasts.Cheer up!!>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/03/2016 6:39 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

The same can help you have a glucometer that has bowling calculator, depending on the glucose level and rations (or grams) of hydrates that you are going to eat suggests the amount of insulin to put.My girl uses the Abbott's freestyle insulinx, if you call or send an email to the manufacturer (Abbott: Link they send you for free, yes, you have to ask the doctor to put youon the health card the compatible strips.

Greetings and a lot of encouragement!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/03/2016 6:49 p.m.

Ainoha, what did your daughter take childhood?

aranzazuleg
02/03/2016 6:51 p.m.

Hi @Aranzazuleg !!Well, in general, childhood very well, it has laughed, has played and enjoyed life despite the conditions that we know so well that diabetes brings, and that if I had debuted in this time I think of so many things that would have turned out moreEasy, more flexible, more compatible with "normal" schedules ... we already commented on another thread that your child is very lucky to have started from the beginning with the bomb, and on top of all that you know you are giving you a great childhoodAnd happy, do not hesitate.>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/03/2016 7:26 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Surely I will have asked you in another spin, hahaha ... if I am obsessed with that !!Now I begin to think how the pants are going to rise alone, because it still carries diaper, when you take it to see how your pants get on and put the machine inside in school ..... aaaaaaiiiiiinnn what complicated it is all !!

aranzazuleg
02/04/2016 9:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.